Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Love Punting , Providing Selections & Chatting Gibberish ; & I Intend To Do So On Hyah

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

those'll do me Toby - ta for putting 'em up

liking the prices !

ew multiples for shrapnel

am all studied out from finding all them loseres today 😄

:)

had look at just the one race

Lingfield - Standard

7,0'c

racewise, it's been a long time between drinks for HEY HO LET'S GO 12/1 EW. been almost a year, and nine races since this 7yo gelding last won a race

a lot of pace on (ie frontrunners) here , and HHLG has a decent draw in box two of eight.. it's a Cl6 on a bendy AW track where anything can happen - so not worth going any more than nominal stakes

selection is a big price atc - don't know if it's any value, but is at least double figures ,, granted he's fair out of form, but...

... if can break on terms, he does have the rail close by to help - if (could be slow away , might run wide , or both - if so, then curtains 🤗) can chase the pace i be happy,,, if i don't even get a 'runfer' then i'll no be too disappointed neither.

good luck anyone what can find a nap selection for this 😄 if have nowt better to do , might tip into bookie shop , and if any of ye tipsteres in racecard tipster box has a 'nap' pick here , then fair play to em - i might chance €2 win on it 😝

will do me as a pick here anyhoo, in a race where it's a waste of time trying to rule any out; save for perhappes wishing for a bit o' 'throatcutting' (not a wholly unlikely prospect that, for me) up front - hope summat like that happenes and the Hoad horse capitalizes

g'l and gnite

edit: had just logged outta heeh and then it hit me - : "i make this one a nine to one shot , so he is , after all , 'value' " hehehe , so logged back in to post the same

that's deffo all 😊

Ripon - Good (Good to Firm in places)

pity only seven declared for this as only two each way plcs

Greek Giant 5/6 sets the standard here.. he won lto on top of ground at Brighton when making all , and on the AW at Lingfield the time before that when coming from just behind the pace.. ran a very good 2nd previously at Bath, over shorter, and will take all beating here

not for me at them odds. maybe in a Cl5 with less weight on his back, as has to lump 10-0 here

Edwina Sheeran 10/1, is of interest being a winner over ~12f at Beverley 2 runs ago. tried making all lto at Redcar over ~14f lto on Good ground, but was collared ~2fs from home. Is by Decorated Knight, who's Knightswood, was a CD winner on Good ground last night... race was ran in a fast time.. I don't think her (ES) racing style (generally races close to pace) will see her get home here, so will leave off.. on another day, or if there were three places, I might consider her, but too many negatives... not a bad price tho

pen landed on AMERICAN OAK 18/1 EW + WIN w/o fav @ ~ 9/1.. represents the very much in form Tim Easterby and Dave Allen combo. 3yo gelding has had five runs to date.. on penultimate outing and first h'cap run (at Bev over 12f on good to soft) this one was probably held up too far to be involved, and beaten just over 8.5lgths..

.. saw a deal of support lto at Redcar over ~1m 6f , but made a costly error which cost him any chance.. that was on top of the ground.. horse, we'll assume acts on good to firm, and will forgive lto run.. I'm willing to give this one another chance anyhoo

nice day out. will leave off study and venture outside methinks..

gl all with yisser punts and whate'er else ye be at !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

I'm not participating in Ascot lottery today, thanks. But there's one to play in Lingfield 5pm, amateur jockeys hdc 🤣 Look now, P. Millman is riding R Millman (his dad?), Miss Moonshine (what a lovely name, was dad was once into it), she's a CD winner once and close placer twice out of 4 starts here, didn't show anything on her last two starts on turf, probably didn't like the firm going and/or 7f lto, now back onto AW... speculative but revival is possible, also IMO it is worth following more experienced jockey's in such events, small e/w. Swiss Pride is the other one on my radar, he has fallen in ratings dramatically now but I don't think his turn is today...

I have to take that back - I see HT has tipped one from my notebook in 6:10 Ascot, so let's play... Spangled Mac is the culprits name.

• Advertisement

Quick result from first race in Ascot... 🤣 all accas and other multiples down the drain again 🤣 I'm only laughing because I don't do them 😂

rubbish both me picks today 😪

Spangled Mac saves the day today by grabbing a place, but I'm still pissed off over the Swiss Pride (he was 7/1 when I was looking at the card, won @3/1).

unlucky there missus, with not backing that @Swiss Pride :(

..too many horses in all these Ascot races ; imma look elsewhere today - one pick'll do today. can't pick any at all lately 😌

in that 4.05, #American Oak ran out the back, never travelled smoothly at all,, ran like a "had to be chivvied along, ran in snatches like a 'runs in snatches, had to be chivvied along, thing' "

was a massive drifter y'day - #didn't see the horse run in races previous, but no mention of any of what I mentioned above... don't know if horse always runs like this, but mebbe h'gear nto?

was about ~8lgths or more off the pace out the back most of race, and ran on one-paced to end up beaten a similar distance..

.. will keep eye out for nxt time American Oak is out...

one pick'll do today

Musselburgh - Good (Good to Firm in places)

IATO'S ANGEL 9/2 WIN

hopeful pick, fairish price. came 4th over a furlong shorter in Cl4 at course in April. too far back to be involved lto over CD.. that were Class3.. might rain over there , would have chances if juice gets into ground (possibly will - looks to be a bit o' rain forecast there)

doesn't look to have much 'in hand' and has bogey (for me lol 😛) jock, Mullen (for first time), atop, but is lightly enough race at or about a mile/mile two..

has won on soft before.. will do me

come on, let's do it Iato's Angel !

#needawinner#finlandwasrobbed#RTÉwill'learnlessons'#Tubswillstillbelaughingaway#nothingtoseehere

g'l

• Advertisement

Redcar - Good (Good to Soft in places)

take flyer on CHICABIDDY 100/1 EW , with deux places avlble

jolly might be far better than these, but has an extra furlong to run from lto run when she finished 4th of 14 - very very short is @Mimi Kakushi @ ~ 1/3... chanced win lay at not much bigger than them odds, and place (2) lay @ ~1/8 , in hope she flops,, like said, might be too good, but sire, Galileo Gold's, progeny tend to prefer proper 'Good' ground, so 'green shoot' there.....

EDIT : "Going" is now Good (Good to Firm in places) ... either i red it wrong , or , well , i didn't... #tooconfusedmeenoughforonedayg'luck

Post edited by hayrabit on

Ascot - Good to Firm

for sake of bette , will have many in one race:

AIKHAL 66/1 , NAGANO 8/1 , AL NAFIR 6/1 , MORACANA (for highly respected Lavery yard - hup the Irish !) 33/1 , AIMERIC 10/1 , AJERO 22/1

win and each way on them

confident of getting a place here at least 😂

#enuffedegeneracyforoneday#things'llpickup

GL 😊

It looked for a moment that Chica might hold on for the 2nd spot, nah, other outsider got flying towards the line and ended up taking the race...

I have no time for this today, I'm gonna play fav in 2:20 Redcar - Okeanos, and that's it for me for the day.

ya , another day Chica might have rewarded us 😂

unlucky with Okeanos, j ... only saw result - bt a head :(

#hardgottimesrecent#veryselectiveiswayforward#isgood#advice 🤗

EIGHT meets today an nine tomorrow - too much by far !

#choiceisgreatan'all#but#that'sfartoomany

leaves one less motivated for sho' 😄

hope will get summat from remaing picks today... :pac:

#finlandwasrobbed#us'artists'need#Study'ubfor#studying+other#cerebralpursuits#sensitivesouls😆#someday

😊 not too bad there

got 4th and 5th with @Moracana and @Ajero - so that's okay. didn't win hardly anything on 'em tho, as had them all win done on the twice 😃

one more for to go tonight and @Iato's Angel shortening a bit from the 9/2 got earlier for ye @2ndlaste at Musselburgh

'green shoots'😊😊😊:)

#staydisciplined#theywasrobbed#who#finlandthat'swho&#weaintforgettin'youneithermr#bekind#@#RyanTubridy#nepotismandcorruption#sameasiteverwas@hashtag#choone#

be kind folks :)

....and fareth thee well 😁

6.10 Ascot

ROCKET RODNEY 16/1 will do me each way here in ye laste at Ascotte... has good a chance as any... draw a concern tho - is drawn widest of all in box 31 (??) in a field where 27due to go post and 28 declared :confused:

fair enough price.... first time in hcap (like a few otheres too) swung it for me. could be blot on hcp? notta clue 😛 is capable of getting from a to b over five furlonge trip (granted, that were at @Goodwood) in less than 57seconds, so that's a plusse and counts as a 'green shoot'

#needanAscottewinner#discipline#StudyHub#finlandwasrobbed#Tubswon'thav2#givebacka#cent#thisisIreland

not good enough - finished about 10th or summat :(

chance go FEUD 16/1 EW & MIGHTY RIVER 9/2 WIN in 7,05nm

cheeky rev fcst also

😁 😁

BOOM !

giddeeup 🤣 Gwan Mullen 😊

gotto t' front ~2 out from hold up ride.. pressed for lead - it were 59/41 (at best) in favour of pick for about 1 furlong out of ye long long home stretche.. but winner bar shouting ~+50yds out....

#thefurthertheygothefurtherhewaswinningby#happydays#hopefolkewereonye#mainpicke 😊

#amnottooslowona#goodday

g'nite 'nd good luck

EDIT : -

#thefurthertheygothefurtherhewaswinningby#happydays#hopefolkewereonye#mainpicke 

😊

shouldbe:

#thefurthertheygothefurtherShewaswinningby#happydays#hopefolkewereonye#mainpicke 

😊

#apologiesfor#'mis'gendering#downwith'hatecrimelegislation'#allnewlaws/legislationsare#pincermovement#attack/sagainstye#righteousandlawabidingwhile#yesummeresgetawayregularwith#allsortsand#notjustreefin'@#bertiebassett'sconfectionaryneither 🙂

#tomoroanotherday :)

'random funny/unfunny#eachtotheirown video clip time'

saw this one in a show feat Paul Whitehouse discussing 'is fav comedy sketches.. thought some boardsies might getta laff out of it 👊

this one features the great Soymun Dye in an 'ilarious series of pub scenes

#eachtotheirown

pity about ye 'subbititles' :(

#njoy :)

that's deffo it for t'nighte.... 😃😊😄

Post edited by hayrabit on

• Advertisement

chance one for #tomorrow, Sat'dee

Lingfield - Good to Firm-good in places

no rain promised , will hope none comes...

first raced me had look at, but slight downside is have three pickes😆 all good prices , and all can go well and give us runfer us money 😊

no time for writeuppe ; widna put folke off puttin' 1 r 2 yoyoyohomeyyos on t'trio ... will likely do combo 'castes, me an' al.....

DOVENA 9/2 EW , DAME SARRA 10/1 EW , QUEEN OF STEEL 9/1 EW

good lucke.... :o)

So annoying, Luke pressed the button on Okeanos a split second too early and his effort flattened out too early..

WD on getting Iato's Angel right, never in doubt.

ta j@u 🙂

gr8 to get alrighhtte !

bereft of inspo - chance going two each way flyers in 'Classified Stakes' MM race , where owt can happen

Lingfield - Good to Firm (Good in places)

3 hit and hope each waye hopefuls:

HUCKLEBERRY 50/1 EW , PROFITAR RULES 18/1 EW , TWILIGHT JAZZ 28/1 EW

GL !

winner + 2 placed ones - YaY ! 😁

one placer there - happy to take that an' all 🤣

😁

#havehadworsedays #finlandwasrobbed#neverforget

#StudyHubs#urgentlyneeded#artistry#puntingartistry

last one

chance LUCKY MASCOT 12/1 EW in 8,50 ling

gl

nothinge there :(

g'luck

Pontefract - Good (Good to Firm in places)

plenty in here fall into the 'mehh' category here for me

CARRIGILLIHY 16/1 EW. this one is twice a CD winner on Good ground.. granted those were a Cl5 and a Cl4 (Cl3 today - horse aint never won at this level)

on a good day this one can stay close to the pace and travel within himself for majority of race.. hope today's a good day and this one can still be on t'bridle a f / 1.5f out.. whether the grey is good enough in a finish when taps are turned on late has to be a question mark, but am at least confident of getting a decent 'runfer'

based on his lto run (over CD / good ground / also a Cl3) you'd think Tim Easterby's 5yo gelding would fall short here, but that's only one piece of form... looks about an 11/1 shot to me, so be 'value loser' at least heheheh

#hopefulnotconfident

g'l

6.45 Pontefract

first thing me did was look below ye racecarde... "trap" 4 won this the last two renewals... one of those was Music Society in 2021.... alas, MUSIC SOCIETY 12/1 EW aint in box four , or is he?? trained by Tim Easterby, this one comes outta 5 (???) box , but he (Tim) also has/had Just Frank due to come out of four box , but Just Frank is nr

..... efffectively , Music Society is in the four box 😀 #'trends' 😊

although he's the only one I looked at (on the draw 'trends') solid cases can be made on recent/ish form... Ponty is v stiff 6furlonge trip, and the horse aint threatened the judge for a while, but he's been knocking on the door in good races..

12/1 prolly a fair price here,

is versatile enough re ground and can go from off the pace or lie up with it..

will do me here.. Both pickes (Carrigillihy & Music Society) are trained by Tim Easterby. will do ew double on themme

----

Concorde goes in the 6.15 - remember him ! should be on a five timer , but is merely going for ye hattricke today.... folke on TV are saying 'untested' on Good ground... drifting a bit... is ~5/2 from ~15/8 earlier..... no looked at this race and no bette...

might be worth watching t'Buffy horse anyhow.. if only for t'sake of spouting 'knowledgeable' shoyte 😃

late in the day when me decidede to look at this meet... on another day, me could have given this one a reet good luuk, but too late now as too many horses etc...

#StudyHubs#needed#artistry#nevaforgetfinlandwasrobbed

's'all

Music Society gets placed in 6,45.. no joy with other Easterby horse in earlier race..

and @Concorde, drifts further out again, and finishes 7th of 11 in 6,15, returns 9/2! someone 'knew' . still, no bette on that one, but surely worth keeping eye on if goes on AW or on turf with plenty of juice (soft) in it

• Advertisement

one for tomorrow

Ballinrobe - Good

wide open this.

PORTREATH ~ 5/1 WIN. one of two mrs Harrington has in this. has questions to answer re staying the trip, so not an each way pick. thinking is if good enough could be more than good enough to beat the rest of these..

a few are having first run in h'cap , Tony Martin has two (both same ownership) , sires: Free Eagle and Galileo are each doubly represented here,, plenty of angles

looks like winner can come from anywhere over track and trip, so if selection is held up in order to better 'see out the trip', then likely has just as good chance as any of em... Seems to be plenty pace on here so plan for horse could be a hold up one

raining here a bit today in midlands, so perhaps it's raining o'er in Mayo also.. hope not, as PORTREATH didn't fare so well with soft underfoot conditions for all his first three (altho they were maidens, so there's that 🤣) runs, and might fare better here on better ground and upped in trip. even if ground does go soft, then it's not unpossible that selection can operate on it, esp running outside of maidens plus ye longer trippe.. be worse 5/1 shots going tomorrow

looking at one of the otheres,,,,

.....if ya look at form of last two runs, then Tony Martin's Navy Beach ~5/2 is most obvious one, and is thereby deffo worth a mention... will leave off as is trained by A J Martin, and would rather go for one at some sort of a price here. nowt wrong with 5/2 tho if ya do like Navy Beach

won't back Martin horse, but will likely do Navy Beach in rev f'cst with selection, PORTREATH

that's all from me

'nite

#theywozrobbed

Advertisement