Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Oh, my bad. I just assumed from the way they went on.

Thought it was an odd name but thought, maybe, it was a nickname.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

That was her previous post, I was referring to this.....

This ta as well.

Sign in local car parks, with opening hours M-F 8.30-18.30, Sat-Sun 9.30-19.00, goes to ticket machine as the 24-hour clock was a problem.

The machine says the Payment Period is 8.30-18.30, it was then 19.45 and they are complaining the machines won't take their money and when I explain that parking is free after 6.30, its brand new information to him and how did I know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,932 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

My brain has gone to mush . I used to have a great memory ( got through me the LC ) and I used to be good at the numbers round on CountDown . Now I can’t do it at all

use or lose it folks 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Had this over tue pm, a friend was helping me to sort out an issue with my computer/printer. In the mix was Windows 11, friend told me to NOT download W11 as he doesn't think its properly finished(it's his area)

He's known me for years and has been there for all of the failed exams or being left behind as I can't meet expectations bc of my memory issues. the last thing he said was to remember not to d/l W11. Yup, my memory will start behaving just case he says so!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

DONT DOWNLOAD Windows 11 . Every time you open boards they’ll be a notification that CJ maxx mentioned you 😷

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Ugh!! I really hope that's not what it is. During my time in the hospital laboratory we used to get nasty pus drained from Pilonidal cysts as well as entire cysts that were cut out, complete with compacted ingrown hair. It was really nasty!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Knew a lad who had that before. The healing can take some time and there’s something about not letting the wound heal over gauze. Single lad, living at home and his folks were away.

Insurance covered a nurse to come out and do it for him once but after that he was on his own. Had to get his best mate to call over and stretch out the “affected area”.

The mate says he can still see, years later, yer man’s squished up “junk”, and arsehole, whenever he blinks. Been burnt into his eyelids. Had to do it a bunch of times too. That is some friend, not sure I’d be so obliging.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 30,488 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Overthinking everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,295 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The term 'Son of Ireland'

Wtf does it even mean ??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

• Advertisement

Thank you and how very clever of you to know to do that.

Post edited by Bredabe on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

TA the Tubs' Radio Thread is 'closed for review'

hhmm, very strange

<< Mod snip >>

Warning applied.

Do not attempt to make such accusations again.

Post edited by HildaOgdenx on

The outrage aimed towards Tubridy is a bit ridiculous.

My TA is that people don't show the same level of outrage or get as worked up about way more important issues like the absolute state of the health service in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,488 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Stomach is a bit upset after take-away last night!

WFH, I wandered downstairs to the kitchen, passing the space the freezer and various cooking materials live in I spotted a grey and white flash out of the corner of my eye.

As it was grey-striped and white I was satisfied it wasn't a rat so I had a closer look, brat cat stood outside the back door looking back at me, the same door it used to get into the house and lick the tin foil that is used to cook various meats.

TA'ed that it wasn't automatic to put those in a cat-proof space and that it's so long that I've had a pet cat that I'm falling down on my etiquette.

Georg cat tho.

Post edited by Bredabe on

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Scipri0

I have a Facebook account but havent't logged in, in a while and some days i'm getting multiple messages like 4+ telling that a person posted this or that etc. They're desperate to get me to sign in but christ is the ,ultple messages annoying and if i turn them off i'll get no message informing me that someone sent a message!! hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭wildwillow

I have a permit to park in a designated private area of a large Carpark. Said area is well signposted. Public area has parking machines or app.

A woman with a small child had parked beside my space and was leaving her car as I returned this morning. I knew it wasn’t the usual car so glanced at her dashboard for a permit. I very politely pointed out she was in the private area and would be clamped. They patrol the private area very regularly. She needed to move a few meters to any of the vacant spaces in the public area.

I got an angry scowl, she grabbed the child and put him into his car seat and proceeded to the vacant spaces. She may have been under time pressure but a thank you or even a smile would have been appreciated. I had most likely saved her €120 and a lot of time waiting for a clamp removal.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭blade1

First TA.

Had a hospital appointment and I parked my car in a carpark about 15min walk from hospital.

Halfway on my walk and then remembered I left doctor's referral in the car so back I went and ended up running to the hospital.

Second TA.

I mostly just carry my phone and tap it to pay for stuff.

So, after hospital I got back to carpark and realised I can't tap to pay to get my car out.

Off I head to nearest bank to see can they do something.

No joy there but they said if I go to the main bank in the city they may give me cash by logging into my bank app which they did.

Third TA.

Because of the hullabaloo I had to pay an extra hour parking.

watchn BBC3

Carly Rae Jepson (i think?) 'miming' at Glastonbury :rolleyes: SING ! ffs 😪

you've got ~20yrs or so on Spiteri and she's beltin' em out on BBC2 (unless she's a better mimer 🙂) 😃

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Advertisement

good as guess as likely i could muster 🙂

not a scooby here ⛄️

don't know owt about CRJ or whether or not she e'er sings live at all .... be nice to think she were a bit "streppy" a'ight , or summat like that 😆

#finlandwasrobbed#nevaforget#EV2023

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,641 ✭✭✭standardg60

When you're having a poo and a drop from the splash hits you right in the badge.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,940 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

• Registered Users Posts: 6,940 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Where did June go ?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Shur don't talk to me, I've managed to miss most of the "long stretch in the evenings" and I feel hard done by.

Also, bunions.

The one fcuking fly in my living room.

buzz buzz buzz

• Registered Users Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I live in an exclusively residential area / road.

5 minutes ago a huge flat bed lorry followed by two cars, busted the silence…screaming into the road, over speed bumps at speed, chains rattling and breaks screeching…. Bizarre

looking out the window they’ve stopped, close to a house nearby all be it one who’s line of sight is partially blocked by trees, , the three vehicles are blocking the road in its entirety, I can see that much…

the only thing I can think of is they are trying to repossess a car ? Or something similar… hardly nicking one as a huge flatbed isn’t exactly inconspicuous… hardly starting works on anything at 2.05 am.

people are just getting fûcking weirder…. Engines still running and slightly animated conversations….

half tempted to notify the local Garda station but for what use that lot might be.

Something not right, on the way out, I noticed a taxi parked right across the entrance to the road….. it proceeded to turn and follow the truck which had had two cars loaded, so I’d say someone just had their car half inched, remarkably swiftly.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Scipri0

kinda frightening how fast the months and years are going by.

Watching a celeb version of the chase and the chaser getting questions wrong , deliberately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,427 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

More than a TA but really didn't enjoy the Iron Maiden gig tonight as I was assaulted by the woman sitting next to me. I've been to so many concerts as a solo woman but this is the first time something like this happened.

I spent the entire show ducking and diving her arms, had her invade my seat more than once, lunge in front of me to take pictures of her friends (who twice intervened to prevent her from being thrown out). She was clearly as high as a kite but that doesn't excuse her grabbing my leg and then punching my leg two or three times. I did forcibly remove her arm and told her to cop on, i wish i had the nerve to break her arm for her.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement