Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Currently buying/selling a house? How is it going? READ MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 cmor234

Thanks! Hopefully it will be soon. We are with a broker also, but everything just feels so slow!

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Aph2016

Sell it yourself, cameras on phones are excellent now, take a few pics, copy a description from a similar property, and advertise it online with onlineestateagent.ie .

1.5% ex vat is insane, estate agents been shafting people for years, otherwise use auctioneera for the fixed rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Bluefox556

So update on this from me in case anyone else experiences something similar - 11 days passed so I decided to call back the mortgage valuation phone number. Agent there tells me they can see that the estate agent assigned the valuation completed it on the 14th but a part was missing so they sent it back to them.

The agent also lets me know the firm doing the evaluation. I then call up the estate agents who were assigned the valuation. They tell me they completed it 100% (doing them all the time they know they did it right etc) and that they had submitted it. They even text me a picture of the screen on their portal saying thanks it's completed.

I have a mortgage advisor in AIB so I then got onto him and he said he should be able to see it if that's the case, but he can't so he will chase it up.

About 3 hours later the report pops up in my online portal.

I thought this stage would be easy and hands off once paid for, but nah needed to do some chasing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Contracts are signed on our house and we are hopefully moving in 2 weeks. Yesterday, our dishwasher broke (out of warranty), and despite trying multiple repairmen, none either can fix or will be able to do so in the next 2 weeks. What should we do in this situation? We don't want to leave the new owners with no dishwasher. Should we arrange a repair even if it's beyond the 2 weeks and pay it ourselves?

(By the way, our induction hob broke 2 weeks ago, and cost €170 to fix! I'm terrified to use anything at this stage)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Bluefox556

Are your buyers expecting the have the dishwasher?

If not, then no harm in there being none there, it's not really as essential as a fridge/cooker/washing machine.

If they are expecting it to be there as part of the sale, then I would arrange a repair and pay for it even if it's past the day you move out.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭TheRona

Is it a decent dishwasher? A lot of integrated ones are rubbish. The buyers might prefer to invest in a new one, so you could just offer them a bit of cash towards that instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Aguce

Maybe they are planning to buy a new one themselves. I would offer them money around the amount fixing would cost. I bet they would prefer a new appliance instead of a fixed one.

No it's terrible. It's from Ikea and it's 8 years old. We got all our appliances with our Ikea kitchen at the time and the induction hob, oven, microwave and extractor have all been bulletproof (except for the aforementioned hob which broke down a couple of weeks back).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭SortingYouOut

New build developers being very very vague in their advertising as of late.

Is it normal for them to not give any size details of the garden less than two months from completion?

Beverly Hills, California

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Timtam2020

can someone tell me, does having planning permission granted add value to the proprty if your planning on selling it.

house valued for let’s say €400,000 having planning permission for a double extension granted will it add much money onto the price tag?

thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭theboringfox

Should add a bit. Buyer knows planning can be got etc. Doubt it is material

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭AH92

How's the market lately in terms of bidding mania? Sale agreed for 4 months but we might have to pull out due to title issues. Fuming about this but oh well.

Has anyone also used the Moovingo crowd?

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭factnee

Yes - I used them. I was very happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭theboringfox

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭DownByTheGarden

They have to give you the green rate if you ask for it no matter what your BER. I know someone who got it. They had to put their other half who is a solicitor on the phone, but they got it and their BER was a D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Tell me more - our mortgage fixed term is up this month and refixing is going to cost us a bomb as we've a C2 rating and can't get the BOI green rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 EchoEmber

Went sale agreed about 3 weeks ago. However the solicitor still hasn't heard anything from the vendor ? I am assuming at this stage they are waiting for the vendor's solicitors to send the deeds of the house ?

Have already lined up a structural survey and also the Letter of offer from the bank is on route to my solicitor. I am sure I am just being impatient with the vendors side at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Lyra Fangs

They'll send on all relevant documentation so your solicitor can raise any pre-contract queries. Have you any contact with the vendor's estate agent? Could you get in touch with them to move the process along? They will be as keen to close out on the sale as you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭black & white

The same solicitor that I referred to in this post have just done the 8 weeks from Deposit received to keys handed over again, it's a close family member that I suggested use my solicitor and they are delighted that they did. They also notified the solicitor a month or so before it went on the market.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 EchoEmber

Well I have been in contact with the EA to get structural survey etc organised. I am told the owner does want to get the process moved along quickly and does have an outstanding mortgage on the property. I do wonder if that does slow down requesting the deed etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭manniot2

Hoping someone might have some thoughts on the below.

We purchased a couch in 2018 and paid for it via instalments. It turns out one direct debit was missed in 2019( no idea why it bounced back for some reason) and the lender wrote off the missed payment (130e) in 2022 and raised it as bad credit on our credit history report. We had no idea about any of this because the lender sent all correspondence about it to a wrong address.

It was raised today by our broker who was doing credit history checks.

will we still be able to get a mortgage? We already have one and have had no payment issues (or any other debt issues)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,397 ✭✭✭This is it

It should be fine. The broker, and the bank they go to, will ask about it but once you explain it should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭picturehangup

Buying and Selling, currently!

Went SA on our own house last April, trying to encourage the purchasers of our home to get moving, quite literally.

The docs are with their solicitor, and I have called the EA who sold our house for us to encourage them to close the sale of our house, as we are almost ready to go sale agreed on another property. They seem to be very slow, hope they're not getting cold feet, or it's back to square one again.

There are a few houses we like, in the Celbridge/Kilcock areas. One semi-d is almost reaching 490000! It is a nice house, well-built, but needs to be brought into the 21st C. There is no shortage of bidders.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 blowintothewest

Hello everyone long time lurker here.

Had to pull out of sale agreed last week as the mica test for the house came back as significantly positive. I feel for the owner and the other houses in the estate (because this was the first positive one) but honestly this has completely decimated my confidence in even buying a house in this part of the country at all as we were assured (multiple times) by anyone we talked to that the blocks came from the north and were hand carved by Jesus himself.

What's worse is we know people on the estate and they've just been told their house may or may not be affected by this.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭FledNanders

We had a similar situation to this when selling our house, and we needed a quick sale as we were sale agreed on another property.

It took me getting seriously p*ssed off and hounding our EA constantly for updates from our purchasers and basically giving an ultimatum for them to get their a**e in gear if they want to buy the property or we would find new buyers. We are now thankfully much further along since I started hassling everyone and they are signing contracts this week.

Everything takes time: Loan offer, bank valuation, property survey, solicitor queries etc etc etc so you really need to keep on top of where things are at with the buyers. If they're dawdling and having second thoughts then the sooner you get rid of them and get new reliable buyers the better

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Random one here folks, hoping to get to sign contracts this week or next, after which we need to send the remainder of the deposit I presume. Currently my bank has a hard limit of 10k per day transfer, will going into a branch get around that? How have people got around this limits in the past?

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,397 ✭✭✭This is it

We just sent 10k a day until the deposit was paid, our solicitor told us to do it this way so didn't seem like an issue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭TheRona

Yes, you can just go into a branch. Make sure you have ID etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭Cork2021

On the deposit side of things. If we go sale agreed on a house that we’re viewing in the next couple of days.(confident that we’ll get it) we have the €5k booking deposit but won’t have the rest until our house sales goes through.. has anyone had any issues with this?

Advertisement