Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2023 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

No significant rain at my location for over 5 weeks. It was glorious while it lasted but my garden needs it badly and the farmers need it even more. I prefer rainwater to watering plants/veg.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,169 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

The sun has popped out in Galway city after an awful drizzle shower. Horribly humid out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

26c possible tomorrow. Humid, drizzle and sunshine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dohouch

Geez, met-ie are showing a frequent rain, next 5 days, West coast

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

People will often comment on how **** the weather is too, but that does not mean that it affects their overall mood. Most people don't care about the weather; they only comment on it to make conversation. Attempt to steer the conversation further into the topic of weather and they will shut down. There is much more important stuff to talk about, like who won the match yesterday or what guests were on the late late show

New Moon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,212 ✭✭✭✭km79

It’s fierce close

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Shannon Apt's unbroken streak of consecutive 20C days since May 29th is still ongoing today with 26 days now.

Only 5th July-1st August 2013 (28 days) and 24th July-26th August 1995 (34 days) have had longer streaks since its records began in 1945 and those were both later in the summer unlike this one which is very early.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Strong and Faithful

Looks like it won't equal the 28 day stretch of 2013. Will get to 27 days tomorrow before high teens Sunday.

Remarkable, as you say, for so early. Like it includes 5 Spring days!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,743 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Too muggy out. I can't wait for the fresher conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

A nice soft day in north Kerry.

Had a whopping 8mm in the last 24 hours bringing me to 41mm this month.

Still a bit to go to rectify the SMD.

Quiet low cloud as I look out towards the Atlantic from 186m asl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭highdef

I'm not too sure if your post is intended to be sarcastic or not. I couldn't give two sh1ts who is on The Late Late Show nor do I care about who won the "insert sport name here" match. If sarcasm was not intended, then perhaps sports match results and who's on the telly are your own personal things that are important to you but everyone is different.

I do, however, care about whether I can carry out outdoor tasks and social activities in pleasant weather. Warm (or hot), calm and sunny weather makes my mood better. Warm and calm does the job fairly well too as does calm and sunny. Warm and sunny but windy, not go good.

But cold, rain and wind all bring my mood down. I'm OK with cold and dry but calm, better with sunshine of course.

When the weather is fine, I'm generally outdoors. During the recent good weather, I didn't switch a TV on for days upon days as I was enjoying doing things outside, right until dusk.....thankfully the long evenings in this country allow us this luxury that most populations do not get to savour.

There was a torrential downpour in Trim earlier today, totally did not expect that. Very breezy now but cloudy. Don't think I saw the sun once today. It's mild though but the strong breeze is making it feel cooler so wouldn't be able to stretch so far as to say that it's warm. Thankfully there's a bit of humidity in the air so doesn't feel cold either.

All change soon, will make the most of tomorrow and then I'll get grumpy when the weather turns properly shi11y in a couple of days. So glad I took almost a week off work recently so I could get out and enjoy the weather when it was at its best. Got loads of outdoor work done plus a great tan and even got to experience some good thunderstorms. Thunderstorms (proper thunderstorms with frequent lightning, not typical Irish thundery showers with 3 or 4 flashes and bangs and that's it done) and snow (of the sticking variety) are the only non-warm/hot, calm and sunny conditions that I like a lot.

"Some people feel the rain; others just get wet".

New Moon

And some others feel the rain as they get wet from it. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 48,212 ✭✭✭✭km79

It’s Bonfire night so obviously it’s now raining :(

киннавукічо

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Strong and Faithful

A 27C over the North East tomorrow on the Met Map. Thankfully looks like being dry for most of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A warm and humid night

10pm

Mullingar 20 degrees

Phoenix Park 20

Shannon 19

Oak Park and several others also at 19 .

• Registered Users Posts: 18,169 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Shannon and Dublin airport both 19°c at midnight, it's a mild one.

A glass completely empty interpretation of the forecast if ever I've heard one 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Kutebride

19⁰ this morning already. wow. Overcast. Breezy. Warm. Meath.

Got soaked on school run yesterday. 3pm Meath.

Not much rain forecast today I think.

Salthill for the early deluge tomorrow for thr GAA match there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Warm and humid out there, feeling very muggy and close.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

22 degrees at 9am at phoenix park in Dublin. So warm out there. This really has been a great summer so far, last summer was lovely too to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Its what they revel in, wouldnt pay much attention to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Met.ie showing today and tomorrow dry in Galway despite all the rain forecasts earlier in the week.

Over the past 2 weeks, forecasters have really got the rain predictions wrong. We did get rain but nothing remotely similar to what was forecast. Are the models struggling? Or maybe it's raining at night more.

Mace Head still showing 14mm for June (Average is 82mm)

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

24 degrees at phoenix Park at 12pm. Feels even warmer

In fairness, they did caveat alot of their predictions by saying that the heaviest rain would be very localised and that some areas would fare better than others. We did reasonably well in my area too but got a good and badly needed dumping yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Another shite day in Cork 🫠

Up to 25 degrees now at phoenix Park, wonder might it sneak a 26 or 27 today.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I think 25c is todays max, today has been a lovely day, wish we could have this everyday until mid September.

Advertisement