Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

LI wont go into to much detail but St Mullins were hit with tragedy last weekend with a unexpected bereavement very close to a few key players so it's hard to imagine they will be in the right frame of mind.

Carlow are a bit suspect at the back but dublins attack isn't the strongest. If they can keep it tight down the home straight they will fancy their chances.st Mullins beat cuala a few years ago and rangers bet ballyboden a few years ago so they won't fear the dubs. Pity it's not on gaa go because id expect Tipp to have alot for offally.

Mikey Carey isn't out yet they're still waiting on results.They cant take chances. I heard earlier in the week mullen was due to get out stitches this week but don't know how true that is. We would be hopefull that he will be back.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,827 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Mod Update

Jock_Ewing Dieter_Langer and several other newly formed accounts have all been Banned from Boards for Sock-Puppeting.

One person creating several accounts like this is not uncommon unfortunately, as I'm sure ye all know, and is the reason why a lot of posters view 'new accounts' with a certain level of suspicion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Comerman

Thank you 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Charlie69

I enjoyed reading Jock Ewings posts to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Village87

Damian Lawlor is an excellent presenter. Streets ahead of Cantwell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭hogans heroes

Everyone fit , what would be your team for semi.

1.murph

2.mikey

3.Hugh

4..paddy

5.padraig

6.richie

7.blanch

8. Adrian

9.Mikey carey

10..wally

11.tj

12.john Donnelly

13.billy drenann

14.mossy

15.Eoin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Grats

Straight off, no way should Paddy be in the backs.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Formosa

On the short free incident, I've been of the understanding (for decades at this stage) that if a free or sideline is fouled, it has to be a throw-in...there is no scope to award it the other way, as happened here...maybe I'm living in the 80s and the rule has been changed, or maybe I'm just wrong...anybody got any idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Marrooned

I thought the same you lose your free advantage and a throw would be awarded by the ref.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Someone who sets up multiple accounts on boards really needs to give themselves a wobble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭KK36

I think that was changed a couple of years ago to a free against rather than a hop ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭kk.man

1.murph

2.mikey

3.Hugh

4 Tommy

5.Blanch

6.richie

7.Darragh

8. Adrian

9 Cian Kenny

10..Tom Phelan

11.Donnelly

12.Deegan

13.Mossy

14.TJ

15.Eoin

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭KK36

8 First names, 3 nicknames, 2 surnames and 2 full names. 😃

I'd agree with your team, including Paddy Deegan in the forwards, but I wouldn't play Darragh. Buckley or Mikey Carey at 7 for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Charlie69

Whats the word on Mikey Carey ? Is he gone for the season?

Happy retirement to Neill McManus a great hurler.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭bamayang

Heard Mossy is gone for the year, anyone know if that’s true? Injury didn’t seem that bad.

Jesus that would be stretching the panel

I was told that M Carey and A Mullen are out too.

I think Galway game has a potential for a banana skin for Tipp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Village87

Galway wont fear Tipp, but imo Galway are a very average outfit. Tipperary to win for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,871 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Hard to look past tipp alright, even missing who they are that's a very strong team. Waterford was a blip to me, Galway backs were badly exposed for pace against us and they'll get even more of it against tipp.

Hope the dubs put up a fight against Clare, but it would be a crazy upset. Think we'll be speaking for leinster alone in the semi.

I just think they are like Mayo in football.... they surprise when least expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Butterbeans

• Registered Users Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

🫣🫣🫣🫣🫣

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭mullinr2

Clare's direct running will cause Kilkenny alot of problems and we know we don't like teams running down the middle against us. Adrian Mullens off the ball work will be greatly needed against Clare. Hopefully he can make it. Also Carey would be good against Clare but its highly unlikely he'll make it. If we start with Conor Fogarty in midfield we will be in trouble.

Clare will also have a point to prove after last year.

As Oddball said in Kelly’s heroes “less of the negative vibes man”

Kilkenny will also have a point to prove in that we never got credit for beating Clare last year. Can't imagine Clare being allowed run through the defence like they did against Dublin today. Awful defending.

Galway deemed average before today, what does it say for Tipp?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭briancoolcat

It happens most years one or both of the Leinster finalists end up in the semis, but ya got to remember Munster is so tough to get out of the excuses will be flying tonight.

Give me a break Galway should have won that by ten points pulling up. Got a bit shaky in the second half but by far the better hurling team.

I'm sick to the back teeth listening to the pundits bigging up the Munster teams and straight after the match both Jacob and Cummins couldn't see anything other than a Clare Limerick final😁

Will they ever learn??

• Advertisement

Agree entirely. Hopefully it will be a Kilkenny v Galway final.

Advertisement