Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭bromley52

Did you already have an Irish account with your credit card linked to it? If I remember correctly you then need to cancel the Irish sub and then sub to Turkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Frostybear

I didn't no, this is a brand new account, never used these cards or this email address with Netflix before.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭_John C

You need to subscribe in Ireland first with your credit card details. Cancel your subscription before your first month is up. Leave your credit card details on the account. Once your sub is cancelled and NOT working any more then sign into netflix via a vpn. Resubscribe on the Turkish site using your vouchers. Once your vouchers have run out, netflix will begin to take payment from the credit card that you originally signed up with and paid with.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,765 ✭✭✭ablelocks

buyer beware with G2A (who i had previously used for both Netflix and Xbox with no issue)

i bought 2 codes that wouldn't redeem. When i asked Netflix to check, they said both were already redeemed.

Now I'm in a "process" of continous delay with G2A who seem to be trying everything they can not to refund me. I've had to provide screenshots of the original order, which obviously they have, screenshots of the chat with Netflix, and now they want me to file an official fraud report to the police that must include a stamp or some form of official receipt acknowledgement - but they don't say whether that should be Irish or Turkish police. I'm tempted to make up my own from the Gardai and submit that, if nothing more than to see what happens...

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭bleuhh

Worked for me but only for using Bulgaria.

Got it for EUR10 per month instead of EUR20.99

• Set up Irish Netflix account
    • Cancel it and wait the 30 days or however long for it to be deactivated
    • Download Hola VPN as a Safari app
    • Change location to Bulgaria
    • Go to Netflix and sign in, should be the Bulgarian site
    • Select membership option (I picked most expensive one being EUR10
    • Added card details (Revolut ones were already there)
    • No need to add a phone number to activate
    • Done

Not as big a saving as India or Turkey but neither would work for me I used the 'Temp Number' app and the text came through to the Turkish phone number but then when I put it in, Netflix gave an error.

Happy with the tenner saving anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,326 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

I didn’t need to add a Turkish mobile number, you can skip that part

€10 is too much for Netflix imo

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭bleuhh

I split it between 4 family members so still OK - but how how did you skip the Turkish mobile number?

Select to add it later or not now - it’s been a while since I moved to Turkey

• Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

maybe they have changed it but people said the same when i signed up to turkey too and i am sure i added to number on my irish account and didn't need to do so when i joined again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

I think adding the number is a bit hit and miss...

My Irish number is there but if I try to add a new payment card, I must use a turk number

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

I think it may be looking for a Turkish payment method / address. You need the payment card details and backup card details on the account when it’s an Irish sub before you move to Turkey. Same seems to apply for a phone number. Seems to me like all the details have to be in place before you move abroad

As for the phone numbers, I’d imagine many people have used the same numbers and they’re blacklisted. A paid for service would be the best chance of a Turkish number but, it’s another method for Netflix to stop you signing up from a different country

I was only adding a backup payment method, already have 2 on my account up to 2027 so only playing a game. Didn't bother trying to sort a number.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭boardz

Stuck on the phone number verification

Had original account which is cancelled and no longer working.

Using Keepsolid VPN and on signing into Netflix shows the Turkish plans.

Bought a voucher with Turgame but message saying unable to process on Netflix

Tried 2 credit cards and keeps bringing me to the phone verification. Tried restarting, Incognito, Cognito but no joy. What am I missing? Any help appreciated.

"Had original account which is cancelled and no longer working."

Did you leave your payment card details on the account?

"Bought a voucher with Turgame but message saying unable to process on Netflix"

Must be an issue with the voucher, contact Turgame.

Thanks yep left all the both card details on the account. I've raised a support request with Turgame. Could that be the cause if the voucher doesn't work then it looks for the phone verification?

I'd say so. My cards weren't accepted at first, but once the voucher ran out they automatically started taking payment from the card.

You've got to sort out your voucher problem first. Then hopefully they will accept your card thats already on your account once the voucher runs out

• Registered Users Posts: 2 obscure7

Hello guys,

i've a idea but idk if it is good or not.

If i buy a netflix subscription with turkish card and I don't log in to the site for 30 days, do you think on renewal I will be able to use it in my country?

probably netflix clean all ip on the account after 30days, and the first login register a new ip and country.

let me know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭con747

I'm confused by that, the idea of the thread is to sign up in a cheap country but be able to use it in your own country. Or am I missing something about your post?

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 obscure7

Yes exactly, the idea is to sign up in a cheap country as Turkey or other. But when you insert a Turkey Credit Card, automatically your profile became turkish with a geoblock. Probably, after 30 days the geoblock expire

have you read the opening post ? I helped compile that ages ago and you seem confused

nobody here is using a Turkish credit card and Netflix hasn’t been geo blocking anyone, where ever you set up your account you can watch it anywhere at the moment

Omega, I think they brought in the geolock for first month of a sub and it gets released after that. It wasn't the case when we subbed many years ago

Oh that’s a new one on me, decent vpn would solve the geo lock surely

Gave up on Turkey couldn't get past the phone verification and signed from Bulgaria for 5 euro/month. Very straightforward as per Bleuhh post working fine but noticed some titles (2 out of 15 I tried so far) won't play. Will see how we get on for the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭rodders999

Followed all the steps outlined in the thread and am now enjoying Netflix from my new Turkish abode.

Paid the first month with a voucher from Turgame, my AIB credit card is also showing on my account so fingers cross it switches to that as the payment method in month 2, if so I’m on the pigs back.

Thanks to all for the helpful advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 xPrePF7z4jLy7M

Is the process in the top post still current, or are there other things I should be aware of?

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Stewball

I've had a Turkish account for close to two years now with no problems. I'm thinking of changing plans now, so do I need to do it using a VPN or can I just do it normally.

I don't want to rock the boat.

• Advertisement

I'd throw on VPN just in case but assume it'll either allow you or not.

Advertisement