Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ebay

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 369 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭System

This discussion was created from comments split from: New Import Duty/VAT Thread. Read Post #1 for Rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

Has anyone had issues lately trying to list items up on the eBay app? No matter what I try its only allowing me to list items for "Local collection" only.

When I go to the delivery/shipping section it has "local collection" selected and when I un-select it, it reselects that and won't allow me to choose "Post domestically" I've tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling and cleared the cache, still same issue. Never had an issue like this until 2 weeks ago this started. Anyone else??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭dalyboy

I’m not having issues with postage in particular however I’m just using eBay’s incredibly poor UI desktop version.

Im finding it beyond useless for listing. You have to submit such an unreal amount of guff about the product your listing and if you don’t fill it ALL out the item remains in some kind of limbo state rendering it invisible to viewers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

sorry if it has been answered before - if i buy a used speaker from a ebay seller in UK for 400 pounds, who will charge me the import duty? is it the courier company?

also speakers are exempt from import duty as per my reading. so will i get an exemption from irish authorities on arrival?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

It depends on what the terms of sale are with the seller. You would need to look up the TARIC to see what the situation with duty is for speakers. You will have 23% VAT as well as clearance charges unless the seller is taking the charge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭ctbfashion

Hi All,

just looking for some feedback on the ebay postage labels do people find it a good service? i cant seem to find a price for sending goods to the UK which is where i send most of my items?

any info is appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Is it possible to still claim a refund from an ebay seller after the ninety day money back guarantee period has elapsed? I returned a phone I ordered - as it was unsatisfactory - by tracked delivery to the sellers business address and delivery was marked as completed. However, they have denied ever receiving the item and have ignored my numerous messages requesting a refund. The amount involved is €206.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Does it seem like most Irish sellers have switched to Adverts? Granted I haven't used Ebay much in the last few years but searching for a few items and they're not on Ebay (in Ireland) but are on Adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

If you don't receive satisfaction from Ebay/PayPal, contact your bank.

Thanks. I tried to email customer support but the item number they ask you to provide was not valid because the listing had ended. My bank says, yes, a charge back might be possible on a payment that has been processed. I have yet to contact Paypal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 marie2000

Does anyone know if there is a reason why certain categories of items are not being sold on eBay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭big_drive

Quick question someone might know answer. If I sell something on ebay and the buyer is based in UK what's story around shipping to UK? Is that buyer liable for some form of customs etc or must I pay something

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭AnRothar

You are "exporting" the item from the European Union to the UK.

You will need to complete a customs declaration to attach to the item.

Your courier or AnPost should be able to help.

You do not have to pay customs charges but the buyer may be liable as they are "importing" the item.

Lots of comments from people here who have fallen foul of the rules when the seller in the UK (and elsewhere) fails to complete the relevant form.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Mr321

Its an absolute pain in the backend.

The person in the post office fills it out but asks you your information etc

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭eirman

I can no longer bid on Ebay UK using my AddressPal mainland UK address.

It's an Irish account with a UK delivery address but the system keeps saying - No delivery to Ireland.

Is this just me or is it a general problem.

(I did have a successful Ebay delivery to a Collect+ location in Newry a few weeks ago)

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭eirman

The bidding issue with ebayUK is resolved

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

I can't seem to set a Reserve Price lower than 70 for a listing. It's not started yet, but I cannot save it with anything less than 70! All Ebay FAQs and info I found online just says WHAT the Reserve Price is. It doesn't say that Ebay enforces a minimum that you can set it to. I know it doesn't make sense for cheap items, but I'm trying to list something that I'd like to set a reserve for for 40 or 50 Euro, not 70. I saw another old post on Boards about this issue (but their listing was already in progress), so it seems like I'm not the only one with this problem.

Any ideas if Reserve is 70 minimum as standard, or if it's a percentage of the Buy It Now price/multiple of the starting bid?

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭HorseSea

How can I find details of something I purchased on eBay three years ago?

Early 2020 or possibly late 2019 I bought and paid for something on eBay, as I was travelling near the seller within a few months I planned to collect it, they agreed to keep it for me. (the listing was collection only and it was a very heavy item anyway). Lock-down came and I never travelled. I exchanged a couple of messages or emails (I don't recall which) with the seller and they were happy to hold the item as long as I needed.

Now I am planning to travel in a couple of weeks and I can't find the sale on eBay seems their records only go back 2 years, the same with PayPal and I can't find any email. I use gmail.com address and have tried advanced search etc and can't find anything.

Any suggestions?

TIA

Go to activity.

On the bottom you can select dates.

I can go back to Feb 2019 if that helps.

• Advertisement

I bought an item on ebay uk the other week which now had to be returned. The seller is baying the returns fee but has sent me Royal Mail tracked label link print out thing to put on it and that means it needs UK or Northern Address just for its returns if it gets lost.

The whole things turning into a hassle. Would it work if I posted it up north with a Southern address or put N/A on the returns or what's my options?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭skinny90

Has anyone noticed it seems that import duties from the uK is no longer required ?

all items from the UK don’t have the import duty calculation.

does that mean il be able to avoid customs?

looking at purchasing golf clubs if so

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

First one I look at from the UK calculates VAT etc. There is no change to the requirement for VAT/Duty from the UK so some sellers have probably just removed the option of taking care of the payments in advance and let it go for clearance on arrival.

Mod; I have deleted your other post about the same thing from the VAT/Duty thread.

I messeged the Seller telling them that I would be sending it back via An Post and could they arrange a prepaid label for me and a link to An Post.

Their reply was it was all to much hassle and they just gave me a refund. 🤷‍♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 28,379 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Does chat with ebay still exist? I cannot find it.

I am trying to contact ebay or my seller for a recent item that I have not received yet. I rarely buy from ebay so I am not familiar with processes. I ordered on 10th April. Seller acknowledged my order and said it had been dispatched on 11th April. They give themselves till 11th May for delivery, but since it has (supposedly) been dispatched it should be here by now.

I got an error message on trying to contact the seller, cleared cookies and got their ebay page but an 'oops something has gone wrong'.

I have tried to contact ebay but the first instruction is to go to the orders page, the orders page says I have no orders. Is there any other way of contacting them?

Any suggestions please?

Edit, finally got onto seller contact page and sent a message. I would still be interested to know if chat still exists, or what the story might be with 'my orders' showing no orders? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Electric Gypsy

Does anybody know the way around buying an item if the seller doesn't ship to your country? I assume it involves some extra inconvenience for them and that you'd be able to talk them into it if you paid more or something. Or else there must be some sort of service whereby you can ship to another address that would be willing to ship to you.

Thank you?

The biggest problems will be in connection to customs forms.

They must be capable of been read electronically or else they will be returned.

If the sender doesn't ship to your location often enough they may have no current experience in completing the relevant forms.

Hence it's easier to say no.

If you think you can pay more to make it worth their while then contact them to try come to an arrangement.

Be willing to the possibly of having to suck it up if the package gets refused.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

I usually just ask them to amend the listing to include Ireland - normally works. Having a 100% feedback as a buyer and seller since 2002 obviously helps my case. If the postage charge turns out to be higher than they've charged you then just send them the difference via paypal.

Are smartphones regarded as prohibited items by both An Post and the Royal Mail and are there any restrictions imposed by major courier companies when sending such items to Britain ?

• Advertisement

Advertisement