Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st choice 4wd tractor for bog work...

Options
  • 01-04-2013 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭

As above what tractor is best suited for bog work .....twin wheels back & front......spares, durable economical (young rough driver resistant) .........

I see a lot go for the fiats

cheers............

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Will you be pulling a trailer or transport box , is it putting out turf or other type work ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭crackcrack30

Mostly trailer work by a far....(not hopper) but may ask it do whats required......an all rounder for the bog....bit of road work in the off season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

A couple of lads around here are using Same's too I think they have ground drive for the trailer . They seem to travel well and arent too dear for 4wd either . I suppose it all depends on what your budget is aswell

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭f140

since im not from boggy land i dont know what you need. Is it a tractor that will grip well thats light or a heavy tractor or what. and what kind of hp.

Anyway i have a a fiat f140 and 110-90. The 110-90 will dig into the ground until its bogged if it was stuck. the f140 will just spin its wheels on top but would dig in great. thats in normaly dry land if its wetish if you know what i mean

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭crackcrack30

10-15K .... i'm thinking of something that is light but are a proven workhorse in the bog and will get 7x 11 bog trailers around given the worst summer weatherwise like last year.
    .....the last thing i want is to be sinking but of course i'll be staying out of the drains....

Is there value up north? .....are u giving the thumbs up for the f140

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Figerty

10-15K .... i'm thinking of something that is light but are a proven workhorse in the bog and will get 7x 11 bog trailers around given the worst summer weatherwise like last year.
    .....the last thing i want is to be sinking but of course i'll be staying out of the drains....

Is there value up north? .....are u giving the thumbs up for the f140

If this year is like last year it's a hovercraft you will need.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭granpa

a turf wheel barrow will be of more use on the bog than any tractor small or big and they dont get bogged

youll spend more time digging the tractor out, instead of working the turf on the bog.

for a week of hard work with the barrow youll have your turf out, all the eatra money spent on double wheels ect is awaste of time

for someone who has worked the bog for a looong time , the tractor is only really needed to pull the turf home

if you dont want to work on the bog buy oil or coal

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭RockOrBog

What about Neddy, the hairy engine

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Granpa this thread is 10 years old, but I will let it run for now. In future though start a new thread instead of resurrecting a dead one. Thanks.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

• Advertisement
Advertisement