Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

YouTube Premium thread SEE OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭bromley52

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭ciaran75

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to sign up for family using getflix vpn and turkey and revolut visa

I am seeing the correct value in turkish lira but when i attempt to buy family, i enter name, revolut card but when i start typing a fake address it just shows Turkey for address , i can't edit it after and i get below error after i verify payment in Revolut app. I've tried with VPN on / off for payment but fails

Transaction declined. This purchase requires a payment method from your billing country. [OR-REH-05]

Any ideas?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I am getting the same error. The purchase require payment method from your country.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Visa won't work, have you got a virtual master card with Revolut? Not the disposable card.

Yes, I tried Revolut Mastercard (physical card) and it didn't work.

I had to use my Indian contacts, use their Indian bank card 😀 and got YouTube Indian family for €2.1 a month. YouTube Irish family costs €18 a month.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Nice one. My individual Argentinian plan through Revolut master card is still tipping along nicely, €1.49 this month☺️

If i recall right, I think indian individual YouTube plan is also €1.5 a month. But I have 3 family members and decided to make their Sunday by paying an additional 70 cents a month 🫠😄

Only caveat here is you need a bank card of Indian origin. But glad Argentinian worked for others.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,216 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Try it using bluestack or other virtualization or on your mobile directly.

That usually works while web etc. fail, see my post YouTube Premium thread SEE OP - Page 51 — boards.ie - Now Ye're Talkin'

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭geminiman63

My family Argentinian plan through Revolut Mastercard is also tipping along nicely, €2.76 last month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

I think the Turkish sub was giving me problems, maybe was asking for a different payment method but I can’t remember, I’m paying less than €2.50 for the Argentina family sub

• Advertisement

Is Bluestack a VPN service? I can't seem to find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭con747

thanks guys for help,

I don't really get why u need bluestacks, when i google it says its an android emulator to play android games on PC

so you install bluestacks on your laptop, turn on your VPN (i'm using getflix) and set to say turkey, use revolut virtual mastercard (just got one)

do i need to update the country in google pay or similar?

can i confirm that the VPN needs to remain on until after the payment has been made?

You don't need bluestacks, if you are lucky it works on your phone/pc without a problem.

But if you fail consistently and you get the "Transaction declined. This purchase requires a payment method from your billing country. [OR-REH-05]" consistently, then you can try to use bluestacks or some other virtualization which basically emulates a new phone on your PC.

• You download bluestacks.
    • You start bluestacks, it creates a new virtual phone.
    • You log into your google account.
    • You download you preferred VPN from the play store within that virtual phone (urban vpn is free and usually works).
    • You start your preferred VPN on that virtual phone (not your PC)
    • You download YouTube within that virtual phone.
    • You visit the "subscription" page within Youtube on that virtual phone.
    • You buy yourself a year (or monthly) YouTube premium within that virtual phone.
    • You validate that the subscription is active.
    • You terminate the VPN on the virtual phone.
    • You log out of your google account on the virtual phone.
    • Once you have done that you close the virtual phone.
    • You un-install bluestacks hence trashing the virtual phone.
    • You visit your google account on your PC/real phone and remove the virtual phone so that it does not show in future when you try to install software via the web interface.

Again, there is no need to use it, but if you want to have a way that usually works than this is one way to do it, it's a little bit work intensive (and don't forget to remove the virtual phone from your google account) but it's a way to get a cheap subscription, it also works fine for the other cheaper Turkey/India/Argentina subscriptions via the play store.

super, thanks for this,

my laptop is dead at the moment, i'll try this at weekend when should have access again

• Registered Users Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭Raoul

"But if you fail consistently and you get the "Transaction declined. This purchase requires a payment method from your billing country. [OR-REH-05]" consistently, then you can try to use bluestacks or some other virtualization which basically emulates a new phone on your PC."

Can't get passed this at all now. Used to be relatively straightforward. I have tried Bluestacks, revolut visa, virtual mastercard and disposable mastercard trying to pay monthly for Argentina or yearly for India

• Registered Users Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭Raoul

Also, I tried UrbanVPN free for the first time as getflix wouldn't work for me and PIA didn't work. It may be a coincidence but I just had to cancel one of my revolut cards as it was used in Luxemburg to buy something on Amazon.

Than your only option might be to try it with a NEW account set up as Turkey in the first place and go through the pain to use that only for youtube and resubscribe to everything.

Hopefully that is unrelated, I did use UrbanVPN and my card is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭ExcaliburRisen

Have been trying for a few days now to renew my annual Turkey subscription for another 12 months with no success. Tried on both laptop and mobile using VPN Unlimited. I had added a Turkey address to my Google account plus Revolut Visa payment method in advance but kept getting the OR-REH-05 message. Tried multiple browsers, including ingognito modes.

I decided to give it one more try on my mobile, turned off Location services on phone (not sure if this step was necessary), opened my VPN and connected to Turkey and rather than going to Youtube.com in a browser I opened the Youtube app (not sure why I didn't do this originally). Anyway, success, my annual membership renewal went through no problem.

299.99 TRY (€10.51) for another 12 months 😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭baldshin

For those asking, I used the free version of HolaUnblocker on a Chromebook. Using an incognito window I signed in to my normal YouTube account using the Turkish VPN, then simply went to subscriptions and paid for another year using my regular N26 card. Had unsuccessfully tried multiple times using other VPNs and Revolut regular/virtual cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,717 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Out of curiosity, why did you have to renew? I pay monthly and it just keeps coming out, I don't need to think about it.

It seems the annual option doesn't auto-renew each year unlike the monthly subscription option.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,480 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Having no joy at all. Using Windscribe on my phone, location off and every time im hitting "buy" im getting an error. I tried with Turkey, Argentina and India, and also tried with multiple different accounts and cards. Just getting a random error each time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,717 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

You're probably right, considering it's really only saving a total of about €2 over the 12 months by paying annually instead of monthly. 😐️

Annual also means that you paid for it and don't need to worry every month that some new payment rules kick you off the subscription (like the recent change to credit card rules in India by the Indian Government) or that google/youtube finally gets wise and like Apple demands that the credit card used is issued in the country you are subscribing (and they have started with that as the [OR-REH-05] shows on monthly subscriptions).

Sure, there will be effort in 12 months, but who knows what YouTube will do in 12 month anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,443 ✭✭✭Nollog

It also means you can use a little money-saving tip.

Google are very nice about you missing 3 days i think it is, you can get 3 days of free premium every time by not paying for a couple of days. That moves your subscription date giving you essentially free premium time, with not a huge amount of effort.

However if you're complaining about doing it once a year, its probably not worth it for you. I dont do it because im too lazy, but noticed it before while cautiously trying out Argentina for a little while a few years ago. I didnt want to activate automatic renewal in case i forgot about it or they figured out im not over there, as their laws were being talked about changing.

Anyway, a tip nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭StopWatch

Ugh.

I've tried bluestacks, various Vpns, but the cards are always getting rejected.

I can't go back to ads on YouTube, they have me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,704 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Advertisement