Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President Biden closes gun control speech in USA with 'God save the Queen'

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,509 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

All old people deteriorate, that's not the same as an alarmist argument that he needs to resign or be 25A'd over cognitive difficulties.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Ask not what the Queen can do for you but what you can do for the Queen.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,549 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

That clip?

Did you watch his 2023 speeches in Ireland in full? This was a succession of speeches and public events, in a short spell of days, after a Transatlantic trip. Where was the 'noticeable decline'?

Did you watch the gun control speech in full?

Or were they too long for you to sit through - yet not too long for this man in 'noticeable decline' to stand up and give?

Here's another speech, from this month, where a relaxed Biden talks about a movie screening. Biden comes on 9 minutes in, it runs to 15 minutes.

Trigger warning - he talks about diversity.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Darth Putin on Twitter...

It’s amazing how Biden is both a senile, dribbling old man AND also an evil mastermind that caused a mutiny in the Russian army.

I deserve more credit for doing this well surrounded by this level of idiocy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,425 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

It has been denied he masterminded the attempted coup.

Just like the real meaning of the Monica Lewinsky scandal was Hilary standing by her man.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,730 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

This issue has nothing to do with the actual actions of Hunter Biden, it's just tribalism.

The people defending the actions of Hunter Biden would be absolutely frothing at the mouth were they carried out by a son of Donald Trump and you'd see similar BS from the pro Trump side that we're seeing currently from the pro Biden side.

Objectivity be damned, we have to defend our guy at all costs.

Glazers Out!

Do you realise what thread you are on?

There's a whole CA thread for Hunter Biden.

Now ask yourself why it was posted here.

There is a tribalism hatchet job going on, amazing you didn't notice it with your 'objectivity' and all?

Any pretence of the original line of attack is now jettisoned - it's just slinging whatever mud and dirt can be found at Biden. It demonstrates the absolute partisan basis and insincerity of the earlier attacks - clue, they sling mud at Biden and offer no unprompted criticism of Trump.

°°°°°

I was replying to something that directly referenced that topic.

If you think I shouldn't be commenting report the post.

Your tone is astonishing tbh.

This is what's wrong with this site nowadays. How do you expect to have a respectful debate or discussion when you engage somebody in that manner?

You should be ashamed of yourself pal.

Glazers Out!

"absolutely frothing at the mouth"

"similar BS"

Sure, that's a respectful debating tone.

°°°°°

The whole point of the post was that both sides would act the same ways were the roles reversed in that situation.

All you saw was your side being disrespected and you had a little hissy fit.

The absolute neck on you to ask if I realise what thread I'm on.

Like I said, if you think I'm trolling or wildly off topic report the post.

You've waded in here having a pop at me without taking the time to digest what I was saying properly.

The appropriate response would be for you to apologise for misrepresenting me, I'm guessing I'd be waiting a long time for that to happen though.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Run Forest Run

In light of what we're currently witnessing with old uncle Joe, I do find it quite amusing that back in the day there were similar question marks around Ronald Reagan. His age and mental capacity... etc.

Reagan would have wiped the floor with Biden in terms of cognitive ability and sharpness. No contest.

And yet, we have people who will quite happily turn a blind eye to Biden and his very obvious mental deficiencies. In many respects, it's like western society is regressing. We're reverting back to some sort of archaic dumbed down tribalism.

Where were these 'very obvious mental deficiencies' during his recent trip to Ireland???

No blind eye needs to be turned, because no one has presented any real evidence on thread showing 'very obvious mental deficiencies'. Just the sort of verbal gaffes Biden has been making for decades, while ignoring entire speeches where he comes across as relaxed and articulate.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭hometruths

Do you believe Vice President Biden in 2009 would have stood with his hand on his heart for 15 seconds of the Indian national anthem before he realised it was not the US anthem?

I think that would be an easy mistake to make for any Vice President.

As I already commented on the thread, I've turned on sports events and the bands have absolutely murdered the anthems and it's taken a while before I realised whose was being played.

Singer loses track of words to OWN national anthem

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-11367503/Eric-Burton-sings-WRONG-words-National-Anthem-Game-One-World-Series.html

God Save The Queen? Or is it King? Am I confused or in cognitive decline???

Mason Mount and Luke Shaw temporarily forgot the correct words for England's National Anthem ahead of Gareth Southgate's side's World Cup opener against Iran on Monday. It was an easy mistake for the two stars to make as Mount and Shaw sang the old lyrics that were heard before the tragic passing of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II earlier this year.

https://www.football.london/international-football/mount-shaw-national-anthem-england-25568

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,617 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

His predecessor planned and instigated a Nazi-style insurrection. He also told people to inject bleach. Funny how this gets ignored in the cognitive decline narrative.

Biden is fine. I think that's what upsets the MAGA people so much. Their hero barely knows his own name so they project the same onto the other side.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

And almost the same set of posters here peddling 'faux concern' about Biden's 'cognitive decline' have nary a word of unprompted criticism for Trump. Nary a word of unprompted 'concern' about Trump's gaffes or stumbles or age or health issues.

For rather obvious partisan reasons.

Trump opens his mouth and further incriminates himself, or defames the woman he sexually assaulted. But that's not evidence of anything. The same posters... nothing to see here. See no evil, hear no evil - literally, when comes to Trump's crimes.

Biden makes verbal trip-ups of absolutely zero consequence and they are all over it.

Tellingly they all feign ignorance of Biden's speeches and public appearances in Ireland. Seem incapable of watching an entire Biden speech as it might disabuse them of their pretence.

Blatant mud slinging, nothing more, nothing less.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

Or get led around rooms like a dog on a leash because he doesn't have the cognitive ability to remember simple instructions.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,617 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

All true but I think there's a little bit more to it than this.

They've ultimately outsourced their definition of what constitutes reality to a series of right wing grifters like Trump, Peterson & Rogan. When someone criticises one of these figures, it's taken as an attack of the most dangerous kind because it undermines this new mental framework of what constitutes reality so we get these hysterical over-reactions characterised by abuse, censorship, double-standards and whatabouteries.

All you can really ask from someone is sincerity and there's not an ounce from the MAGA brigade. All they are about is owning the libs. That's it. The rest of us live in the real world and have concerns about things like climate change, inequality and housing. If the same people were writing the same cognitive decline stuff in 2020 about Trump, I'd give them a fair hearing but they weren't. Some of them were still going on about Hilary Clinton's emails FFS.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 12,602 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

At it again I see! Doubling down on the "Trump is a Nazi" view seriously pick up a history book and learn what the Nazis were all about.

Biden is to old and needs to go

• Advertisement

Did you watch Biden in Ireland?

Did you watch the recent video I posted of Biden introducing a movie at the White House?

Well?

Where were the signs he had such limited cognitive ability?

Your comments are utterly offensive disgusting remarks that bear no relation to reality. The reason why it was important guide him to specific point was explained.

But that is typical of the attacks on Biden. Ignore the evidence. Dont engage. Keep repeating the smear. Rinse and repeat.

°°°°°

An odd observation from somebody who struggles to recognise when somebody is critical of Biden AND Trump and instead lunges in with both feet to attack a post they didn't stop to read properly.

Get you're own house in order before you start criticising others.

Glazers Out!

Do you think Trump in 2009 would need to write a note to himself, twice, that "I want nothing"

If you think any of this, particularly two footballers singing God save the Queen rather than God save the King, a couple of months after the Queen died, is the same sort of "easy mistake to make" as a sitting US President taking 15 seconds to realise the Indian national anthem is not the US national anthem, then it is a little wonder you see no evidence of a cognitive decline in Biden.

What post was the user attacking? They weren't attacking Ancap? Did you read their post correctly? House inspection!

I've no idea what the photo is of or when it's from. Notes to a speech from Trump's presidency I guess.

But to answer your question, yes, if he needed to write those notes at some stage in his presidency 2016 - 2020 I imagine he would also needed to have done so in 2009.

No idea what your point is though.

°°°°°

Earlier in this thread they completely misrepresented the meaning of a post I made.

They leapt in and replied in a wholly uncvivl manner making accusations with no basis.

They should have read what I posted and taken time to understand it but decided to start an argument instead.

Glazers Out!

I've no idea what the photo is of or when it's from

Well then that severely discredits the weight of your opinions in this thread about presidents and cognitive issues (IMHO, Biden voter, SC). Whereas the vast majority of politicos who follow US politics would know exactly where this image was from, what it was about.

But yes in someone's opinion who has indicated remarkably low working knowledge (with all due respect) of US politics the President of the United States has lost his marbles, 'kay.

If this thread goes on long enough there may be a future point in time where Biden goes Jack Hannah but we're just nowhere at that point yet lads, even if we look at all the supposed evidence very favorably toward such a bias.

• Advertisement

Did you watch Bidens speeches and appearances in Ireland?

Where was this evidence then?

That was only a few months ago.

Did you watch the video I linked?

Where was the evidence then?

I see little evidence because there is none.

Just a hatchet job of cherry picked moments from the most scrutinised recorded person in the world.

If someone thinks an 80 year old of either party is too old thats their opinion. Fair enough. But picking out 5 seconds and refusing to watch a 6 minute speech... an obvious hatchet job. Those posting repeatedly on Bidens age and gaffes while saying nothing unprompted about Trumps age and gaffes... an obvious partisan hatchet job.

God save America and the world from MAGA Republicans and their lies.

Advertisement