Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

online dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭PoisonIvyBelle

I saw a Tinder match in the wild this eve.. I think he was on a date 😂

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭YellowLead

So the singles hike was really nice.

Majority of people were just regular people like myself, and really nice. There were a few guys who looked like they hadn’t left their Xbox controller down and left their bedroom in 20 years - but majority totally normal.

There was only one guy I fancied but I think he liked me too, so I’ll look out for him at the next one 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭Pwindedd

Well that’s encouraging that you’re prepared to go on another one at least. I think a shared activity is a much nicer way to meet people. Way less pressure.

What was the pace like ? I love a bit of a long walk from time to time but I’m definitely more of a rambler than a hiker.

There was about 25 or so, not a bad drop off to the 30 expected given the rain was torrential. Came from all over Ireland not just Dublin - Waterford, Dundalk, Monaghan, Meath. It was the one woman but she had friends helping, think they all work together.

Yes there is a date for the next one in a months time it’s already sold out for women, but the organiser said she’d open up more spaces for those that were there today.

Lol of course I was talking to the guy I fancied otherwise I wouldn’t have known if I liked him and vice versa.

The pace was slow enough. Because it was torrential we had coffee first and then the hike was maybe an hour after that. The organiser said she’d put a photo instagram and we could all connect to each other then, not great for those of us that don’t have it 😅 But she said she’d organise other things as well.

People are definitely crying out for it, given how quickly it sold out both times.

Age group was majority 40s. Few late 30s, few early 50s.

• Advertisement

I’m not on instagram so that won’t work for me. But I don’t care sure I’ll just look out for him at the next one.

Why don’t you organise one Breezy?

I personally wouldn’t because it’s a lot of admin plus you have to talk to everyone and make sure they’re all having a good time, but you mightn’t mind that?

I think they said they might do one in Kerry because they will be down there for some fitness thing - it’s a fitness company she runs.

There’s appetite out there alright, and not a bad money spinner for the effort 30 x 15 so 450. I assume fees have to be paid to event brite so I don’t know the actual profit - but for her it’s all marketing for the fitness offering

Yep, if you’re going to be chatting you don’t want to be racing along. It’s intended to be suitable for all levels :)

If ever there was a good reason to join Instagram I'd say this is it.😂 GET IN

Just worked out a great deal for myself for a wee NYC trip in Sept, might have to stick on travel mode and see if I can snag a Tinder tour guide...😎

• Advertisement

Oh dear god, this is not the weather for clumsy wimmens like myself. Had to cover a rake of bruises on my legs with concealer earlier and forgot to take it off and now it's rubbed off on the sofa. 😫 I don't know how people who wear fake tan cope at all.

I don’t think it’s required. That’s not to say she doesn’t have it, but it doesn’t seem to be necessary from a quick google I can see hiking clubs saying they don’t have it and it’s up to individuals to get their own.

Happy for Gary to correct me though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,338 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

He was a lot younger than me and we wanted different things, wasn't really an issue until it became an issue, if that makes sense. He would talk about kids in his future like it was a guarantee and I realised he wasn't thinking it through, so I had to bring it up as we were looking at moving in together. That conversation was the start of the end because I'm very on the fence about kids/ not bothered if I never had any, and I didn't feel we were in a position at that point to consider it, nor was he ready, but I had to explain that it might not ever happen if we stayed together. He initially said he didn't care and if it happened it happened, etc. But we talked again after a few days and I said he had to be sure because he really couldn't turn around in 5 years and say he wanted 2-3 kids, or even one, cause I'd be over 40 at that point. It was a tough one, because I could have stayed in it and said nothing and moved in together and all that, but I'm not the type to stay in something for the sake of it and I knew it was just going to cause more hurt down the line.

There were a few other things, but that was the ultimate deciding factor. Aside from that, it was the healthiest relationship I've ever had and definitely set the bar for any others including the one after. I wish I'd had a relationship like that a lot earlier TBH, but I think I just wasn't ready for it. We're still friends now and all is well. Had a few months of minimal chat and not seeing each other after the break up to give ourselves a chance to move on, but we chat away now and meet up and it's grand. I'd say was well as being the healthiest relationship it was probably also the easiest break up because it was so clear cut. His Mam sent me a lovely message after it which was nice because I had a great relationship with his family, more so than I've ever had with a BFs fam as I'm not really used to the normal family dynamic so sometimes things that seem normal to other people are unfamiliar to me.

What about yourself, what would have been your longest relationship & how did that end?

• Hit my funny bone in my knee off the door frame - I can now verify your knee has funny bone and it's not funny.
    • Whacked my shin on the side of the bed.
    • Dunno where the other 4 came from.

1 & 2 are connected cause there's like no space between the bottom of my bed and the door to the ensuite, like you can just about fit in between, so I'm forever banging something off something.

Yeah they don't need it to run something like that, but you did you say she's using it to promote her fitness thing? If she's a personal trainer she'd have insurance already anyway.

not really thread applicable moved elsewhere!

Post edited by PoisonIvyBelle on

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gary550

*replying to breezy’s insurance questions, not belle’s problem of bruising every time she looks at a piece of furniture* 😂

How long is a piece of string? 😂

Honestly no idea and it depends on the situation in most cases, if I recall correctly I was talking to someone recently and they got day coverage for a small event for €200 or something like that.

An organisation I’m a member of pay €2k plus per year for public liability only which includes no building coverage.

I’ve only to cover office and vehicles but I’m near sure there’s some coverage in both of them for public liability depending on the situation

I’d be tempted to say most of the smaller group operators probably don’t have insurance…. (Or at least the correct coverage). When you’re dealing with people/groups/hazards insurance can be a worst nightmare.

Now ladies I know all this insurance talk must make you ravenous but please one at a time 😂😂😂

Post edited by gary550 on

I don’t think you meant to quote my bruises 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gary550

I absolutely didn’t 😂

edited that post to clarify, boards is realllly bad on mobile!

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭RubyGlee

Opinions needed. I know I’m not the most child friendly of people but would anyone else find it really off putting if a potential date suggested bringing there small child with them? Is it not weird to bring your kids on first dates?

It's a bit weird. Are they a single parent and is it a baby or a more grown toddler? If it's a baby who won't be aware of you/asking about you then I guess it's ok if they're a single parent. That's the only way I'd be in any way cool with it. Otherwise I'd wonder how the Mom feels about him bringing her kid out on dates. I dated a single dad before and met his kid on the 3rd date and even that felt very soon, but at that point couldn't be avoided as they lived in the same house obvs.

Instant pass. If they can’t get rid of the spawn for a short date then you already know that it will be center stage all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭Pwindedd

From their perspective I imagine they're looking for someone that's cool with kids and doesn't mind a rather unusual first date. If it's just coffee and a walk or something "daytime" then I don't see it as a big deal. They could wait until the 2nd or 3rd date, but like the rest of us, they don't have time to waste. I get it.

If you're not down with it then don't go. Or at least be honest with them about how you feel.

If it’s a tiny baby with no awareness then fine, but if you’re okay with that always being the way it’s likely to be. I wouldn’t go personally but each to their own if he’s amazing

Why doesn’t everyone go setting up their own business? It’s a lot of work.

• Advertisement

I’d be worried if anybody didn’t know this stuff already 😅

Advertisement