Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scratch Cups 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭big_drive

I've seen a couple of mistakes in scratch cups, usually junior & senior. The computer might list net result but then you need the gross scores for the winner. Then go back again to find best net outside of those in the gross positions.

They made a mistake and sent the voucher. Bit much to expect a green fee as well! For what reason? They corrected a mistake, why would anything extra be needed

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Froggyno111

For the reason a €80 voucher isn’t the prize for overall running up in a scratch cup where it was €60 to play and 151 played, that’s a prize for a open singles and also I told two of the committee members my score on the day, a few hours later they published the results I just don’t buy it, I took 2 weeks to send the voucher looks like to me the prizes had been dispatched and this was got and sent after, I understand mistakes happen but not when you’ve been told a score a few hours previous, it’s not the first time it’s happened in a club and won’t be the last

Still a few spaces left in Mount Juliet for Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭redhill

Belvoir Park Scratch Cup on Sun 16th July, one of NI’s top parklands designed by Harry Colt

prizes of £400, 250, 150, 100, 50 for top 5 gross scores

£150, 100 for top 2 nett scores

I thought it was a nett prize you got? That's not runner up. Scratch cup is gross scores. Nett would normally be after all gross placing has been decided. €80 for nett prize in a scratch cup is good in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭plumber77

Yes indeed, net prizes are the secondary prizes in a scratch cup. I would consider 80 euros quite decent plus 60 euro entry is great value for Tralee.

Post edited by plumber77 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭fearruanua

Loads of scratch cups on this weekend all over the country and the weather is promised is good. some great value to be found out there. some courses offering two rounds and a bite to eat for a very reasonable price. @scratchcups on twitter is worth a follow.

I'm off to Tralee on saturday morning. Can't fcekn wait. Especially with the weather looking good. I've had some very bad days down there weatherwise. Hopefully the rough isn't too high. I was there one year and the starter advised us that if you don't hit the fairway to hit a provisional. It was madness!!!! Not sure how long it took but it definitely between a 5/6 hour round.

Up at 4.30am but shure what harm. Here's hoping to miss the left bunker on the first. Took 9 last year!!! 😲😲

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Sausages14

Ya it seems like he thinks the Nett prize is the big one. Some clubs would only have one prize for nett score so doing well to get anything for runner up in that

These were the results that were published second time round with ‘overall runner up” my issue is the the way it was handled I just don’t think it was handled correctly, €60 was a bargain considering I’ve a tee for €225 paid there in Aug

Yes that is the Full Net Result, so not sure what your point is with that picture. Gross result is available there too.

Obviously a member of Tralee, I wont be filling the forum with any more about it as far as I’m concerned it was a bad attempt of a cover up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

You got €80 for Net runner up in an Intermediate Scratch Cup. I don't care what the entry fee was but that is a very acceptable prize to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Should see if LIV are running any scratch cups for ye

• Registered Users Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

I'm not a member of Tralee. The clue is in the competition name, SCRATCH. Nett prizes are normally token prizes in Scratch Cups.

Ya but that's the net result. Which isn't the result of the scratch cup which was the primary competition.

I've seen lads win Junior scratch cups but they may have only been 5th/6th if it was net scores.

The clue is in the name "scratch". As in everyone plays off scratch with the winner being best gross score.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Whitey_44

Anyone know if Ballybunion Scratch Cup is played on Cashen or Old Course?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

Junior Scratch is always on the Old

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Deporhostia

Only minor is on the Cashen

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭plumber77

Junior is Old course off the blue markers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Anyone a member or Baltray know whats going on with the junior scratch cup? Meant to be open to bookings today but still not able to get in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭fungie

Hate to break it to you but it's been open for a while and it's fully booked.

https://visitors.brsgolf.com/baltray#/open-competitions/120/teesheet

Yeah just rang,they released the times on Thursday for visitors instead of Saturday.

I’ve been checking it nearly on the hour all day yesterday and booked the day off work for it as well in the hopes of playing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Such a joke, on their advertising literally said 24th of June..

Yeah not really sure what happened, I only got the pro shop when I rang and they obviously don't control it so couldn't get any answers there.

Had no chance then. Missed it the last two years with work and a new baby so gutted to miss it again. No real chance of winning it but still

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭daithi7

Could anyone point me in the direction of a good list of intermediate scratch cups coming up around Cork & Munster say?

My game is beginning to rumble and I feel I might be able to win one on a good day..... :))

Edit:

I've found the list & criteria on BRS since. Thanks

Post edited by daithi7 on

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭zocklie

Look at "Scratchcups" on insta / twitter, very good at posting the upcoming fixtures for the week. Has a google sheet to in the links

Anybody know the handicap cut-off for the baltray junior scratch cup was? My handicap on 1st July was 6.5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭SEORG

Advertisement