Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,940 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

I'm in a very cranky humour today.

I think the gold rush is over though and the next generation are going to be paying off their parents hubris.

Oh, where are all the doctors, nurses, teachers ? Why does little Johnny not have a special needs teacher.

Answer: because the special needs teacher is on 35K a year and you are charging 2 grand rent per month Mary. So they can't afford to live here. But, here, look at the size of this children's hospital. One for everyone in the audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭Archeron

Muffins. I dont care if its chocolate chip, black forest, apple cinnamon or anything else, it will be a big dry pointless lump of horse bedding.

Feck off muffins.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I replace a lot of the flour in the recipes with potato starch, it does make a big difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

They only pretend to be interested in you so that they can squeeze as much information out of you as possible. Once you're of no benefit to them they drop the act and you see them for who they truly are.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

A certain Kerry political dynasty in that category too!

My TA for today: 'Parents' who allow several feral children to run riot around Lidl (Ballyvolane) playing football in the aisles. My trolley got in the way of one of the footballs and I got the evil eye from a four year old in grubby clothes! Should have gone to my local one which is mainly full of farmers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,295 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Ordered a double big mac but when I got home I opened the box and there was a normal big mac in it

Grrrr, more frustrating is that the box was a 'double big mac' branding

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭PoisonIvyBelle

Was pulling out of the car park and had a stand-off with some dickhead taxi driver who turned into the carpark as I pulled out of my space and wouldn't reverse back like 10meters to let me out. I waited thinking he was gonna move, but nope. Gestured nicely for him to move, and he gestured for me to move, I gestured there was no room (a lot of gesturing). I tried moving out of it but it was too tight for me to reverse back to where I was from the position I was in, and I was not going to risk hitting a car, so I beeped at him to just move. And still nope. So we're there looking at each other for a few min when this fella comes over and says to him "will you not just let her out" and some other stuff I couldn't hear, followed by yer man saying no from what I could make out, and then the fella pointing out my N's and that I'm a new driver (not sure this was exactly a compliment for me but we'll let it slide😅).

Then the fella gave up trying to talk to the taxi dude and I was like.. what do I do now. So I just turned off the car and started looking at my phone and rolled down the window and said "I can wait". Then he moves about 2 min later to let me out. Gave the guy and his GF a thank you wave when I drove off, but on the off chance they see this you're both legends. I'm actually not sure if this should be in this thread or the thing that make you happy one cause good people make me happy.💚

People are like ******* babies when they get behind the wheel of a car.

People who park on clearways or opposite exits so you can't actually see if the ****** road is clear when you are pulling out. They have room in their driveways but for some reason they are entitled to break the law and it's too inconvenient for them to use their driveways. Maybe it's because then the other car(s) they have in their driveway can't easily get out.

Irish Times incredible stories about Irish people who got on a plane, got a job and are living in another country. Incredible !!

You'd swear they went by famine ship or something. 😁 When in fact it was some simple Internet transactions and white privilege that made it easy.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

"Bloody Irish people stealing all those foreigners' jobs!" :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Dramatik

Bad quality audio and video on things like the news. Covid is over there's no reason these interviews should be still done using sh1tty laptop audio/video quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

RTE Scandal.

All the outrage and "dont pay your TV licence " posts so funny, people looking for excuses /forgiveness for not paying the licence fee.

a lot of other scandals in the country but when it comes to people paying money the outrage goes to another level

• Registered Users Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The fridge packed in.

Ok its years old but the hassle of getting a new one... getting it installed in the press....

I had a coke from it yesterday that was pure warm when it came out but thought maybe I miscalculated how long I'd left it in but nope. 😆

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Living with a sibling who is a slob and wouldn't see a mess if their life depended on it, also I have a massive blister on my big toe and I'm afraid it's gonna pop.

Post edited by Sephiroth_dude on

Ahhhh I got a mental image of that blister and now I can't eat my lunch.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

to be fair, one of us is suffering more and it's not me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

If you write a bad review some suppliers will contact you directly and ask for the review to be deleted or changed to a 5 star in exchange for a partial refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Scipri0

Irish people being told that they've a drinking problem by the same people who happily hand a pint of Guinness into the hands of people if they're famous enough.

This absolute goon of a bus driver on my route this morning who keep slamming on the brakes really hard, and also clipping the kerb with the bus wheels every time he makes a turn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,295 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Facebook post from the 2 Johnnies about there Cork show last weekend

"Thanks to the 15,000 heroes who togged out with us on Saturday for Pints In A Field in Cork. 

We left it off, the craic was had, memories for a lifetime, and the security team said ye were the soundest crowd they ever had. 

Let’s do it again soon!"

Jesus **** christ what a load of waffle

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

People not updating Linkedin profiles.

You see that ”John is celebrating 10 years at ABC Limited”

When in reality, John left that job in 2021 & now works somewhere else.

Sloppy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,149 ✭✭✭Be right back

Getting a scam bank message, saying my card is frozen just as I put diesel in my car. I know it's a scam but still stress about how I'll pay if it is!!

I got a text message yesterday from a strange 087 number asking "who's this?" Anyway I ignored it. Today I got a call from a similar number. A woman with an Indian accent said that she got a missed call from my number and asked who I was. I just said that I didn't ring her number and I hung up. Obviously it's another type of scam doing the rounds at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,268 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

A clerical issue in work happened to occur during my shift, that almost certainly isn't my fault, but because I am 'the new guy' I am more than likely going to get the blame for it (and possible censure). There is definitely someone more at fault than me, but I ain't no snitch. Will have a restless night thinking about it now.

When you've had a nice dinner and ... it's over ... and you're dumped back into reality again 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭mrslancaster

A few TA's today..

First aid plasters that don't stick. Tried lots of brands and they are all useless.

Someone did a bit of a tidy in the garden and has pulled up all the slips I've been minding and watering for weeks now - said they thought they were self-seeded weeds, grrrrr.

Hairdressers who can't measure. If I just want an inch / 2.5cms trim, I don't expect my hair to come out four inches/ nearly 12cms inches shorter than it was when I went in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Dribbled French dressing on my t-shirt yesterday, new t-shirt on today and dropped my annual egg mayonnaise sandwich on the shoulder part.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Post edited by Bredabe on

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I like the song Levitating by Dua Lipa

TA that everytime I try to play it google home hub comes up with a silly remix so cant hear the actual song anymore.

Any song that starts off with yo yo yo is immediately ended in this house.

• Advertisement

People in healthcare settings that are too thick to be doing their job.

Odd days, tablet 1 AM + tablet 2 PM.

Even days, tablet 1 AM + tablet 1 PM.

It's even written down. How hard can it be, FFS?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement