Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My recently Purchased Case 4230 hydraulic lever or arms won't go down much beyond half way?

Options
  • 11-06-2023 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Has anyone had this problem, last owner has adjusted out the linkage arms further to get his implements closer to the ground, any ideas?

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭straight

Is there something obstructing the lift lever from going fully down. Make sure the draft control is turned off, i.e pulled all the ways back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭DBK1

We’d a similar problem on an old 784 international many moons ago, it was a bend on the drop rod for lifting the pick up hitch. It was sprained about half way down and was sprained too much for the sliding part to pass it and so was stopping the lift from dropping any more than half way. A few belts of the sledge and all was ok again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭green daries

Ya as said above . Give a shake to the hitch struts when the lift is down and if one I'd tight remove it and see if that solves it

• Registered Users Posts: 14 DMcC69

Seems to be more a problem with the actual lever not going the full way down more so than a sticking hitch

Is it a seized linkage used it go down when you bought first 🤔 is it a private buy.... fill out things a bit and someone will have an idea 💡

• Advertisement

Have just bought it recently, but have noticed when it sits unused for a number of days the hydraulic arms will gradually go to the bottom so looks very much like a lever issue? 😕

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭DBK1

You’re very slow at drip feeding us very small bits of information!

Surely you’d know by looking at the lever in the cab if it’s going fully down or not? And if not have you checked there’s not a stone or something gone down behind the cover and stopping it? Did you look at it from the outside to make sure there’s no linkages from the lift handle seized or damaged? If you take off the back wheel on that side you’ll be able to see what’s happening a lot easier.

No one here will be able to help you if you’re not going to part with any information!

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Rusheseverywhere

Is this not a lift issue and a pump issue? Lift may need adjusting which could be fiddly. ( Lift lever could be strained)

Ya off to

Off a garage was it a private purchase

Post edited by green daries on

Its was a private sale, as i said earlier the lever wont go down fully and nothing seems to be obstructing it

• Advertisement

You'll just have to bring it to your local garage or get someone to look at it for you could be a long number of things wrong with it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭hopeso

I'm not familiar with these tractors, but I wonder if the lever is on a splined shaft and was removed at some stage and put back on wrong? There could be a splined shaft where the linkage goes into the back end too perhaps?

Got it sorted, I removed the plastic panel to expose the levers inside the cab, turned out their was a soil and gunge built up in front of the hydraulic lever that has a small flat plate were it enters the cab floor, looks like each time the lever was pushed down it compressed more material against the cab floor until the lever just no longer could go down enough to drop the hydraulics fully, problem solved 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Most don't respond to inform posters of the final fix which is an annoyance to those who try to help as they have an interest.

Fair play for letting people know

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Yup. Not often we see a conclusion to these type of threads g fair play OP and well done on getting it fixed.

Advertisement