Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,911 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

No trading, not even for a gifted special sausage roll 🤣

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I've just had coleslaw.. small tub was going to go off otherwise. I feel no shame.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Back home after the Placebo gig. They played a brilliant set - my mate and I got in to the 3 Arena too early at 7pm but the support band which kicked off at 7.15pm were good.

Placebo themselves came onstage at just before 9pm to a packed arena - they played a superb and tight set but paused midway through the fourth song to tell people not to use their cameras on their phones so I put mine away. ☺️

I did get a few snaps in beforehand. 👍😁🎸🎸🎶

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Mrs G happy out too. Gone to her friends house now for the night

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Addmagnet

Ooh, coleslaw! I love coleslaw and cheese sandwiches (has to be very mature cheddar), and digging coleslaw out of the tub with crisps (Walkers Ready Salted only).

And sometimes, if I'm feeling fancy, I even put the Walkers crisps into the cheese and coleslaw sandwich! 🥪🤤

• Advertisement

Cheese always struck me as the wrong consistency for coleslaw, just my thought, I wanted all crunch so crisps, the walkers you mentioned in particular are my absolute favourite with them 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Yup, a small amount of cameras, maybe the band allows it for one or two songs but it's a bit mad when nobody is in the moment. Ruins the atmosphere, which is what a live concert is all about.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,235 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Placebo were good but the setlist was a bit too focused on the new album for me. Don't get me wrong, I like the new album but there's only maybe 3 or 4 tracks on it that would justify their slot on a setlist taken from their entire discography.

Was cool to see them doing Bionic as a nod to having recorded it in Dublin but shocking there wasn't a single track from Without You I'm nothing included (especially since we're approaching it's 25th anniversary - perhaps that'll be the next tour?)

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/placebo/2023/3arena-dublin-ireland-23a644df.html

I want to retire now.

Had enough.

But, will have to make do with tea for now.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

In an anxious and low mood today and giving the online Tuesday evening yoga class a miss.

@Sleepy - agreed, there was too much focus on their new album (which is very good) and not enough back catalogue. Not playing their first big hit Nancy Boy (recorded in Dublin also) and Every You Every Me was pretty disappointing. They did play their set very well and tight but should have done some more of their older stuff.

Music artists would do well to be reminded that fans go to see them play their greatest hits as well as hear the new material.

It's actually rather selfish and self-indulgent of bands not to give the fans what they want to hear!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,149 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

We have always tried to give raw food to our dogs rather than processed canned food. So mince beef and chicken feet, chicken livers for treats. We use dry food to make sure they get the required vitamins. Generally speaking no human food unless it’s pure protein.

Mmmm chicken

Sealife sort of doc on tg4, beautiful but making me sleepy 🤣

And home time, few episodes of Hannibal in order.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭suvigirl

I don't mind a bit of rain when it's warm rain. Who knew! Thought I hated rain

I hate sweating in rain gear 😡

Total foodie here, ready to assist with anything dropped to the floor

Talking a half day and going to see Kraftwerk tomorrow. This is the year of going to concerts for me. Making up for previous years 😁 of Covid / being a hermit.

Back from seeing my head doctor for the first time in 12 weeks. Drained, bedtime. Laters gators

I think Blue is somehow related,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Up and helping a mate write a personal statement for a university course. 🤯

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭thomil

Deskside here, just back from my lunch break. Those TFI rental bikes here in Cork are worth their weight in gold! From my office at the train station to the English Market in less than ten minutes, the same for the return journey, and all of that without paying a single cent!

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭suvigirl

My crazy cat lady neighbour really loves her cats, she is lying out on the grass in the common area with 4 out of her 6 ( I think) cats walking all over her 🤣

She's a nice lady

How does this work ? Everywhere else i have seen bikes at a cost?

I definitely believe that flying is safer than driving. Nice easy work day and then got to test my ABS and prayers before missing someone who cut me up on the way home. American steel with a solid front versus the aft side of a Nissan, he was lucky.

On my half day mini holiday 😁

Sky kinda sunny and cloudy.

Getting ready to go into the big smoke for pizza and then Kraftwerk 😁

I've been ready ages. Just waiting for the OH.

Supping tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,911 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I got my new glasses 🕶️🤓🤓 New prescription, this time I also got prescription lensed sun glasses 🕶️ First time I've had sunglasses in nearly ten years, I'm very happy 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭thomil

There is a cost of sorts. There's an annual membership of 10€ (more if you want to sign up for more than one city), and theoretically, an hour's rental costs 1€. However, the first 30 minutes of every rental are free, so if you can make it from one station to another in less than 30 minutes, you ride for free. And given the small size of the rental system here in Cork, I rarely have to pay for any of my rides.

Check out their website: Home - TFI Bikes (bikeshare.ie)

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Advertisement

Advertisement