Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,425 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

When someone resorts to mistruths to bolster their argument it is usually a poor reflection of either their argument or themselves.

Is it true that Trump was required to take the Montreal Cognition Test while other presidents were not required to?

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 82,421 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

No, he wasn't "forced" to take the Montreal test , he asked to take it and then in true Trump fashion described it as a "very tough test" that he absolutely aced and that the Doctors couldn't believe how well he'd done etc. etc.

When in fact the Montreal test is only used if a doctor is concerned about a patients cognitive health , it is never part of any standard checkup regardless of how old you are.

Also - If you think it's a "tough test" then that is really not a good sign at all.

I believe defendant Donald John Trump is medically competent to stand trial.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

As always it's the lying and the cover-up that is the problem.

Trump , Biden and Pence all had documents in their possession that they should not have had/taken from their previous jobs.

However in the case of Biden and Pence , these were things taken in error (or taken during their terms and simply forgotten about or overlooked) but once they were discovered or once they were asked to check if they had anything , both men immediately returned everything they had and were open and honest with the various responsible groups.

As a result the issues were treated for what they were , oversights and/or genuine mistakes - Everybody moved on , no harm no foul.

Trump however deliberately lied , hid documents , moved them so they wouldn't be found , had his lawyers lie in legal documents and ignored multiple subpoenas on the issue.

It's now also clear that he knew what he had and showed them to un-authorised people - Which is why he is being charged under the Espionage act.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,616 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

That squirrel really has you twisting sideways :)

So now that you think both the current president and donald are suffering cognitive decline, who do you think is suffering from worse symptoms and why? Now is finally your chance to bring some evidence to bear.

Personally I think you'll find it very hard to find something that looks bad for the current president that donald hasn't been the greater fool.

I expect a retraction for the "mistruths" you accuse me of now that Quin_Dub schooled you as well.

It's not about "who has the worst mental decline" it's about "who's current mental pathology is worse for the US?"

A Joe Biden that might have lost a step or two will always be less of a risk to the US (and the world) than the demented,delusional behaviours of Donald Trump.

THAT is the key question.

And that pathology is "I am your retribution"

There's a lot more mentally wrong there than simple old man cognitive decline. But like I said, competent to stand trial.

Dub-Quin schooled me?

You claimed something that wasn’t true, ie that Trump was required to take the test while other presidents were not.

Mistruth - a false or misleading statement.

The honourable thing would be to at least acknowledge the mistruth. I would hope you would.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,448 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

You were very quick on another thread to lob out accusations of cognitive decline. And now you clam up.

You keep dodging the pertinent question.

You said someone in their late 70s must be starting to experience cognitive decline. Implicitly that means you think Trump is experiencing cognitive decline.

So is 77 year old Trump unfit to be President? Yes or no?

And what medical evidence can you bring to the table to justify your answer?

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

As I have said before. I don’t believe either Trump or Biden should be seeking what is arguably the most demanding job in the world. Time to let a younger individual , post WW2 generation, have a turn.

That's not the question that was asked of you though is it.

You were very quick on another thread to lob out accusations of cognitive decline. And now you clam up. Was that partisanship???

Is Trump fit for office or not?

Speaking of cognitive decline, if you read what I said, I believe both Trump and Biden have experienced cognitive decline and neither should seek election.

That's the third time you have dodged the question put to you. You weren't asked if they should seek election. You were asked if Trump was fit for office despite cognitive decline. And do you have any basis for this answer or is it personal opinion without foundation.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,549 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Both sides yet again. Biden is governing well, Trump is a traitor who's already limited cognitive capacity is somehow degrading even further.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 11,290 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

So by your rationale, trump too then? Or have you a medical paper your referencing that dictates otherwise?

Hilarious. Asking someone for their opinion and qualifying it with is that merely your opinion, without foundation!

I don’t think either Trump or Biden should attempt to become president again and assume leadership of the free world until they are 83 and 86 respectively. I don’t think octogenarians, due to cognitive decline etc, are best suited to the worlds most demanding job.

There are only 8 world leaders older than Biden. Only one is currently older than Biden would be if he serves another term. It is not a radical idea to think someone in their 80s might bow about gracefully from a successful political career.

You already said that. It's not the question you were asked. You weren't asked about 'best suited', or what they 'should' do.

Is Trump fit for office or not?

Fourth time you've dodged the question.

You were the one throwing out the 'cognitive decline' posts. Now you dodge the implications of that line of argument.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Run Forest Run

No, I think you'll find the key question is which one of them is currently holding office?

Trump is a former US president.

America is currently being run, by a dangerously incompetent and clearly cognitively impaired leader. For a lot of Americans I talk to, this cannot be allowed to go on much longer. It's not just the international embarrassment and ridicule, people are genuinely worried by this man's lack of fitness to be in office and what potential consequence that could lead to. It's not really a joke anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,415 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

"For a lot of Americans I talk to, this cannot be allowed to go on much longer"

Lol

Did they have tears in their eyes? Did they say "Sir, this cannot continue!"??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,549 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

You're trying to derail the thread. What were you expecting?

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 19,415 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

But that's what's going to be on the ballot.

If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.

It's a choice between Biden and Trump. One has acquitted himself perfectly, is admired and respected the world over and the other was laughed at on stage at the UN, was impeached twice and tried to overturn a proper election.

There is no comparison ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Beefcake82

My money is on a conviction followed by a pardon similar with Nixon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,697 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

I think it’s that or civil war.

OR

(lol)

Trump gets pardoned, THEN goes against Biden saying something like, “he was too chicken to let me rot, the evidence wasn’t there, it was a fake etc etc”, which just spurs him and his supporters on further, and does push the country even more toward civil war.

It's the Trump thread. So yeah it is the key question. He hasn't retired from politics has he?

Dangerous? What about Trump and the classified documents? Sexually assaulting women? Subverting the election?

Incompetent? The man incriminates himself on an almost daily basis & opens himself up to further defamation damages.

Hear no evil, see no evil, spread whatever dirt you can find about opponents. Distract, deflect, smear.

Trump is the national embarrassment and subject of deserved ridicule for his 'excuses' which beggar belief.

The obvious partisanship of your post is morally and intellectually bankrupt.

The impression I get talking to people, is that many will reluctantly hold their nose and vote Trump. If that's the only choice they're given.

It's basically anyone but Biden for many people.

• Advertisement

A lot of Americans I talked to about this post have no idea what its talking about.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement