Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTÉ admits paying Tubridy €345,000 more than declared

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,282 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

If I was on that committee, I would have laptop open in front of me to realtime factcheck the RTE crap.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭ZookeeperDub

They know how many people he represents but they didn't want to say it. It is just one of the many many lies been told.

Probably the smallest.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭walshb

NK is not at all the issue. He is doing what he can in the best interest of his clients. He can only do this with RTEs approval. RTE allowed the deals to be made, and here we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Irishdancer

RTE trying to derail the questioning.....

Chair trying to help RTE here...30 seconds left...

this is a smokescreen meeting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,169 ✭✭✭Tow

Someone else pointed out the RTE Chairman appears to be sloshed, her speech is very slurred.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,619 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

It is basically a stereotype of the civil servants thinking they won’t be held to account etc.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,835 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Mistakes were made, we didn't know, lessons will be learned etc.

That's all that will come out of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Hyperbollix

Lol, Patrick Kielty is really walking into wasps nest in September. If RTE stonewall on his salary and he himself won't discuss it, he's got a big problem coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

"Rory has been with RTÉ since 2007 in a variety of roles. Since 2011, as Strategic Advisor to the Director-General, Rory has been at the centre of strategic planning for the organisation. As Director of Strategy, he will lead a new strategy function encompassing corporate strategy, new ventures and innovation, public affairs, and strategic risk management."

And he hasn't been asked a single damn question directly during all of this thing.

Bizarre and quite frankly suspicious

Rory Coveney – About RTÉ (rte.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭CONSI

This is all taking the focus away from the fact aswell that 2 of the All Ireland Q-Finals this weekend are on GAAGO...another organisation Dee Forbes is involved in. She must quite literally have had carte blanche in there to do what she wanted.

• Advertisement

They are all lying now

OK.

He can be asked, but can say no i'm not appearing.

However, if he refuses to attend to clarify this issue, then in my view, he risks not being recognised by RTE (via the Minsiter who provides RTE with funding) into the future to represent ANY of their clients as they are involved in a lack of transparency around public money. this would be very costly for the agency.

the Minister can do this. The Minister provides the money. This isn't a private company.

public money carries a different obligation. If it is believed that public money is being misused, or used for purposes other than what it was supplied for, then provision of it can be withdrawn or temporarily halted. it happened with the FAI IIRC.

If they refuse to appear, they risk losing access to brokering further agreements with RTE in the future, in the above scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Northernlily

Brendan Griffin has snared a big one there. She was completely caught of guard.

Dee Forbes was asked to resign so they could basically throw her under the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,248 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I'd say Oireachtas TV figures are box office today.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,553 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Coveney....ehhh....I can't think why they would be going easy on him with that surname alright...

Well done, of course they are not taking it serious....all these clowns should be made to quit tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 18,619 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Suin letting herself down now as she asked for Forbes to resign not thinking that it would good to have Forbes as DG at the Oireachtas committee?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭thomas 123

Brendan not a happy man - fair play to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I'm going back to d'ashes 😊

Seven Worlds will Collide

Sorry, NK Management can clarify this issue. 100% agree that they are doing the best they can for their cleints - and it's their remit - and they've done an incredible job for their clients.

However, this deal brokered involved 2 NK management clients (atm) with RTE. RTE person isn't available. It would do the nation a great service for NK Management to clarify it for everyone's benefit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Hyperbollix

They asked her to resign. As I thought. Pin it on her, avoid all accountability. Brass neck the rest of it.

We are back to a good line of questioning here from Brendan Griffin.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Not saying NK should not assist, more that it's down to RTE what NK can "get away" with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Griffin doing a good job here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

I am going to be sick, "The wonderfully talented radio presenter, Ryan is a darling of the Irish public and we are very proud of our partnership with Lottie."

Did NK write this **** as anybody who wrote this in Toyota Longmile Road must have the brownest nose in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Sorolla

Asleep at the job

lol

g’wan Brendan

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

She needs resign for that colossal error of judgement.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,459 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Brendan Griffin asking some pertinent questions. Huge disparity between some contributors who are on top of their brief and a few others who are there to be seen asking questions, despite, in some instances, being barely able to string a sentence together.

Grant Thornton would sweep it under the table more

• Advertisement

*Brendan Griffins watsapp

Simon Coveney is writing.......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement