Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Love Punting , Providing Selections & Chatting Gibberish ; & I Intend To Do So On Hyah

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

Hiya. Some bunch in Chepstow today...

4:50 Chep - Coral Reef 4/1 as an alternative to short fav Kimnkate, who won over 8f last time on AW, today they run over 7f on turf, so I wouldn't that confident about her chances, anyways, Coral Reef might have needed that last run when coming back after 4 months break, she bumped into a quite an improver that day, Hollie is riding for Archie, all good.

Post edited by j@utis on

Maybe I should take that back because another one caught my attention... 5:25 Bonkersinabundance 11/2 she won very nicely indeed in Brighton lto, same claimer jockey retains the ride, similar undulating track, only 3yo filly should have more to come. GL.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

'arvo missusse, and ye folkes various 😊

had a good cursory at all ye cardes, today, and none appealed :(

punting sabbatical mefinks 😃

bitta sun at out sporadically... might cud be good day for ye sunbathinge in ye SSE vicinity 😎😝😀

:)

those two are good enuffe for me, ire j@u 👗

that Brighton win looks tasty in contexte of ye laste at Chepstow for the proliferation of lunacy, pick ,, and i have a strange funny good feeling that Hughes' jolly in race previouse might want either 6fs or a mile ---> that's going on ye Havana Golde angle; altho @Spanish Mane bucked that stat when winning o'er CD on Sat'dee..

anyhoo , will do singles win + win/ew doubles on t'brace

enjoy ye the weather if tis good in yizzer area/s folkes, and hopefully we get a winner or two from @wenchitty's @#StellarPicks 😊

me Harrington *2nd string pick has shortened for ye Ballinrobe race - but only on account of her (original) "1st" string *being scratched along with other j/fav, of Tony, so two less to beat for @PORTREATH, the @firsttimetonguestrap wearing topweighte in ye 6,15... ~3/1 fav currently is Portreath

#finlandwasrobbed#StudyHub#wenchittypicks#wherehasthesungone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭standardg60

7.30 wolves

Field of view finished within 8 lengths of a group 1 winner at Ascot on debut, gelded and wind op since and has ran here before.

Can't resist 12/1 here

no joy with @Portreath - 2nd :( ... outbattled in ye finishe 😒

anyroad , today :)

Newton Abbot - Good (Good to Firm in places)

Enthused ~11/4 has found winning thread recently, but over further.. not for me based on all his ~2m hurdle runs - possible he can lie up with pace and travel well for most of race, and may well fade,,, chance in-running lay @ ~1/2, or summat

Pepsiwithacap ~14/1. f/t blinkers , f/t wind surgery. worth keeping eye on. previously a winner with Cromwell,, lto run was at very fast track in Plumpton.. can't be completely ruled out - is only 4yo filly... perhaps include for combi 'castes?

Clearance isn't getting any younger at 9yo.. a 6/1 shot that aint jumping off page... thinking is might be better with less weight in a better race.. leave off for today..

a hold-up ride could see RANCO ~ 9/2 WIN, be bang there... jockey a relative unknown but Ella Herbison takes off 7lbs and the horse goes well over C and D. price aint massive and horse is 'out of form' , but it's been a while since he tackled ~2m on proper 'Good' (assuming it don't rain :rolleyes: ) ground... will do me here

fancied @Urabamba ~ 4/1 earlier, but finding it hard to make a case here... a winner 2yrs ago at Wexford - but nowt since.. that's a sharp enough ~2m trip.. lto's CD (also sharp enuffe) 4th saw Urabamba travel well most of the way, but was found wanting at the end,,, has seen some early money, but jury's out... will chance a few small in-running lays at ~1/2 and lower mebbe..

Professor Calculus ~6/1, is unsurprisingly on the drift... a blind man could see that all known formlines suggest this one wants more of a trip....

Pepsiwithacap ~14/1. f/t blinkers , f/t wind surgery. worth keeping eye on. previously a winner with Cromwell,, lto run was at very fast track in Plumpton.. can't be completely ruled out - is only 4yo filly... perhaps include for combi 'castes?

will go each way on PEPSIWITHACAP 14/1.. on reflection, lto's run weren't so bad.. is only 4yo filly, that run was her first (in NH sphere) run for new trainer , went off completely unfancied <market drifter> , altho was p/u, the race was ran in very fast time.. altho it were a moderate enough 3yo maiden and ran in a slowish time, this one has won a hurdles' race on ~Good ground over ~2m 1f in Killarney last August, and that's fair enough form when horse's price is factored in

gl

#StudyHubbes

Beverley - Good to Firm (Good in places)

FRANKENDAEL 12/1 WIN

goinge for price here.. horse is proven over the trip - from CD win last Sep. Granted the ground was plenty soft enough then.. Frankendael is bred by Camelot - which is opposite of a 'green shoot' , as they (Camelot progeny) tend to prefere soft/heavy going..

trip is fine tho,..

has ran twice at Ripon on Good & Good to Firm going, with both them trips @ 1.5m.. in those runs, the horse has finished 3rd of seven and 4th of five - beaten ~6 & 8lgths..

thinking is horse can run a good race up to a point over ~this trip when running on Good going, but may be found wanting when taps are turned on..

... also , this is a Cl4 and both those Ripon runs were at Cl5 level,,

needs more - but is lightly raced..

albeit, it was on softer going, but at prices it's hard to get away from @Frankendael on account of his CD triumph.. in that he hit the front a while from home and seemed to be winning going away..

.....perhaps if can get to front earlyish, then be hard to peg back?

a few of these have question marks; what with the going , step up in trip etc,,, eg the drifting fav, Westernesse <2s from earlier 13/8> ...

...of the ones that are proven under today's conditions; Strawman ~6/1, won a similar event in July '21, but that was a Class5 - might be found wanting here tho..

the other one is the well backed Casilli ~4/1. recent form aint great, but 2nd last run at Redcar reads well enough here in context - Redcar might be (unsure, but will guess anyhoo 😋) slightly sharper trip than Beverley, so today's (slightly stiffer ~1m 2f trip) trip could help Mick Easterby's mare go well today.. will ignore @CASILLI's lto (when sent over CD) flop , as that was a competitive Cl3

reckon Casilli will be staying on late here... small win saver on Casilli just in case...

not sure how race will pan out - will there be much pace on, etc?? ,,,, don't seem guaranteed....

not expecting to collect on main selection, Frankendael, but even tho 4yo gelding has seen some money (was 16/1 and 18s earlier) , 12/1 still looks a tasty price

that'll do me

g'luck all 😊

@stan u was right to go with summat at a big price there (well anywhere really 😋) at Wolves.. #u'lllandoneyet 👊

#finlandwasrobbed#studyhub/s

:(

no good there:

Frankendael ran as well as formbook suggested he would, alas... close enough but not good enough, and faded into last place..

less excuses for @Casilli, who was held up, produced wide with plenty of road left, but found nothing when in front rank position, and finishes fifth..

Gemma Tutty had a #one/two there (don't happen every day :pac:) . fair play to her, but not so me 😢 #tf ! - her one what come second -Strawman- , I had given little chance of winning , so there's that 🤣

#finland#robbed

last and second laste :( only way is up 😎

#puntingsabbaticalinorder

😊

• Advertisement

fekkit - luujk forwards:

"Thursday Thoughts"

Hamilton - Good ... long time til racing there - will keep eye on going

plenty admirable performers at this level... many with win / place / go close form at the course over this ~13f trip. not sure what going will be (hope stays good) , but BOUNCING BOBBY ~5/1 prov. sp. WIN, is a winner over ~a furlong shorter from lto run - which was at the course.. is a hold up horse, and they might be favoured in a race like this.

just looked at paper jolly here.. Rajmeister ~11/10, is a lto winner of Redcar Cl6 hcap (slightly better grade/race than this one, as it be a seller, this one) , but that was on Good to Soft/Soft in plcs going..

on 'minus' side, this one has only ran twice over five furlongs, with both those races on turf, and both of them on the turf.. also, his lto win on soft/softish going at Redcar was in race ran in less than a minute.. can't fault that tbf 😃

if going stays good and/or Rajmeister shortens, then will consider for lay here

Stay Smart ~4/1, is second fav here, and 4s looks okay, but feeling is this one needs "Firm" in goinge in order to go well...

... on the other hand, if going gets soft (possible rain - some were due today, but next two days seem cloudy and dry) , then there's quite a few what can be in the mix..

hard to get away from fav, atc, but will deffo consider for some sort of a lay bet

#TT

back to today

Newton Abbot

8.05 if JP jolly flops, then BALA BROOK ~3/1 WIN , could pick up pieces here.. came 2nd lto in first ever hurdles' run - which was on similar going and over course and distance.... Good enuffe for me :)

not so sure about shortening Frankie Faulkner ~15/4,,, is shortening all the time, and form figures has him as lto winner; but looking at formguide itself, and he's zero from three runs - which include one Bumper outing and two PtPs.... where that '1' has come from, i dinna.. Also, horse aint raced for over two years; and, worse again, is trained by the 'shrewd' Welshman, Evan Williams..

still wondering where ye recente form figure, to wit "1" , has come from.,,, hope it weren't a very recent running :rollups:

JP's aforementioned jolly, Songo 4/5, is stepped markedly up in trip from most recent (also runs on flat) hurdling outing... has won over 1m 6f on the flat, so perhaps that means something,,,?

anyhow, Songo, looks way too short here, atc, and have did 2-plce lay @ ~4/11 , plus a few short (might fall ha) in-running win lays

Newbury 7.50

I backed Dream of Mischief lto when he got no run at all, hopefully compensation awaits..

FF has been running in points and won lto, Williams gave 10k for him after, he's interesting but this is a watch for me, gl

nothing there

'nite

#nojoyetoday#wasrobbed#who?#finlandthat'swho!

8.25 Newbury

Bastogne finished just behind Sir Winston lto in a 0-80, Sir Winston won by half the track earlier today in a 0-80 at Brighton

This is a 0-75 so hopefully Bastogne will outclass these on 2nd start for Deborah Faulkner

Lucky last at Newbury.

Katar finished 2nd to Lahina Bay who won again last night at Windsor lto

28/1 is an insult for me, drawn high enough which seems to be good tonight.

more "Thursday Thoughts"

that were me pick 'nd us thoughts on @Water Of Leith, who finished third of seven, two weeks ago, at Musselburgh...

that were a 6furlonges race; thought Mulrennan didn't ask for maximum effort then, but that the horse would be capable of running a good race over that trip - on a good day and also on ground described as "Good" or a bit firmer even...

anyhow, Water Of Leith is declared for a five furlonge Class3 on Thursday evening.. can't see it meself: that horse winning a race like this over the minimum trip... ?

..... but the horse also has entry for Class4 (over 6furlongs) at Donny this Saturday upcoming..

will keep eye on how WATER OF LEITH runs on Thursday with view to backing (if declared that is) on Saturday in that ~8.30 Doncaster...

.... horse also has entry for Stewards' Cup at Goodwood in August, so the well travelled 5yo gelding must be reasonable well thought of by @Jim Goldie and chums, and the horse is also having his second stint (different owners/syndicate this time) with that stable.... has a rating of 74, which is decent enough for a low level type - dunno will it be enough to get into a Cl2 Heritage Handicap tho..

.... anyhoo, it's Thursday & (potentially)Saturday's runnings is what interests me 🤣

had a look at this one and am considering backing three here.. Kats Bob , Guest List & Sharrabang are ones occupying us thoughts insofar as hopefully running good races...

....... All us picks/potential picks, so far, are based on me thinking going will be "Good" , so hoping no rain falls..

been a poor laste few days folkes, have barely had a cursory at today's (Wednesday) fare,,, possibly leave off 😊

#discipline#exercisepatience

#puntingsabbatical

#artistry#StudyHubs

#finlandwasrobbed

bye bye

#quotingonhereisregularmofo 😏😂

another Thursday thought

Gemma Tutty, after having a one/two y'day in 4.15 Bevs, said she liked one of hers at Newcastle (ltr in wk), who's first time in h'cap and upped in trip

she didn't name mule, but she only has one goinge tomorrow, and that's DANCING CLOUD ~7/1, in the opener there - 1,35 Ncs

very tricky, trappy looking race this - i dinna

had two runs for Joey in Ireland before being sold.. two poor runs at ~8 and ~9furlonges on softish ground...

was well backed for first run in England (a 7f Cl5 Novice Stakes on Ncs AW) but only managed 3rd behind a 1/16 shot.. not a bad run I suppose...

tackles ~12f tomorrow does SWAPPED

interestingly, this one also has entries for the two big staying handicaps at Newcastle on Saturday - will watch tomorrow's decs out of interest to see if Gemma's 3yo colt gets in...

weather 'up north' looks rainy - could scupper us early @Hamilton pick/s / potentials picks for on the morrow 😓

got us 'money back' on each waye poke earlier, when @Lough Carra, 5/1, got third behind well punted Hendo jolly.. nowt wrong with that, but it were a 'running on fumes' type job late on for us pick...... but fk all (i alluded to this before on here) could be seen, either coming in or out of the 'minor positions' as de effing cameraman (no doubt told to do so) only focussed in on the last ~twenty yards of ye reale estate come 'business end' of race - which only concerned two... only one really, as was never in doubt..

....soon as winner crossed line, did cameraman zoom out to get a panoramic?? did he fuque!! 😒

fking joke this craic - don't understand it at all :mad:

in other news, and bereft of inspo, I'm gonna back ye well punted on @VACCINE ~7/1 , in ye 3,50 Carlisle (where it's raining a tad) today ; merely cos am bereft of inspo - so'll back 'market mover' here for punting's sake... looks to be one what likes to be up close, but has a shoyte looking draw in box 16

g'l

• Advertisement

yeah, it's been quiet second half of the month on the winners front, a handful of placers and quite a few near misses but no real jackpot. but that's the nature of the game.

I'm wondering if Adela Of Champagne can cope with drop in distance today in 5:50 Kempton, she ran well on her hdc debut but that was over a mile... I undecided about this one yet.

Another one I like is Vegas Jack in Salisbury 5:10, he didn't stay 10f lto but ran well over 8f before that, down to a mile again today, chances.

Also I'll chance Albegrey in 3:20 Carlisle, bolted in here last time, why not.

Remember this one, Shigar when he got beaten by 0C (yeay go carbon!), he was fancied that day by many punters including some on here too 😂 could it be that today is his day? Have a look!

@Shigar will do me missusse 🙂

g'l with ur picks j@u 😊

#bereftofinspo#havhadenuffe#zoomdafuqueoutcameraman

took ew flyer on Devasboy in this delayed 3,20

Albegrey should love the bitta juice in ground here...

unlucky with Albegrey j - looked a stone cold 'got to the front too soon' job there :(

am switching channels, folkes, for ta watch ye fillies.. watching ye tennise on BBC2 😂 cheaper'n losin' on mules, fo' sho ! 😛

no joy in 3.20 - shrapnel back on Devasboy (4th plce) .. lost win on @Albegrey tho...

was a good pick that Albegrey tbf,, was 11/4 or bigger (i think) when flagged up by our j@u 😊

Shigar and Vaccine left pour moi today.. had a luuk, and didn't like Vegas Jack, soz 😂 as well as Shigar, will also do UZINCSO 14/1 EW, in Kempton 7,20: multi CD winner , out of form but dropping down weights & trained by Butler, plus has plum draw in box one has ye 'pagejumper',, nt lukd at much in this race, but field looks poor enoughe overall..

Bath

Goinge is firme-good to firme in places....

open looking race this

none of the top three here are screaming out to be backed imo

pen landed on OUTREACH 9/1 WIN+EW NAP

1st time in hcap, trainer is in fantastic form - Mark Usher has had 5 wins from last 17 runners! Outreach weren't beaten too far lto, at the course, over ~150yds shorter trip.. might do better if closer to pace today over slightly longa trippe... looks about a 5/1 shot to me

anyroad, GL 😀

'm wondering if Adela Of Champagne can cope with drop in distance today in 5:50 Kempton, she ran well on her hdc debut but that was over a mile... I undecided about this one yet.

Brilliant missus !

that's a BOOOMMM !! 😁

hope ya back'd it after all.... i didn't 😢

Adela Of Champagne gets in as easy as you like UNBACKED, f fuming...

Vegas Jack was beaten by a neck. So typical.

I give up... Till tomorrow....

• Advertisement

a bummer tbs j :sadface:

#betterdaysahead#believe#convincemeselfan'all#discipline

Advertisement