Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Not a drop of rain here today at all.

Grant it I’m in Lanzarote but still. 😛

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭BK5

Very nice!!

We are going there in less than 2 weeks, going to Playa Blanca. My only concern is will it be too hot. 😰

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Plenty of cold drinks and ice cream you’ll be fine. Anything over 20 degrees and I struggle so I run for shade most of the time when away but still enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Have a lovely time, @Loughc - you definitely deserve the break! 🙂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Enjoy.

Heading to Italy in 2 weeks, really looking forward to it. Which reminds me, must start thinking about packing etc... best to not leave that to the last minute!!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Has anyone been to Sardinia? Thinking of heading there for a week but know nothing about it.

Shortest day of the year is done and dusted! Christmas is coming!

It's in a couple of days if that's the shortest day done. 😁

I noticed last night that the evenings are closing in alright 😋😄😄

• Advertisement

Theres the rain, must be December so.... 🤣

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭antimatterx

I don't get how it's July next week, but I'm not complaining. I live for Autumn and Winter, so the faster they come the better.

D’oh!!! Longest day of the year I meant. I had Christmas on the mind.

I'd be disappointed if you didn't. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭tscul32

Today's looking to be a scorcher 🌞🌞

Heading to Cavan with the cubs fir a competition. The poor kids have to spend 6 hours setting up their camp in 24 degrees while us leaders relax in a separate field😁. Hoping they'll regularly be encouraged to reapply their sunscreen.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭ClaudeVercetti

Not sure if it's the solstace but I've a particular yearning for the colder months the last few days - I feel more happier in myself and at peace in Autumn and Winter. Enjoying this weather all the same while it lasts

• Registered Users Posts: 30,491 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Well Happy Rudolph Day Everybody.

In the last few nights I caught up on the thread since January.

Some of ye might have noticed older posts getting thanked.

Sorry to hear some of ye had bad news.

Congratulations to those who had good news.

Well we're half ways there now.

Only one more Christmas free month left.(July). Then the Brown Thomas Christmas Shop.

I've Easter Decorations boxed in the my sisters room and she's not coming home for the Summer so they won't go into the attic until the Christmas one's come down.

Post edited by freshpopcorn on

This is sort of me!

I wonder is this the Bah Humbug brigades favourite day of the year?

Because it's the longest time from the last Christmas to the next Christmas 🤔😄😄

• Registered Users Posts: 38,316 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The year is flying and of course less than 6 months away from Santa belive it or not

Off to London for my first of 3 trips there this summer on Friday. Going to see WWE in the O2 Arena fri and Sat night. My non Wrestling event for the weekend is ABBA Voyage for the Matinee show on Sat.

Hope all is well with everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭buzzerxx

Lidl today

I'm noticing all the Summer sales on. It's certainly a sign the shops are getting ready for Autumn/Winter 2023.

My wife was in Pennys the other day and she said that they were starting to put out warmer Autumn/Winter clothes alright.

Just noticed on the countdown that we are at 180, where have the last 20 days gone? Feel's like day 200 was about 5 days ago!

All I see is "back to school" and they're not even finished this year yet!

I find the Aldi/Lidl leaflets a great way to Countdown weekly.

Back to school is this week.

Then well probably have more Summer fun, BBQ.

I think the Summer bedding plants are even slowing down.

Very soon they'll have getting the garden ready for Autumn, etc.

Laughed when hearing the adverts on the radio today for that very thing, my kids have their graduation tomorrow so haven't even finished up for their holidays yet.

On that note, cant believe that's 8 years of primary school all done & dusted, I can still remember bringing them in on their very first day & thinking what a big step it was for us, genuinely cannot believe how quickly that 8 years has gone, scarily fast.

Without trying to scare you even more.

The next 5 or 6 will go even faster.

I honestly don't know where the time goes.

I finished primary school 18 years ago and it all went fast. In 18 years time I'll be approaching 50.

Well i remember my 21st like it was a few months ago.... only it was 30 years ago now... never been more aware of how short a time we're around for & thats why its so important to make the most of our time with those we care for. Christmas being a perfect opportunity to make the most of them.

• Advertisement

Agree that the next few years will fly even faster for you DvB. 8 years ago I had a 9 year old, now he's nearly 18!!!

Sitting at Malahide castle right now, pint in hand, waiting for Blondie and Sting. Perfect night for it, not too warm and the rain is holding off. Only wish we'd brought the 11yo with us, he'd have loved it, just never entered our heads. We've given up on the older two with respect to music, but the little elf has great taste and loves Blondie.

Advertisement