Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

Last Friday I thought they were going to do "The General" and he was going to get shot through the car window. The door is left open now for him to return later and want to know if he's the daddy. Sarah to keep the baby?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

The Brits treat their dogs better than they do their people. There's a great quote in a book called Exciting Times about it. It implies they're so nice to their dogs so nobody will believe they did colonialism.

Anyway, no surprise he's in and out of the place and nobody bats an eyelid at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

The cafe looks filthy all the time anyway, have a look at the walls, it looks so grubby

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭threetrees

There is no way I'd eat in Roy's with the dog about. I am surprised Roy lets it happen. We all know Evelyn loves the little dog, she needs the company of a pet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Have always thought that too. I know it's meant to be the quintessential greasey spoon Northern diner, but its a horrible kip, and would probably be closed down by a health inspector if a dog was found roaming around inside.

• Advertisement

It made more sense to keep it like that when there was nothing else there, but there's a Costa now, and the bistro does proper coffee too. I've seen the prices at Roy's are dirt cheep so maybe that's the appeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

Dirt cheap? 🙂

Speaking of Roy's Rolls..... has everyone seen the new limited edition Corrie inspired clothing line.

Soo... Abi was a fall down drunk and drug addict, but a year later can enjoy a few sociable beers, without going pure LOCO.... interesting 🤔

Post edited by littlevillage on

And speaking of junkies, this wan in the bed, a heroin addict with her perfect teeth. Unlikely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,824 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

I grew up eating in places like Roys Rolls - greasy spoon cafe's we used to call them complete with grubby walls, sticky floors and smoke filled , no Costa's or Starbucks or anything like that and a 'Cup' of tea, not a bucket ... and a decent price too pence for a cup of tea and coffee was just instant - still lots of them type cafe's bound to be around these days and the place so realistic in that respect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,824 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

what a mis-match of character Tyrone's mum and Evelyn's daughter - scouse Liverpool accent when both Tyrone & Evelyn have Manchester accents - and those sparkly white straight teeth too - you would think the corrie make-up department could dirty up her teeth or put some false ones over hers to make them look like a druggies teeth.

i never realised Pregablin was a poor man's cocaine - I was on them 10 years ago when I was hospitalised with slipped discs in me back . had to be weaned off them slowly over 3 weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,199 ✭✭✭jos28

Bit like Abbi's teeth too, very expensive looking gnashers for junkies

I like Claire Sweeney (she'll always be Lindsay Corkhill to me) but Margi Clarke was a brilliant person to play Tyrone's mother, such a pity that character was written out. I think she died? (the character, not Margi Clarke!)

I bet Sarah's baby will be Damon's (who knew you could get a paternity test done when only just pregnant?) and Sarah will choose to keep the baby. So Adam and Sarah split up, leaving Adam free for Alya.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭prunudo

Alya, i was thinking Deedee. Must look out for Adam/Alya interactions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭DT2016

Any scene Evelyn is in is good her acting tonight amazing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,748 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The Richard Hillman story in nearly finished on Classic Coronation Street.

I think the Canal episode is next Wesdnesday/Thursday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,066 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

DeeDee: "If it's Adam's?"

Sarah: "I'll keep it"

DeeDee: "And if it's Damon's?"

Sarah: "I won't"

Jenny: "Well put me down for a tenner!"

Best jumpcut in a long while

Here's Paul with his really mother and his on screen one.

His real mother recently played the bus passenger who was rude to him when he fell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭optogirl

drug addicts & former drug addicts do have access to dentists. Junkies is a rotten word

• Advertisement

So after that amazing episode with Evelyn and her daughter they both leave the street I was hoping for more amazing acting.

Seems like Maureen Lipman always taking breaks

Maureen Lipman is in high demand! It's a pity we won't see her caring and bonding with her daughter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭prunudo

I wonder though will we see her struggles with the rehab/cold turkey on screen. I read recently that she (Maureen) was very tired due the increased work load of an up coming storyline.

Henry Newton is returning later this year to cause trouble for Gemma. He's the posh lad that went out with her for a bet and then sort of liked her I believe.

Also, Gemma needs to go on anti-depresseants again.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭tobesure

Sick of Gemma. What's with the intermittent sign language?

Worst accent in the whole thing. I'd rather Stephens.

I belive the actor who plays her kid is actually deaf, or hearing impaired, and the actress said that she's been learning sign language since he was hired so she can better communicate with him when they're not filming. That has naturally flowed over into the acting too. I think it's actually quite nice to see her make the effort.

Can Gemma and her family just go away except for Bernie she’s alright the rest can go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,305 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭phormium

Have they all got very bad fake tan on or is my tv colour gone wonky! Except Billy, his looks pretty natural!

Advertisement