Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sole trader. 3 business names. is this legal?

Options
  • 28-06-2023 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Ive been a sole trader for 12 years and registered a name with cro. I was doing some handyman work but its grown into different types of work in construction and i slightly changed the name to something that sounded similar and had a web site with this logo and web address.

Then a few years ago i changed the name again to something very simialar but added construction at the end of it and also changed the logo on my website but didnt have this business name as a registered business with CRO. Would this be legal for me to trade as a sole trader like this. I know this isnt a great excuse but i was always busy and actually forgotten all about it.

Today i have registered the new business name. Do i need to contact revenue to inform them of a name change and if so, is this a straight forward process?

Comments

Advertisement