Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Youtubers

Options

Comments

I think it will be a big success. When you see how Tom p has developed his farm shop. They could add things on to it as they go on. It was only one of a few videos I have watched recently farming YouTube. Don’t have as much interest in them as before. Maybe it’s a seasonal thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Never realised he was near anywhere like that. I'm sure he'll have a plan, but a tie in with someone like Linton Film Productions (or his local equivalent) to showcase their videos in the museum (selling videos/DVD's or whatever the strategy is nowadays in the shop) would be an idea.

If anyone has ever been to W5 in Belfast - if he could get some interactive stuff in for kids it could be quite profitable. Kids don't like looking, they prefer doing.

I'm guessing that the MF1200 will be pride of place?

Just has to get local girl done well Maura Higgins to open it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Odelay

Gerry6420 is something else on the loader. Seen him loading hay and thought I was impressed, but him pulling off the silage wrap as he was dropping the bale into the round feeder in one swift move, with the ease I take my socks off.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,253 ✭✭✭✭Base price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

The move to film instead of net, has stopped me doing something similar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Jb1989

In my opinion this is a bit tasteless from Evenflows Snapchat, tho that's him and he's well liked by others.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭dmakc

Disgrace

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭ruwithme

Just watching Karen moynihan. She's some worker. Twill be the quare catch for some lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭youllbemine

Article in the Farming Independent this week featuring her. She mentioned a husband and building a house with him. She is an area manager for Lidl/Aldi. That’d be a tough gig so fair play to her. Mad for the work by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭kk.man

I'd say Aldi/Lidl must be looking in and wondering how they give so much time off so a person can have another job. They usually work you to the bone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭roosterman71

They'd give leeway too. Most places would and Aldi/Lidl I thought were fairly good employers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Suckler

Really good one from Mr. CVX; would've liked to have seen a bit more of the process but he was under serious pressure for time so understandable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPwrjhfvb6I

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭3 the square

A husband, In one video she has her boyfriend with her doing a few jobs !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭kk.man

I don't doubt they are good employers and I believe they pay well but I also believe you put in the hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,253 ✭✭✭tanko

If you think working in Aldi or Lidl is being worked to the bone you’ve never worked in a busy meat factory. Aldi or Lidl is like being on your holidays in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭893bet

Jesus there are some creeps in the comments. I would prefer the “I would love to cum on your face “ comments to what she is getting which is the creepy “oh Karen you are amazing, you are doing great, you are so funny, that rainbow was so pretty, almost as pretty as you, god bless” from men three times her age I suspect .

jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭893bet

I predict an appearance on ear to the ground in the next 12 months. A joint piece on farm safety and women in farming. A decent story really.

After complaining about American YouTubers I started watching some of just a few acres videos as recommended and would highly recommend and that’s lead me on to watching videos from tayfarms from Maine. Very interesting, cows around 15 years old, crazy way of milking but at least they’re outdoors a lot of the time. Love how well the YouTuber and her boss seem to work so well together, they do I think all their own field work and repairs. Tom p who I always see what his up to as used to love his videos, getting worse. Overly dramatic thumbnails about letting his cows graze a 7 acre field that’s just right for grazing he had intended for silage. Just needless misleading clickbait stuff to found his “small farm”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭dmakc

Is Pemberton still doing 3 vids a week? Talk about overkill

Mostly 2 but if his unable to upload a video on his set days he’ll do a live feed that evening to keep the money rolling in, I mean his viewers happy lol. If you watch his early videos to what his putting out now, night and day. I’ve said before, the Irish YouTubers are miles ahead in the work their doing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,768 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Sandi Brock is tough viewing these days. Her daughter undergoing Chemo now. I was an occasional viewer, but still.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

I actually enjoy the US lads, they vary a lot in their content depending on the size of their setup.

Sonne Farms - feedlot farming and lot of harvesting

A few acres farm - excellent content for a small holding

Our Wyoming Life - more out in the plains farming, enjoyable enough though

10th Generation Dairyman - massive dairy setup, good enough content

Saskdutch kid - similar content to the above but haven't watched in a while, based in Canada

Tom Pemberton - his content I find is excellent, varies a lot. The money pumped in to it at moment is massive, don't know how he's doing it

Farmer Phil - haven't watched in a while, similar stuff a lot. Difficult to vary it I know. Must start catching up a bit

I Farm We Farm - follow this a lot, very enjoyable content

I enjoy some wilderness youtubers who live very rural.

My Self Reliance

Wild Wonderful Off Grid

Any more recommendations would be appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭3 the square

Pennslyvania dairyman is worth checking out hard working young lad

• Registered Users Posts: 11,253 ✭✭✭✭Base price

I started watching David Beattie from Cavan (Sheep School) after a recommendation here. He is a sheep farmer, well worth watching. We haven't kept sheep in 30 years but I enjoy his videos and the easy going way that he presents.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Jimbo789

He has a good video this week visiting the farm that’s going to be hosting the Lleyn open day this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Injuryprone

Sometimes watch boehm farm. Small holding, old wrecks of machinery, something you wouldn't necessarily associate with USA

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Odelay

My Wagyu Is Finally Ready For The Freezer - YouTube

Find this guy interesting. See somethings that I would never have seen in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,455 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

I see they had a mobile abattoir on show at Groundswell in England this year.

Bit more interest now in looking at on farm killing again.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,882 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

I think the point was made during a tour of it that it was movable but not very mobile. There's a fair bit of setup involved and you need facilities for lairaging the stock prior to slaughter, handling the offal/waste products ect.

Processing cattle in that particular setup seemingly wasn't ideal and it was more geared towards sheep and pigs. That's not to say it couldn't be made to work but it would need to be more of a joint venture between a group to process volumes of stock at a time as opposed to working with individuals and small number's over a large area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭tobesure

Sad to see farmer Phil advertising gambling on his page. Those lucky day competitions or whatever they are. Scummy company and these you tubers are all greedy and will do anything for a few euro.

Advertisement