Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model Y

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭JOL1

Discount most likely conditional on picking up by 30th ...seems clear...car will be available for pickup or else would not be offered

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭poker--addict

Yes must collect this week.

I bit.

But there is a strong argument for a 232 plate and a smaller grant effectively amounting to the same net cost...but with a slightly newer plate in the used car market...🤷🏼‍♂️

😎

I didn't think so either hence the spend!

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭joe1303l

A bird in the hand and all that, keep your €1500 as you’ll never get it all back when you go to sell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭usernameunknown

Does anyone know why Tesla low ball on trade ins? I recently out of interest looked for a valuation on a 231 MY with less than 1k on the clock.

low balled by 20k from what I paid back in April.

either they don’t think their cars are worth much or they have another unknown reason as to why they don’t want the car.

any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,936 ✭✭✭✭josip

Tesla don't want 2nd hand cars, they offer them to the trade.

They don't have a dealership and main interest is seeling new cars.. Trade ins are offered as a convenience but usually put out to the trade soliciting interest (thats two parties that need a cut). When new Teslas had long wait times there was a demand for second hand Teslas and they paid up and shifted them at near new price.. That dynamic has changed...so all down to market forces. You are best selling privately

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭usernameunknown

Ok thank you. I don’t want to sell (absolutely love the car and no other car ticks as many boxes for me) it I was just curious as they never seem to have second hand cars (or very few if any) so wondered what value they would offer. On Carzone there are plenty on sale in and around market price so second hand market must exist!

cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Traders got badly burned on any Teslas they had in stock when Tesla floored the prices on new cars. They don’t want them unless they come cheap enough.

• Advertisement

Nothing new I am sure but every insurance company today sent my quote off to underwriter.

Isnt Tesla arguably carrying some of the highest tech in terms of safety and security...insurance companies should be fighting to insure them?

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

Have a new Pixel 7a and on a vodafone plan

All connectivity between it and the MY is faultless, except voice calls.

After a few minutes of chat the call will drop and immediately reconnect but the other party will not be able to hear the occupant of the MY

I have to drop the call and ring them back. The issue has survived through updates of both the phone and car, re-pairing the BT connection, reboot, soft reboot of car and phone make no difference.

Anyone see this before ?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Blup Blup Blup

Picked up my Tesla Model Y on Monday and it's already been clipped by a van 🤦‍♂️

Driver left the scene but everything was caught by the Sentry camera system so I was able to track him down. Amazing system - if you're on the fence about buying one of these over a Kia or Hyundai or whatever it really is a gamechanger that would be easy to overlook. I'd have been high and dry without it. On that note, has anyone got any recommendations for a SSD drive over the thumb drive supplied?

Car itself is fab - very happy with it. Feels genuinely different to anything I've driven before. Jury's out on Tesla vision's accuracy but it's performing a bit better than expected so far. Got a really good set of wheel covers from AliExpress. Completely change the look of the car while keeping the efficiency and comfort benefits of having the 19" tyres. One thing to watch for if you're looking for a set is how they handle the air valve. Some look like they're very hard to get the nozzle cap off but the set I have works great.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,316 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Is it just plug and play?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Neptune1

I had to cancel my order today. I was told that they would not be refunding my deposit as I had a test drive and so the distance selling rules do not apply.

Can anyone confirm if this is correct?

Has anyone received a refund and took a test drive?

Does anyone know who best to check this with?

We received 2 deposit refunds and had 3 test drives (in Dec/Jan). Not sure if Tesla have a valid case, but that reason/excuse has been popping up more in the past month than previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Remind them you paid your deposit online , not in store so distance selling still applies.

Mention its Irish law also in case the person you are chatting to is in the UK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Duine_Eigin

Yeah, the same thing happens to me (7a too). I had a Pixel 6a when I first got the car and it didn't happen at all. As a workaround, I end the call and ring the person back on WhatsApp. Doesn't seem to drop out then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

damn its the pixel then, even asked in here before buying it, guess they were too new

all I can do is hope for an update on the phone

In the Tesla App, my charging is showing as 16A, yet I get >7kWh on board every hour and this is corroborated by our meter consumption. Is this correct ? I thought I'd only get 7kWh @ 32A

7kw is 32a alright. Well there or there’s abouts. I actually get 7.4 kw due to voltage

If you’re taking on 7 kWh in an hour then all good. Post a screen shot.

This is what the App looks like, no option to increase beyond 16A.

Yet hourly consumption is 7.4 kWh according to EI and usually over 2 hours I can top up the LR battery by 19%

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Bovakinn

If you start the charging session, does it automatically pop up to 32A? Mine defaults to 16A when the car is plugged in and not charging, but goes right to 32 the moment charging begins.

Yes, it does. And now it's showing 32A as the default when I've stopped charging. Is there a valid technical reason why it would default to 16A in the App display and not provide a higher option to be selected even though 32A had always been available from that charger/location?

Post edited by josip on

That means the car is receiving only 16a. As I said across your various posts, adjust the Zappi settings.

I find that display when charger plugged in but not charging often shows 16A but when charging starts it reverts to higher value, for so long as your whole domestic consumption is not putting too much pressure/demand on the system in which case load management drops the rate to the EV (As it should) . But if you are consuming 7.4KW per hour you are getting the max and I suspect during charging if you check your Tesla Mobile app it will most likely show you are charging at 32A

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Bovakinn

My guess is that when you're plugged in and not charging, there's no communication between the charge point and the car, so the car isn't aware of the current that the charge point can deliver. Only when charging starts is that information communicated. As for why it's listed as 16A when not charging, it may be an arbitrary value that was chosen as it's the halfway point to the maximum single-phase current. It's only a guess though.

Advertisement