Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waterford Cencus 2022

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭azimuth17

Very interesting thank you. The Carlow growth ahead of Kilkenny is interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭Dexpat

I've added the previous table into this post rather than as an attachment. I know some people will be wary of opening attachments.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 The CW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Dunmoreroader

Any data available on the Metro populations for each city based on the 2022 Census?

Also OP, please amend spelling for thread title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭Dexpat

I don't think the census directly shows metropolitan areas (I'm open to correction on that). They have developed objective criteria to show urban areas but maybe metro areas are more subjective. Commuting patterns are usually applied, and Euro Stat do that for the EU, but I'm not sure that it has been applied here by the CSO in the census.

The last of the population releases will be at the end of September which will show small area population statistics (SAPS). This will include all the detailed population figures and spreadsheets. The methodology by which these small areas are applied to towns and cities is not clear to me though. It seems other government departments/agencies are able to do that.

I suppose that's the problem people have here with metro areas and how it apples to Waterford. There is something on Wikipedia (below) which shows metro areas. It gives a rough approximation. Tramore certainly is included in Waterford's metro area. It probably incorporates the latest census urban areas figures but can't have included the changes to the outlying 'small areas'. It also doesn't seem to reflect the figures used by various government agencies.

I'd be interested if anyone can show the methodology used in calculating metro areas.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_metropolitan_areas_in_Ireland

Advertisement