Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kraftwerk - Trinity Summer Series

Options
  • 27-06-2023 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭

Anyone know stage times for this and whether there is support.

Says gates at 7

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭Fanirish

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

An email I got from Ticketmaster mentioned Kraftwerk at 8:30, which makes sense as the show is around 2 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Granite Head

Beth Orten finished @ 8.00pm tonight, TWoD on at 8.35pm finished 10.20pm

2024 Gigs and Events: Jarlath Regan, Depeche Mode, Roisin Murphy, Pip Blom, Nouvelle Vogue, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, Murder Capital, Pixies, The Stranglers, Liam Gallagher & John Squires, The Jesus & Mary Chain, DJ Shadow, Cam Cole, Fight Like Apes, The Hives, Somebody's Child, Kacey Musgraves, Sprints, Nadine Shah, Jane Weaver, Bob Log lll, Jimmy Carr, Richard Hawley, Beyond The Pale, LCD Sound System, Patti Smith, Night & Day Festival, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, The Beat, All Together Now, Electric Picnic, Bonny Prince Billy, Phospherescant, Ride, Dirt Birds, Arab Strap, Tommy Tiernan, The Last Dinner Party, John Grant, Iron & Wine x2, Therapy, Ezra Collective, Nick Cave, Peter Hook & The Light, Idles, Khruangbin, Lightning Seeds, Fontaines DC, Amble

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭laros

I was at the gig in Limerick last night , no support & Kraftwerk came on stage around 8.20pm or so and finished at 10.30pm or so . very enjoyable gig as well...😁

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭pjcb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Looking forward to this. Woohoo. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭martco

I've never seen Kraftwerk live but heading in tonight

wondering what kind of an outdoor gig is it?

I have visons of perfection on stage and a sedate theatre going audience taking it all in? (lol no moshpits for a change and happy about that)

any hints welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Am also looking forward to this tonight. The weather is holding up nicely. Trinity is a great spot for these gigs.

Beautiful evening, beautiful venue and beautiful concert. Feel privileged to see this. There music still sounds futuristic and timeless and some of the stuff is so profoundly relevant today. Radioactivity was stunning. Tour de France beautiful ... Ralf Hütter is the remaining founder and 76 if I Wikipedia right. Amazing.

Post edited by SuperBowserWorld on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Kraftwerk were absolutely brilliant tonite. I'm so glad I didn't miss this gig, only got the ticket today.

They were much harder and funkier and edgier tonite than I remember them ten years ago at Longitude, with a good dose of contemporary German techno woven through the hits. These guys move with the times and aren't phoning it in with lazy nostalgia.

Sound was excellent, crowd were good as the night went on but a lot of chat in the first 40 mins or so - crowd treated them more like electronic backdrop to a garden party than an actual show.

With so many electro acts on the go now it's easy to forget that KW still outpass them all.

No gripes re TCD as venue except that horrible white plastic sheeting - I know they want to protect the grass but couldn't they get something that looks more "grassy"???!!!

Anyway Kraftwerk tonite: 10 / 10

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭martco

so glad I went now

I know about their relevance and so I was wondering if it would be like a trip to the museum, reverence and fascination

and having just been to the Chemical Bros just the other night you could clearly identify the seeds for them and so many many others

BUT at the end of the day/night....taken on it's own it was simply one of the best things I've spent €50 on in a long time....plain straight entertainment!

loved Radioactivity

• Registered Users Posts: 34,988 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

What a great gig. No chatterers where I was anyway, about halfway back for the first half

Then I gradually worked my way up to the front, got to about row 3 no bother, the bass was like getting whomped in the chest! Couldn't stay there for more than a couple of minutes because my ears were starting to hurt!

Sound was very good but it seemed to get louder and louder as the show went on, I was happiest at the back by the end! Wish I'd brought earplugs actually. Easily the loudest outdoor gig I've ever been at.

Looked absolutely fantastic too as expected. Wish Beck had made an effort with the visuals last year - nothing but a few crappy coloured lights.

Plenty of time to grab some food afterwards, hop on a bus, home by 12... you just can't beat that.

The Roman Catholic Church is beyond despicable, it laughs at us as we pay for its crimes. It cares not a jot for the lives it has ruined.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭mrk75

I thought they were great as well. I would have had a passing knowledge of them only but got a ticket as it was reasonably priced (by today's standards) and was always curious about them. I was on the verge of not bothering but so glad I did.

It was hilarious to see the stage set-up...four computer stands that looked like they came straight from IKEA. It looked like Celebrity Catchphrase Live...but what a show and what a sound. The bass fairly rattled the ribs...! It just shows that poor sound at other gigs is really just laziness and cutting corners. You can get it right if you really want to.

It was a real eye-opener that these guys were pioneers 40-50 years ago of cutting edge stuff...20 years ahead of Chemical Brothers and the likes.

Yeah, Radioactivity was a belter. Lovely to hear The Model and Neon Lights and Autobahn was fun, fun, fun.

Crowd was fine where I was over by Ralf's side. You could get up close to the front no bother. A few folk dancing but not much chat, which was good. Think most people were just there in reverential mode!

An honour and a privilege, it has to be said...

Autobahn was fun, fun, fun

I see what you did there

The Roman Catholic Church is beyond despicable, it laughs at us as we pay for its crimes. It cares not a jot for the lives it has ruined.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭El Director

Damn it! Was sick all week and I have Interpol tickets tonight as well. If I went last night and tonight I’d have been pushing my luck. Great to hear it was brilliant though.

one question- what time do gigs in TCD finish at?

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭whelzer

They cant go over 10:30.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

When I saw them last year in an indoor venue, the sound was amazing - loud but still tons of definition. They really have mastered that.

I didn't find it too loud, and I was near the front. The bass was impressive though. Thought the music was crystal clear and no distortion. The calm summer night was perfect for that too.

The first support act for Depeche mode a couple of weeks ago was ridiculously loud. I definitely had to stick in ear plugs for that.

The location, price, easy access, great weather, no messing made it the best outdoor concert for me in a long long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭ellee

They were fantastic, such an enjoyable show though I was surprised there were no 3d glasses?

Crowd was lovely and to go to a gig like that right in the middle of the city was just amazing. Brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Just Mustard were louder than Depeche Mode. Stewards handed out earplugs to people on the barrier. It was indeed ridiculous.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Quick question boys and girls! Going tomorrow for Roisin Murphy hasn't been to Trinity before for a gig where exactly is the back entrance? Trying to plan ahead where I have to go in town cause have to find somewhere to watch the GAA first. Someone told me it's near Pearse street station thats all I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Walk on up Nassau Street, the Lincoln is on the corner, on past that is the back gate, just before Kennedy's pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Stillill42

No bother, enjoy it. I mean it's Roisín, of course you will!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Kraftwerk were so good Thursday night so much am thinking of travelling to another date on their current Euro tour. To see that show indoors would be unreal. And yes it was very loud but pleasurably so!

The 3D shows are specifically billed as such. Didn't bother me one bit anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Groups next to use chatting through the whole Roisin Murphy gig, barely even looked up, teated it as a meetup. Would wreck your head as there was people crying out for tickets to see her.

We moved as much as we could but christ people can be some pain in the hole.

Advertisement