Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭lostboy75

Bought in a Seiko 5 bundle, 4 watches, two working, two not, but I knew that.

This was one of the non working, that actually works fine. From 1955 iirc. Edit, mixed up, from Aug 1968, so 55 years old

Not a great time keeper, more than likely badly needs a service, entry from glass side only so I haven't seen the insides.

Anyone any thoughts on whether it would be worth getting serviced? I think it would as while I originally really wasn't sure on the design, it's getting a surprising amount of wrist time and I now quite like it.

Came with a bracelet, but a little battered, and much to small for my wrist. That strap was my first purchase in that style and used it to try out the watch, that's was quite a while back, and I think I'll stick with it.

Post edited by lostboy75 on

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Issued 1943 ReichsLuftfahrtMinisterium RLM Wagner today. Maybe I should have worn it last weekend... Level upon level of ironies all over the place.

Post edited by Wibbs on

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I'd get it serviced myself LostBoy. OK chances are it won't ever be a great timekeeper, but it's a cool looking watch imho. Interestingly it's got more of a 70's vibe that a 60's. I had a PDF of a late 60's Seiko catalogue saved somewhere and what I noticed was how ahead they were of thee Swiss on what would become Swiss design elements in the 70's. I suppose they could take more style risks than most of the usually pretty staid Swiss companies.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭IrishPlayer

On way home after another trip to the Birmingham watch fair. Didn't end up getting anything this time around but great to meet up with some of the regulars and chat with new people.

Here's some of the spots (Wibbs would of enjoyed it today! 😉)

Was asking for £4,900 for it.

This was the highlight of the day!

Longines " Tuna Can" from I believe around the 1940s. Extremely cool watch! Here's more details about it https://finest-hour.co.uk/product/longines-c-o-s-d-tuna-can-british-military-wristwatch-c-1945/

Would of loved to take it home with me, but for £8.500 sadly it wasn't going to be 😁 Great feel to the case, you could tell it was made to be worn hard!

Also spotted this Omega Memomatic that was missing parts

Thinking of a possible future project but not for the £890 he wanted.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Longines COSD. #drool. 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,987 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Wow I've never seen that COSD before, absolutely beautiful!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

A quick and dirty/blurry photo. I think this is the first time I've sought out a model I previously owned - it's the one I regret selling the most. Not thrilled I sold low and (re)bought high, but them's the breaks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Lovely. Write a note to yourself and stick it in the box, in case you think of selling it again!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 happyguitar

I surprised myself that I bought this watch. I got it for the movement - Peseux 7001 hand wind with Glycudur balance and Incabloc shock. It keeps spot on time out of the box.

It has curved sapphire crystal and the strap is actually pretty nice, shiny patent leather faux croc. I'm getting over the goofy retro art nouveau numbers and tourneau case shape. The recessed subdial is nicely done with a tourneau outline.

It's getting hard to find reasonably priced hand wind watches, especially other than eta 280x or China/Japan, and the Peseaux 7001 has been used in such as Nomos, Omega, Stowa. At $404 US new with manufacturers warranty I'm happy even if it's something oddball that I wouldn't normally buy. It's a Tissot heritage Porto.

Post edited by happyguitar on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

I tried one of these on in Greece recently and loved it so I picked one up second-hand for a good price as waiting for the fabric strap to arrive before posting a pic. It's an Erika's Original MN Strap.

Nice to have the bracelet for work events but it will be on the fabric strap most of the time.

No more watches for me that's me done..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 happyguitar

Irishgrimŕeaper

"No more watches for me that's me done.."

Where have I heard that before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Tudor looks sweet as, well wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Nice acquisition, well wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Not a new watch but a new watch box. I have been deliberating over buying this for literally years, couldn’t make my mind up if I liked the burr finish or not, then he started to make one with a normal walnut finish and I decided I preferred the burr. Very happy with it and now wish I had done it when I originally came across them.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,442 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

In the post this morning 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Pael

The latest addition to the daily rotation, a Tissot PRX Powermatic 80 - the automatic alternative to the original quartz version.

Like i find with all things from the house of Swatch at entry level mechanical pricing points, it is excellent bang for a very modest amount of buck. My only gripe is the lume is so sparingly applied as to be useless, other than that, very pleased with it for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,987 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Been waiting for someone on here to pick one of them up! Have been going back and forth of buying one for ages.

What do you think of it so far? Looks absolutely stunning in the photos.

Yeah it's class and those pictures were taken indoors. But I'm a sucker for sunburst blue dials, so I am not objective here. Lovely domed crystal too. I see U-BOAT as the new Panerai really. Big and bold and simple dial. And suitable for larger wrists. 2 spare holes in the decent enough rubber strap, so suitable up to nearly 9' wrist.

Also just a 2 hander, so you wouldn't know it's quartz. And with this newer generation watch, it's super easy to change the battery yourself too. It has it's own little compartment

One thing that annoys me already (not the watch's fault) is that hole 4 out of 7 is too tight and hole 5 out of 7 is just a bit too loose :-(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

That's lovely and on my list - actually bought one from a crowd in the UK but they couldn't fulfill after 4 months...

I'm torn between the green and blue now as in some pics the green looks very dark, how is it in real life?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Got this yesterday, it's quite different to others I own, but looking forward to getting used to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

• Registered Users Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Quote Unkle "One thing that annoys me already (not the watch's fault) is that hole 4 out of 7 is too tight and hole 5 out of 7 is just a bit too loose "

Quote Slutmonkey57b "That's a lovely box"

My mind is in the gutter

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Pael

The Green is very dark - at a casual glance in typical light you would think its off black. You need strong sun or artificial light to bring out the green. I would like the green a bit more obvious but id say its a fine line, go too brightly green and it would look cheap.

@Slutmonkey57b

It took just under 2 weeks to arrive (delivered to ni)

@Fitz II 'My mind is in the gutter'

A joy forever as they say 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 4,606 ✭✭✭Treppen

As China goes, it's not a bad automatic for €50.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Is that the one from TZ? It was that one that sparked my other thread. Looks lovely, how does it wear?

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Nice collection of Tudors there .How does the pelagos LHD compare to the 39mm pelagos?

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭jefferson73

Underwater Love: Faith No More

• Advertisement

The 39 is my latest purchase so I’m probably slightly biased on favouring it. I like the sheen of the bezel on the 39 versus the all matt of the lhd but I think there is still enough variation between the two of them to allow me to keep wearing both.

Advertisement