Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abbey topper parts?

• 13-06-2012 9:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭

Lads i havte a trailed topper belt driven with three rollers, i asked the guy today in abbey for the centre roller and he said they cant be found. anyone know where i can find them thats if its possible. bloody dont want to buy a new topper:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Try Michael in MJ Kelly Ltd, Ballygar Co. Galway
    (090) 66 24545

They are abbey dealers. You never know what they could have in their parts store..... worth a try.

Hope you get sorted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

what do you mean the three rollers?

do you mean three pulleys and hence three blades underneath?

If so I think they might be the same as rossmore ones of a similar era, and seemingly bits cant be got for them either, but rossmore are able to alter their ones.

Might be able to alter your abbey to suit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

sorry ya its the pulley, i welded the middle one back on last year so ill prob need a new one, ill ring rossmore and abbey galway, sound lads:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

stick a pic of what you want up and should be able to direct you to supplier. not seeing it but maybe reliance bearings would be worth a call http://www.reliancebearing.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

kevthegaff wrote: »
    ....i asked the guy today in abbey for the centre roller and he said they cant be found. .....
    It's an Abbey topper and Abbey can't get you the part. Very strange.
    At the very least, they would have the dimensional sizes. Could they fax you through a drawing even? You could get someone to 'turn you up one' (machine one) in a machine-shop.

http://www.abbeymachinery.com/abbey-machinery/about/contact-us.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 208 ✭✭kingstown

It's an Abbey topper and Abbey can't get you the part. Very strange.

Came across that before - Abbey unable to offer support on some parts.

Best bet is to ask for a list of dealer's (past as well as current dealers) and ring around. You might be lucky and find a dealer who has the part in stock.
    Otherwise depending on the condition of the rest of the machine you will have to get a local engineering company to modify the pulley's to a common or standard type readily available off the shelf with any supplier.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 AMurph1979

Try Michael Hurley farm machinery in Bandon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Kev, did you ever source a pulley for your Abbey?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Jesus I can hardly remember! I bought a new conor instead! I've just figured out how old it is now..

Advertisement