Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022 Executive Officer Civil Service

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 dublindoyle2023

Hi Everyone, i passed the EO and received a message that i have been assigned to National Parks and Wildlife Service, i believe its under the Dept of Housing and Heritage.

Anyone know is there blended working? The Dept i am currently in has blended working.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Help_Dubai

It seems to be just a brief application at this stage? The full competency examples application must only be required if you score high enough in the aptitude tests and are invited to interview? Makes sense I guess, not wasting applicants or public jobs time with applications that don’t progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Rebel90

Anyone know is Cork panel moving over the summer? Was at 48 a few weeks ago… thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 user1250

Hi

I recently got placed to the office of revenue commissioners does anyone know anything about their wfh, flexi etc.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭furrybones

I believe Revenue is 1 day in the office, but only after 9 months training - which is 5 days in the office.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Sunshine_21

Hi All

Update for Longford open 33 & Westmeath open 91

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭westhamlady

Update for Kerry 68 open

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭WednesdayGirl

Hi VanBer, I work in DOE Athlone, got 3 days WFH after a few months training. You under consideration for job there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭Dohvolle

What county? Blended working varies between branches. Some work 2 days in the office per week, others work 1 day in the office every 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Teresa94

Longford has been on 33 since March 2023, any idea what the hold up is? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭NigelB770

Donegal are on 5 🤦‍♂️ they were on 4 about 3 months ago. Extremely slow moving for some reason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Any recent update on Kildare? I emailed about a month ago and they were on about 100 open

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Capella10

Did you start last week? How did you find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ox?gen

I am currently an ASO in a local authority and have accepted an EO offer. When I asked about pay (it would be a big financial hit to start at the first point in the scale) HR told me I would have to apply for incremental credit once I'm in the job. This seems risky if they don't consider the roles analogous or this as a promotion as it would take me a long time to build back up to what I'm on now. Does anyone have any experience going from ASO to EO and successfully moving to a higher starting point on the scale? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rsl1976

I didn't change grade but I joined the civil service about 12 years after leaving a local authority. I had to start on point 1 and then apply for the increased point on the scale, only took a couple of weeks at the time. No reason you shouldn't get it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

I was told same by Revenue few years ago so didnt take the offer. I was with public service at the time. When I joined Dept Social Protection, their HR had no issue sorting my starting salary and had it written into my contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 trisha1981higgins

Hi Jessica i was 26 for longford did inter 16th March got placed 6 on panel the first 5 have been placed but I still haven't been offered anything

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JiminyCricket2

Got update from PAS, assigned to the Courts, how long until HR contact about start date etc? Currently in private sector so keen to get moving.

Also is there any potential for blended working in this area?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭WHIreland

I work for DSP I work from home 4/5 days a week in the NPT been doing so since I started not finished probation yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭WHIreland

Just received a letter expressing if I am still interested in Westmeath? I’m in the late 90s… is this a guaranteed interview with a potential job then or would they just keep interviewing and keeping you on the panel. Kind of confused as last time I was on here Westmeath didn’t get passed OOM 3 lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭westhamlady

How long after interview do results come out ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JiminyCricket2

I had interview mid May, then notified of panel position on 01/06 as well as Eligibility checks same day. Got notified of position on 12/06 pending checks. Garda clearance came through on 03/07 after 2 wks. Then PAS confirmed department same day. Fairly quick turnaround.

Any idea how long it takes from PAS confirmation to Hr contacting about the actual role?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 nmcd94

Hi,

Did anyone go for the Comms Officer, EO Level? I have had my interview etc, just wondering if anyone has had any updates?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭blondie1985

It all depends what department you are in. Some give wfh straight away others seem to be after couple of months and then some after 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Poolbabe

In my experience. Sat the interview end of May. Had the results 1st June. Pre clearance checks began the next day and then PAS looked for reference the following Thursday. My boss submitted it to my hr and I had heard within the hour of it being submitted that I was staying in the same department and heard the next day of my new office. My start date was exactly a month after the interview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭Dohvolle

EOIs have gone out for Cork. (Interview stage)

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭336699

EOIs for interview in Tipperary were issued this week too.

Not sure if u saw my post I was 26 for longford had interview 16th March placed 6th on panel. First 5 have been placed so I should be next but no movement in two months. Have u interviewed yet

Hi I was 26 for longford did interview 16th March and placed 6th first 5 have been placed but I've heard nothing in two months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Eoin2231

I think your current AP/HEO will need to release you so it could be 2 or 3 weeks, it may depend how big the unit you're currently in is. If you're in a large unit, you might be released quickly enough, whereas if you're in a small unit your manager might hold off releasing you until you have a replacement sorted.

Advertisement