Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cookery course recommendation

• 03-07-2023 3:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭

Anyone able to recommend somewhere for a day (or half-day) cookery course?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Any particular style of cooking / geographic cuisine you're interested in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭MacDanger

Would be interested in any style really - looking to get something as a birthday present

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,170 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Post edited by the beer revolu on

Anywhere tbh - looking at a couple of places in Cork & Belfast at the moment but would be happy to travel anywhere in Ireland I'd say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭squonk

To be honest it’s hard to recommend any course if the requirements are so open. I’d imagine you’d want to focus on a particular type of cuisine or a location. I’d say there are hundreds of courses running throughout the country especially this time of the year. I think given your open requirements I’d suggest the likes of Ballymaloe or Neven Maguire. Haven’t looked at them but they’re pricey I’d say but good. Again what kind of budget have you? Maybe think about cuisine, preferred location and budget and also quality of course and people might be able to provide more pointers.

• Advertisement

I'm leaning towards something in Dublin Cookery School at this stage - they seem to have the widest range of dates & courses available. Either that or Waterman House in Belfast.

We've been to Dunbrody which is v good; Ballymaloe has one date in Nov which might suit; Nevin only has one date listed online and that's waitlist only; Cooks Academy seems to be gone. Was just hoping someone might have been to something other than that which they'd recommend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I've heard a few people recommend Picado in Dublin (https://www.picadomexican.com/collections/in-person-classes) but I haven't been myself. Mexican style cookery, if that's your thing. I have bought supplies from them before and they were great for making home Mexican stuff.

Advertisement