Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queens of the Stone age

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,440 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

There's platinum standing, so yeah there's some left. They'll go back on sale at usual price when they aren't going to sell them, would just have to wait

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭Fanirish

Platinum standing tickets available for double the price of the general sale standing tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Ironman76

Thanks. Yeah just seeing it now.

Holy crap!! They can keep it.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭sp00k

The hell is a platinum standing ticket? I can sort of see how they can get away with (although it's still criminal) making better seats 'platinum', but platinum standing is taking the piss altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,440 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Literally thinking this. Then I thought golden circle sure, but at least you get something for that. First time seeing it for standing. How it gets around legislation is beyond me

• Advertisement

Same rationale as why is a flight to Manchester on a Saturday is more expensive after the premier league schedule is released.

not agreeing with practice but it’s essentially surcharge on people wanting to buy last few standing tickets before it sells out.

The legislation merely covers no touting above face value of a ticket.

as ticketmaster/promoter in this case Mcd/band agree the platinum prices it’s face value is €110 as it was never sold originally for cheaper.

now if it doesn’t sell at this price it will be just released as general standing ticket at lower price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,149 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

It did sell for cheaper though, there doesn't appear to be any difference between regular and platinum standing other than the price. They can get away with it for seats but doubling the price of standing after they sell a certain number of tickets is absolutely taking the piss.

Irish legislation is about the reselling of tickets above face value. The platinum tickets they offer weren’t previously sold, therefore not resold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭Zardoz

The legislation is rubbish, all it has done is make Ticketmaster king tout.

They are manipulating the demand, the supply and the prices.

The Qotsa even have the cheek to have resale restrictions in the UK yet sell Platinum and dynamic which is a clear violation of the recommendations in the UK.

If you have resale restrictions you aren't supposed to have Platinum and Dynamic pricing.

Literally thinking this. Then I thought golden circle sure, but at least you get something for that. First time seeing it for standing. How it gets around legislation is beyond me

This was flagged by a number of TDs before , I think it was Mick Wallace but most of the other TD's thought Platinum/Dynamic pricing was VIP tickets, they were completely ignorant.

They snuck that law in during Covid using the Euro 2020 games as an excuse to implement it, despite the fact Dublin was never going to host a game.

Its only getting worse here I'm afraid there is platinum now for almost every event, look at Melanie Martinez in the 3Arena, 185 euro platinum tickets being sold despite the fact the upper tier is being held back at the moment.

People are being priced out of events, Michael Rapino CEO of Livenation made $139m last year, yes $139m.

He and the other robber barons have the audacity to say that they want to reform ticketing in the US to help the public get tickets, all he cares about is milking them dry.

• Advertisement

in regards to Melanie Martinez it looks like they decided to have the curtain up on the upper tier and limit capacity to 8,000. Not necessarily a tactic to inflate prices but rather they don’t think demand is there for another 5,000 seats at the back.

the band are to blame as much as people want to paint ticketmaster as evil. They decide to allow dynamic/platinum.

realistically if legislation planned dynamic or platinum they will just change the package to include early entry or a laminate or a t shirt and still charge the €110 for standing ticket

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭Zardoz

The upper tier will be opened soon, once they have sold a good few platinum.

Yes the bands are as bad as Ticketmaster.

The legislation was just optics. Keep resale out of the public domain.

The same street touts are still in operation it would seem and Twitter and social media are teeming with scammers.

Toutless does a good job but its not without risks, as bad as Viagogo and Stubhub were you had a guarantee if your tickets were invalid and they acted as competition for Platinum and Dynamic.

You could often pick up tickets on there for much less than face value for events if you were shrewd.

The secondary market here needed regulation and competition not a ban.

now they just didn’t she could do the extra thousands of seats, they may open up them up if she sells out the lower tier. Suppose they are trying to estimate her demand here.

again dynamic and platinum aren’t secondary market but need to be examined.

Tickets going up now for asking price. Just grabbed three. 🤘🤘

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

There is standing at normal prices to be clear at the moment.

I got standing tickets. Applogies, should have mentioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,615 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

They were bloody brilliant at Glasto !!!

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,568 ✭✭✭brevity

Tempted to go to this.

No standing though. Might just have to go for seated.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭VM Varga

Seeking three standing tickets (not paying for premium BS). I’d take seated at a push.

There’s seating in H and M Sections on Ticketmaster now - which are better than what was up there a few days’ ago.

Anyone have an opinion whether standing or seated tickets might appear in due course?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,752 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

...keep a very close eye on sales over the time leading to the gig, its very likely standing tickets will become available from extra production tickets and resales, but this wont be announced so you ll have to keep an eye yourself very regularly....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Saw them last night in Poland. They are on fire. Band are happy to be playing.

Josh has new found energy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭mollser

Watched their set from glasto last night, incredible, had the energy of the some of the reading festival gigs from the 90's, green day etc. Crowd absolutely delirious at it! Savage and definitely getting a ticket for this now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,819 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Not a QOTSA fan, but also caught their Glastonbury slot and they may well have been the best sounding act of the weekend.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

It's fairly easy to get down to the standing area in the 3Arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭VM Varga

Thanks. I didn’t know that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

And Greta Van Fleet playing the week before. If we can get good tickets definitely a week to look forward to.

However I definitely wouldn't pay TM anything over the initial published price though. Platinum standing - are they having a fookin laugh.

Interestingly and you couldn't get an act further from QOTSA than Kylie Minogue - Kylies concerts were legendary down the years but her last tour was dire and it was the first time I experienced sheep pen standing in the 3Arena with various standing areas - and unlike general standing I ended up not being able to see a thing and going home early.

If Platinum Standing translates into the standing area in there being compartmentalised then if I don't secure a seat ticket then I won't bother my ar$e going at all.

Block j - row 45 = €69

Block j - row 33 - €100 ('official platinum ticket') ?????

Block m - r0w 34 = €139 ('official platinum ticket') ?????

Block e - row 29 = €160 ('official platinum ticket') ?????

Lots of seated tickets - No standing apparently ..... (want to sell most expensive ones first???)

• Advertisement

Standing would go first at queens of the Stone Age show

Advertisement