Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,589 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

A lot of the Hi-Ace headstones are done on Sketch-Up, Joe.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 82,737 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

As a chisseler in primary school the acid rain was destroying all stone on the historic buildings in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,333 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

The Russian embassy staff are probably applying for transfers to Siberia today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,062 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Are there no kitties stuck up a tree in North Dubalin as they say.

Loifloin is going from bad to worse.

Remember the good old days, Vershatchi patches and Palmaryians. J'sus those were the days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭Archduke Franz Ferdinand

He loves playing with his organ ……so to speak

• Registered Users Posts: 25,235 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Listening to Lahvlahn

• Registered Users Posts: 17,946 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Actually kind of amazed Joe didn't go near the tragedy in Greece.

• He’s deliberately trolling us… the thing shall not be discussed

I was a big fan of Fred Dibnah back in the day. Watched all his documentary and bought the Videos and CD's

Fred never went to work without a box of sandwiches, jaffa cakes, a flask of tea and 40 cigarettes. R.I.P. Fred.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Joe obviously had a gun to his head the two days he discussed Tubsgate. Since then the pressure is obviously off and the usual list of topics that cannot be discussed now applies

Joe almost mentioned The Thing

• Registered Users Posts: 82,737 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

'Controversy' in RTE...it hasn't yet occured to him how holed below the waterline RTE are as an organisation.

Wasn't Kevin O Kelly Religious correspondent for RTE or am I mixing him up with someone else.

He makes it sound like it's just a minor disagreement.

As the now top-earner, he'd better keep his head down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Kalimah

God almighty. The guy said he was Kevin O'Kelly's son not five minutes ago, and Duffy has just asked is he Kevin O'Kelly's son!!

Not listening as usual - he's a disgrace.

• That was a dreadful show

Such a professional.

Gets a caller on with a minute to go, fluffs it up and gets into the gabble at the end. Sounded like a mad turkey, there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

"The loine is gone" sez Joe when it obviously wasn't but it was 3pm and time for him to get off on his merry way.

'all our comput... er contributors'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,013 ✭✭✭shearforce

Quite possibly this could be Joe's favourite ever topic

dublin

dubs

the shelbourne

posh sounding dubs

cemetery

mentions of headstones in Glasnevin

salt of the earth type dubs

old stories about dublin...made up lies really

• Registered Users Posts: 7,514 ✭✭✭Tow

I don't think Joe is worried. He has made his money, passed retirement age and has a contract for another two years.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Wurtest Lahvlahn ever

• Registered Users Posts: 7,514 ✭✭✭Tow

Yes Ray, you need to pay BIK to de Revenue on those berries.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

So Ray finds the situation in RTÉ amusing, they're all completely tone deaf.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

I don’t think you understand what revisionism means, did not realise the CofI cared so much about Irish lands being given away from the natives - that’s a new take!

Someone should tell Arlene Foster

CofI was a sister church for the new British state religion - the Anglican “true Catholic Church” as per a king decapitating his many wives because he couldn’t get a divorce.

It was the British Church in Ireland, but not of Ireland,

your argument is like saying the “Irish” regiments of the British army were the Irish national army (as they had ‘Irish’ in the title)

Incidentally, the British Protestant Churches were not fond of Saints (except the one they named their flag after)

the St Patrick stuff was added to add some sort of legitimacy, like how royalty would claim be descended from some previous king,

St Patrick did not found his own Catholic Church and break from Rome a millennium before Henry the VIII

the western Christian Church was always based in Rome until the narrow state religions came with the Reformation

No one accepts St Patrick has anything to do with the C of I

Wonder would Joe and his Clontarf friends be a fan of these salt of d’earth Dubliners and their musical leanings?

One Church in Ireland has its bosses in London, as I don’t think St Patrick would approve of his churches being covered in British army shrines.

Did not believe C of I actually claimed they weren’t essentially the C of E

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,586 ✭✭✭avfc1874

I've watched clips of his on YouTube, balls of steel, health and safety wasn't that popular back then, tie one ladder to another ladder with a bit of rope, climb up and knock the chimney down, and don't be giving me any of your ole guff about looking for a harness Incase you fall,

Advertisement