Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,210 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

First wearing of my new pyjamas.

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,274 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Spending time with my nephew on his 6th birthday. Same nephew wanting to show me how he can ride his bike with no stabilisers now - even though they had a house full of nannies and grandad's and aunties and uncles there for his birthday 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Chatting to one of my London-based colleagues about the temp here as her nickname for me is snow-white, 20 degrees for her is like -10 to us.

Today she sent me a huge white shawl/scarf which goes all the way around me and is probably knee-length if it's not worn over the head, hurray for Multiculturalism. the useful knowledge it brings to ppl like me.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,258 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Thanks to the Merlin bird app, I heard a bird and my brain said Coal Tit.

See, you can teach an old dog new tricks 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

For the second time in 2 monthsi I’ve left my wallet in the shop , only to have it returned to me . Phew !!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,193 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Just outside the house in Wembley:

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

Walking in the centre, I spotted a greyhound on the path in front of me, a second later I heard shouting,

"Trey out, out tray, goooo. Trey was the greyhound trying to make his way passed the door of the coffee shop which was selling chorizo, ham, egg and salad wraps.

I assume as the tone was amused and they knew the dog's name, s/he does this on a regular basis.

th

Post edited by Bredabe on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,611 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Bohs coming back from 0-2 against an absolute vicious bunch of thuggish urchins…Rovers, and a ref who was seemingly after graduating from the Helen Keller school of refereeing…. How he managed to avoid sending off a Rovers player in that first half…bizarre… still LOI, not much changes..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,085 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Having a takeaway and watching Glasto on the telly with my boys 🖤

wallet was nicked/misplaced a few days back. Likely nicked…. Wasn’t a huge amount of cash in it but it was a nice leather Hugo Boss wallet.

went online looking for a replacement and found the exact same wallet in a menswear shop ten minutes drive away…..although it’s going to set me back 130 euros……be worth it….

• Advertisement

My new wallpaper on my phone.

It's a picture of my daughter smiling holding balloons on her birthday a few days ago ❤️🎈🎈

Recognising his Dublin accent a young boy ran up to my ex in an outdoor coffee shop in London and tried to hug him, Mum explained that their family evacuated out of Ukraine at the last min and her sister is still in Dublin having a great time.

The youngster heard such great stories about Dublin that he wanted to say thanks.

My ex has complex PTSD and this could have set off one of his symptoms but it didn't so he'll feel better for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,313 ✭✭✭Archeron

A big friendly fuzzy curly dog came over to me in a coffee shop. I was playing with her, and booped her nose. Second i did, she sneezed. Big Curly Dog Nose Boop Sneeze Button 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Boiled new potatoes with lashings of butter for tea 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That I have a quarter final to go to in CP , I may book my ticket now 😷😷

A proper hug !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭PoisonIvyBelle

Got a deadly deal on Sept flights to NYC today for less than 400 yoyos! Also got a lovely wee spot in Airbnb in a shared Brooklyn loft for 2 weeks with a workspace in it too. Buzzing :)

Decided to look under the seat in the car, wallet located …285 euros in it, so I’m doubly grateful it didn’t depart…

A hot shower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

might be different elsewhere (other stores) , but were at Longford SV today, and got toasted hang 'n cheese made up at ye deli countere for <a mere> €2.55 !!

not so bad 😁

been a long time since ye Euro come in , but I can't remember a time when ~€2.55 was considered dear for any kind of a sammich 😊

tomatoes nd onions on it too 😄

#willgothereagain :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I gave a 5 star Google review to a garage who checked my car.

It was deserved as I’ve certainly been let down and gotton shoddy service elsewhere so I was happy. A good mechanic is hard to find !!

A few days later they emailed me a €10 voucher that I can use in their shop 😊 Now there isn’t a lot you can buy in a motor shop for 10 euro expect maybe some bulbs so they will get that money back, smart business

I wasn’t expecting anything. TH’d at good customer service

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Scipri0

Making a sandwich yourself that you didn't get ripped of yourself buying!

Watching Glastonbury videos on YouTube and loving the music and atmosphere. I also love seeing two things when watching concerts.

I love it when the camera catches people in the crowd trying to sing along with the song even though they clearly don't know the words to it and I love it when people in the crowd don't realise they're being shown on the big screen and just when they realise and try to pose/wave the camera cuts away! 🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Like us all or most of us anyway I did Irish up to Leaving Cert and I got my result by memorising. I know answers to questions and could explain poems and literature but could barely hold a conversation.

Many years later ha, I found an Irish language teacher on facebook and her enthusiasm was infectious.I signed up for a free lesson. Yes it was free with a pitch at the end for a paid course. I've been around long enough to know internet marketing works

I believed I knew zero Irish but I was surprised at the words and grammars I know. Anyway I signed up for a beginner course and an intermediate course.

I will give it a go ☺️

Not going political, nothing political from me but with all the talk of RTE lately I do find TG4 put out some amazing history documentaries and other great content on a small budget. Bualadh bos TG4

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,193 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

The research institute I work for is having its annual conference. Earlier, there was an interactive seminar about diversity where we could contribute with our phones.

One of the questions was asking what we would need to help promote diversity. The first answer given was heroin.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,942 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Cabbage cooked in the same pot as the bacon 🤤

It's new intake time! they have been here long enough to be comfortable enough to feel their opinions are valid and share them with ppl who realise that that's not always(hardly ever in fact) true.

Even tho the past few years intake has been more attentive and more compassionate there is still a clique who feels the job is really about straight talking and bestowing consequences on ppl who don't do what they are told.

One of these cliques arrived over at my desk yes and asked me very politely why I didn't have a rainbow flag and didn't I respect lgbtq+ ppl as well? As the phone rang before I could crack my standard joke that "I hate everyone equally", I didn't respond to her as the call was about a very fluid situation.

Walked passed the break room today and saw her and the manager on duty who wouldn't say boo to a goose(but is extremely clued in) chatting, I overheard him tell her to mind her manners as "it's well known that while Bb hate everyone equally she does her best for everyone equally"

TH that my catchphrase is working well for me.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

The first shower after a weekend of camping.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

The innocent enjoyment of small kids in just the most ordinary things 😁.

I was parked in a car park today, and as I was leaving a man was walking towards a shop with a little boy about a year old, maybe a bit more. Heading into a bike shop so nothing very exciting from the child's point of view but he was just loving life. Smiling at everything around him.

Out for a drive with his dad, and then a little walk into the shop, so cute. 😁

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I love watching them (not in a creepy way!!) when they see a tractor, a big bus or, jackpot!, a train. If they get to climb up on one, big steps and all, then they can barely contain their joy. Adorable.

Advertisement