Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Def Leppard & Motley Crue 'The WORLD Tour' Tues 4th July 2023 Marlay Park Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Think it was actually during Mammoth WVH, but the pitch was that empty alright. Seemed more a vanity thing for Def Leppard to play that venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

You think they would bump the upper tiers down or offered free swaps from seated to standing, that much empty space on the pitch is embarrassing for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

🚨 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗚𝗘 𝗧𝗜𝗠𝗘𝗦 𝗔𝗡𝗡𝗢𝗨𝗡𝗖𝗘𝗗 🚨 for Def Leppard and Mötley Crüe's show at Marlay Park tomorrow night:

Gates 4pm

Mammoth 6:15pm 

Mötley Crüe

Def Leppard 

Times subject to change.

🎫 > https://bit.ly/3putv2R

• Registered Users Posts: 12 jbrod77

Cannot wait....a bunch of old guys rocking out in the park

• Registered Users Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭furiousox

That's a shocking turnout in Wembley, a half empty pitch and empty seats everywhere! 😲

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭maddness

Def Leopard always put on a great show, I’m really looking forward to the gig. The fact that I can walk home in 10 minutes helps too.

I now have two spare tickets. Happy to take considerably less than purchase price for them.

If this post is not allowed please delete.

Mammoth WVH are very good live

Worth catching if you can get in early

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

I really hope the forecasted lashing rain stays away tomorrow. I don't fancy trekking up there in the muck.

My friend's daughter is 18 - the 18 year old and mate same age went to The Weeknd in Marlay last week but then sold their ticket for Longitude saying the walk and getting home was "too much for them"!!!!!😂 Pampered millennials!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Iggie

I’d be interested in 1@maddness

• Advertisement

On route

Should be a great night, pure 80s cheese at its finest

At least Joe could spend a night in his own bed

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭ciantheod

Any spares folks, live in the area and can meet ahead of time , Fomo setting :(

Is it Heineken inside ?

Good atmosphere in Taylors

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭Fanirish

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭Fanirish

• Registered Users Posts: 29,034 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Few heavy showers earlier, around 7pm, but it seems to be clearing up now.

Local gossip that they only sold 14k tickets, vs 40k capacity for the venue. Between this and Arctic Monkeys cancellation, it's gonna be a lean year in the MCD household.

I'm here and it's still sort of p1ssing down. I missed the downpour, very lucky. Very nice crowd and security given the conditions.

I'm really bad at estimating crowd sizes but there's still a lot of people in there. Does not look empty by any stretch.

However Motley are insanely loud (and I don't usually mind loud). It's Boeing 747 jet engine level. The Wok n Roll truck was actually shaking and the staff were complaining about the volume.

**** yes what a set by crue

• Advertisement

I wouldn't normally post during a gig but looks like another deluge on the way. A lot of people leaving now after Crue (who were fantastic yes but actually too fkin loud)

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭ergo

Living a mile away and "Animal" sounded like it seriously rocked, even from this distance! Might be the way the wind is blowing but it sounds seriously loud

Didn't seem like a huge crowd around the Dundrum area early evening like I've seen before for some Marlay gigs

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Iggie

I think I'm going to cry at how brilliant Def Leppard were in Marlay Park tonite. I don't even have the words for it. Fk me. Just wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,769 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Was at the gig last night and have to agree with the above post, Def Leppard were phenomenal! Crüe we’re about as good as expected, a bit loose at times but nothing much else to complain about. They were definitely playing live tho!

Great gig, not a Crew fan but they were great. Def Leopard we’re as good as ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭1992ChainGang

That was a really brilliant show, kinda had low enough expectations for Crue with all the Vince Neil videos going around but was top class.

I expected a half empty venue but seemed to be pretty busy from what I could see.

We spoke to staff who said there were 20k there last night. It definitely seemed full when DL were on. The walking out after Crue was actually the security letting punters back to their cars to dry off/change and back in again for DL. The rain was consistent but light enough for the main act.

Crowd were absolutely brilliant, great form despite the weather and very attentive no chatting like at a lot of the pop and indie gigs. A lot of younger children, teens and twenties. We had Gold Circle and well worth the extra few bob, could see from any vantage point in there and no obstructions.

Joe Elliot looked a bit despondent for the first few numbers then about one-third of the way through something just happened - some magic I can't put into words - the whole show just took off and the lads just effortlessly went from one heart stopping number to the next with absolute class and professionalism (and I'm not a particular fan!!). The sound wasn't ear crunching like Crue, loud but every element ringing out perfect and of course Rick Allen is an absolute inspiration, I had tears in my eyes watching him. Visuals were great also.

I took the car and managed to get a park (I missed the Marathon bus), my cousin went ahead of me on the bus and got absolutely saturated in that 630pm downpour so I'm glad I missed that!!

Despite the gripes you often hear, Marlay Park is still a brilliant venue, my favourite of all the outdoor venues. Sound is always top notch and great surroundings. We got out from the car park in around 20 minutes, a backlog on Whitechurch Road other than that no problems.

I loved Joe Elliot's Bond-esque sign off - "We WILL be back - you don't forget us, and we won't forget you". I don't think I'll forget last night in a hurry!

What a night of rock, got soaked but was well worth it. My hearing will definitely be sensitive for the next few days but was nice to get value for money sound wise

Mammoth Wvh were pretty good. Wolfie is making his dad proud

Don't care if it was 'pre recorded' but Crue were brilliant. If only Mick Mars was there but what a guartist 'John 5' is (like Mars he definitely the strongest musician of the band imo) Those dancers were something else and Tommy Lee was up to his usual antics, his time on the mic was emm interesting. Vince looked in decent shape and Nikki is one of us now for his passion in waving the tri colour.

Leppard were very good but would of loved too hear 'Wasted'. I'd probably go see them for the 5th time as they always have quality support. Loved hearing 'Foolin' and that version of ' When Love and Hate Collide' was class.

If only it was the same lineup as in the states with Joan Jett and Poison been on the bill

Definitely wasn't a sell out but wasn't overly empty either . Once again Gold Circle was the right choice with plenty of room and everyone in good spirits all night

These nights are a dying breed, treasure them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Good to hear this was a whopper folks. Nice one. Rain looked biblical.

Advertisement