Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭denismc

All the 2023 cars should have OTA updates enabled.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭podge1979

Looks like authorities in the U.S getting involved in charge/Iccu issues now.

Hopefully this will kick Hyundai into a proper customer service experience when dealing with the issues unlike what they've been at up to now.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Ummagumma_78

Heading to France in a few weeks with Ioniq 5. I have chargemyhyundai card. Am I right to assume this should cover most of my public charging needs or should I get Chargemap card as well?

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Hi there.

What's the general consensus on the range you'd expect from the Ioniq 5 58kWh?

Summer motorway vs winter motorway?

Summer mixed vs winter mixed?

Anything in particular to know about the Ioniq5, or the 58kWh version in particular?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭browne_rob5

I think the motorway estimates on this are accurate. I haven't monitored city driving too closely.

https://ev-database.org/car/1476/Hyundai-IONIQ-5-Standard-Range-2WD

I covered Bray to Midleton turning off at Fermoy at the speed limit which is around 265k and arrived with 3% on the June back holiday. On the return journey we went via Dunkettle interchange and I had to slow down to 100k p/h from around Portlaoise to make it home.

I have done Bray to Limerick over winter a few times and think the lowest I ever arrived at was 5%.

My experience in the 58kw Executive ( no heat pump)

Worst consumption for me was a motorway trip from Antrim to Cork in the middle of winter driving at over 120kmh in driving rain, I think the GOM dropped to 225 km on that trip.

Drove from cork to Centerparcs in Longford a few days ago and averaged about 18.5 kWh/ 100km which I thought was very good.

Day to day driving my range goes upto 420km in summer, that's driving on national roads.

I haven't reset the main trip meter since I got the car 18 months ago and it's telling me my average over 45k km is 16kWh/100km which is better than I was expecting.

It's a very efficient car on national roads, but sucks a bit on motorway trips.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Has anyone had a problem with runaway automatic wipers?

If I'm driving in light rain, the wipers will wipe intermittently for the first 3-4 wipes, then start wiping continuously and never go back to intermittent or stop, even if the rain stops. I have to turn them off, wait a second then put them back on auto, but if the rain starts again (or there's spray from traffic, or whatever) the cycle repeats - couple of intermittent wipes, then continuous.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,083 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Had a trip return trip to Dublin today and averaged 19.1kWh/100km.

236 total distance with 170km of that motorway at 120km/h. Was 17° most of the way, rain on the way up and a strong enough head wind on the way home.

Quite happy with that efficiency.

I think the sensor for the windscreen wipers is in the middle of the windscreen behind the the rearview mirror but is open the cabin so it can fog up.

The only time I have had issues like you describe was when the windscreen wasn't fully defogged.

Make sure you keep the windscreen fully defogged.

Also clean the outside of the windscreen with glass cleaner from time to time, grime on the glass might be interfering with the sensor.

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

It wasn't a defogging problem, but scrubbing the windscreen outside the sensor with glass cleaner seems to have sorted it - thanks! Oddly there wasn't any obvious grime on the cloth after cleaning it, but I'll take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tomister

Turned on the car last night to be greeted with the “Check EV System” message and warning light. Will ring the garage today but wondering if anyone has experienced the same? I know my local garage has about 3 weeks lead time for appointments but manual says to refrain from driving…

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Try a few other dealers, it’s warranty work anyway

Have you drove it and if doing so dose it decrease the power/speed. Also if your 12 volt battery goes dead over night (lights infotainment etc. not working) you will then have the ICCU warranty issue.

If you do make sure they order both the ICCU and fuse (one poster here they tried just replacing the fuse and ICCU blew then).

I had this issue don't expect a quick fix I sold my car to another dealer who was fixing it as original dealer wouldn't give me a replacement car.

I passed by the dealers service center an my car was sitting in the same location as I left it 4 weeks ago and that was 3 weeks after it originally went in (7 weeks in total).

This is becoming a more regular occurrence especially in cars between 12 to 15 months.

Iccu allows V2L charging so is a new feature in the industry so in hindsight bound to have some issues.

P.s:

The dealer you bought it from should address if warranty issue and, also contact Hyundai Ireland if they don't (they weren't much good for me to get a replacement car but at least could put pressure on the dealer to assess it if warranty issue or not).

Post edited by podge1979 on

So many people have had this ICCU issue in Ireland and elsewhere it there should be a recall, Hyundai seem to be playing stupid for now.

Has been one of sorts in Korea, Hyundai say it's only effecting 2022 cars and have a Sw rollout to address this month but also will "fix" affected modules. They'll fix alright but how long will it take and how well will they look after effected customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mrm

I have not heard that there is a 'fix' to the ICCU. It seems to be replacement only resolution. The issue with recall, which I fully believe is warranted, is that it is so difficult to obtain a new unit, as Podge1979 and I were told when our cars went to the dealer. My dealer also was having ongoing difficulties getting one but I struck lucky (a rental in before mine so I got the order) and got my car back with a replacement ICCU after 4 weeks in with the dealer. Hyundai hiding behind the couch on this one.

@tomister, it is not an 'appointment' you are seeking, it is immediate warranty work. Tell them order the part now and seek a replacement car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭John arse

I wonder if this is happening with the ev6 or indeed the new ioniq 6?

Issue with EV6 also as same platform. No reports really on ioniq 6 as they said is effecting 2022 made cars and you'd hope they have a solution in production cars now.

But the time frame for the failures seems to be 12 to 15 months so I suppose time will tell.

Yep, agree with mrm I just rang the AA directly they had to tick the box with assess the car if can be fixed then shipped it off to the nearest service centre, you get two days free rental (but took them 3 days to diagnose it for me).

Fun with replacement car started then 🤬

Ideally you need to send it to the dealer you bought it from (less complicated trying to pin down a replacement car). I didn't do that as dealer I bought it from was in Sligo which is a few hours away and the just weaseled out of it.

• Advertisement

Just got a ping on the app from the car, looks like its back to life so was 8 week turn around to fix in my case.

Hopefully parts becoming more available.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tomister

went out in the car last night and took it for a drive to deplete some of the battery. No error on the screen. Have seen it could also be related to the charging port so wanted to test it on both AC and DC. Car charged both times with no issue (didn’t charge long on either).

plugged it back in last night and the error is back this morning. Booked in for the 19th with the dealer that I got to service it. It’s not my local dealer nor the one I bought it from but I’ve found the service department in my local dealer are not up to scratch

Could be part of the issue diagnosis many had intermittent charging problems and the error showing.

In my case I had issues using V2L intermittently dropping last time I used it heard a loud pop.

Might be different in your case hopefully charging port related might be an easier fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭eagerv

Missus left in her car last week for software update re ongoing problems scheduled charging.

They said if in by 08:30 then should be ready in an hour or so.. Off she went walking to do a bit of shopping, they called about 10am to say would take longer, should be ready by lunch. She called back at 1 to be told still wasn't ready, eventually she picked up at 3pm. Arrived home exhausted after such a long day for something that should be simple.

Then they presented her with an invoice for €180, naturally she told them where to go.. I think the missus will be changing to Tesla next time..

The scheduled charging appears to be working again, but only charged once since. Attached pic after update..

🤣 €180 they should be report for that (but not sure who too Hyundai Ireland are about as useful as a chocolate teapot) who was the dealer?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭eagerv

Waterford. Many new staff there who seem to have very little EV knowledge. Sales manager wasn't there that day, he at least seems to have knowledge.

She loves her car, I agree it is a great car, just a pity such a hassle at times..

Look, at least she had a legitimate excuse to spend a whole day shopping.😃

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

Just back from 2000km trip around UK.

Mostly Ionity (with discount) with a couple of Gridserve charges (big hub near my main destination in Norwich). Trip from Norwich down to Brands Hatch for Super Tourers event (sometimes you need that noise and smell of petrol).

Longest leg was from Stafford Ionity to Norwich. A tad over 325km. Had charged to 90% at Stafford and arrived in Norwich with 8%. Not too shabby for 58kwh battery.

Overall consumption was 16.6kwh/km.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭kerten

Collected my ioniq 5 on Saturday from a sales guy who was rushing to hand over the keys due to good weather I presume 😆

It is a lovely car and I didn't spot anything unexpected so far.

I wonder if there is any financial advantage of getting chargemyhyundai card for occasional ionity charger use ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭somedood

Congratulations, what spec did you get? I'm still waiting for mine to be delivered, was told it would be this month.

Advertisement