Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTÉ admits paying Tubridy €345,000 more than declared

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭ZookeeperDub

Throwing out numbers with nothing to back them up is useless

What exactly is making up that number and what exactly is profit? if RTE is bringing in all these billions in advertisement and all the millions they get from tv license why are they always broke?

Somehow I think Geraldine pulled some dodgy numbers together and will keep firing them out at every chance today so she doesn't have to answer questions.

How much Geraldine has RTE spent on your husband to keep him amused at all these events? with zero revenue brought in from him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭lbunnae

Who is this tosser , utterly useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭lbunnae

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Expunge

About 20 or more years ago, the South Tipp Fianna Fail organisation thought the same about him.

The establishment families who ran FF locally would never allow his name on the ballot.

Mattie and his family/people ended up splitting and destroying FF in South Tipp and the party have never recovered.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭geographica

Are Tipperary water paying sponsorship money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Karppi

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭downtheroad

Mattie McGrath - ask your questions to specific people and not in general

Marie Sherlock - well prepared

This Sinn Fein senator Warfield - useless

• Registered Users Posts: 18,432 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Its a bit useless but I suppose it does serve one purpose of kicking over a few rocks that the PAC will probably follow up on.

For example, I don't for one second think the PAC will accept the CFO not stating what provision they had made. Commercially sensitive my hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭geographica

That Siún Ní Raghallaigh is a pain in the ass

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Bulmers

this chap is hopeless... dont think he even knows what he's asking

the deputy DG jumping back into this seat with a smirk when he answers a question... lol...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Asking for bottom paid list is a top move

• Registered Users Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

How do you think he gets elected every GE ?

He gets votes from all sides in Ssouth Tipp. It appears regardless of education, occupation and even political views !

I know it's hard to grasp but he plays a very strong game .

I can't stand him personally but I know people whoI respect who will always vote for Mattie and its not just for the laugh ( although they do enjoy listening to him )

He also has a very high speech count in the Dáil.

Again I stress not my choice of TD but you can't dismiss the man as thick because of his strong mountainey accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,842 ✭✭✭ebbsy

That subcontractor question came from nowhere, and could blow a hole in RTE good and proper.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Right I'm out.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭keynes

Fintan glad to have that over

• Registered Users Posts: 28,467 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Never said he was a gom but he's supposed to be investigating and uncovering facts. Not grandstanding and asking the people their opinions about hypothetical questions.

His 10 minutes achieved nothing apart from his supporters thinking he's hard hitting.

Post edited by murpho999 on

Fintan is an example of safety measures for election. Aptitude tests should be a default before running plus a full physical as you represent us. We the people come first if you want to represent us. You come second. You need to be weighed and measured before you run.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,943 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

The new Golden Circle. MD is a smug one, needs someone with a good put down to wipe that smirk off her face. No one (I'd guess) likes to see a person kicked the way Munster can do, but I wish MD was on the receiving end of it. I hate smug and smirk. Apologies for getting personal here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Fintan Warfield is horrendous.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,184 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

What question was that?

Mattie McGrath should be barred from these sessions - absolute waste of time he was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,012 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Ger not impressed by plaudits, expecting a missile maybe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Northernlily

That's a bit much. Obviously he has a confidence issue but he's still asking the questions on the platform he was given.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭ZookeeperDub

The boards have probably spent 100k in the last few days with consultants from all over Ireland to refine exactly how to answer these questions. of course via a barter account with tax payers money

We got towards the mess that RTE is last week when they hadn't the prep done

Today we are just getting the refined answers by consultant and loads of prep work done by the board.

The little speeh just now about the RT money sent and the issue is only about undeclared money is to try take the focus off all the other cr*p RTE dont want to talk about

Clever q by Timmy Dooley there - is there anything else we should/need to know, and you're just hoping the question isn't asked?

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Sorolla

grand

That Warfield lad wouldn’t be the brightest star in the sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Baba Yaga

5 grand on feckin flipflops? and what...2 grand on balloons? and the toyshow musical shite?fcuks sake theyre pishing the money away...my lsd casualty of a brother in law couldve run the place better!!!!

"They gave me an impossible task,one which they said I wouldnt return from...."

ps wheres my free,fancy rte flip-flops...?

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭keynes

We expect more than him just fumbling through prepared questions (without follow up, interrogation etc). Anyone can do that

That sounds like it won't wash - a list of those who are prepared to release their earnings, and a list of those who aren't...... smacks of a "when did you stop beating your wife" sort of a scenario.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Northernlily

Agree 100% with you, it was a poor performance. Don't agree with personal abuse, that's all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement