Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTÉ admits paying Tubridy €345,000 more than declared

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,052 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Is Boyd Barrett going to talk ..or ask questions ?

Can hear him sighing loudly in the background.

Warfield should have stuck with the family band instead of trying his hand at politics. Red raw useless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭ZookeeperDub

It seems to be the same people from all the other meetings....

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,449 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Wasn't the LLS Musical a Coveneny idea/project?

Why is he yet again not being grilled?

• Advertisement

It'll be a speech ..outrageous ...insult to the public ....not too many questions ...can't wait ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I’ve been offline for a while but a great line there to Coveney re. Toy Show The Musical. “it seems these figures weren’t commercially sensitive, but rather personally sensitive”.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭De Bhál

she looks like someone you look for protection from in a women's prison.

Looks like someone you see in Orange is the new Black

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

wow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,449 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

What bit of "we have to go and vote in the Chamber" did your man not hear?

Do your feckin duty (and allow others to go and do theirs) and stop grandstanding!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,051 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

More later? Is there a session tomorrow? Tesla might want to sponsor it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭lbunnae

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,980 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I can't stop asking myself - "who else in the State Sponsored Sector is up to similar shenanigans?" Can't help thinking about that when you look at the list of them. And the Racing Board were up the other day and announced "financial irregularities" or something like that.

I dunno, is it just me who is totally cynical about these quasi Independent state (you and me) sponsored entities?

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Hungry Bear

Interesting. Nothing really nee bar the car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Gone to press a few buttons and have a leak. Or gather a few leaks..

Not much today .

Cars being kept while car allowances ongoing. 1 case .

Breda as former CFO nothing to see in her tenure.

Whistleblower AnneO'Leary locked in an office somewhere but had her laptop with her so still managing to get her spake in .

Soho club being used for meetings in London .

Row in the last few minutes between chair of committee and a td who wouldn't get off and proceedings stopped .

We got Mattie but no RBB , small mercies.

Strong performers Griffin, Sherlock and Dooley.

Mattie and Peter, 10min of waffle.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,545 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

I would expect the presenter who broke the rules on the car loan to come forward in the pursuit of truth and transparency.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

O’Leary said she paid for her and her husband’s flights and accommodation to Chicago,

The tickets I take it then were free?

Moya Doherty, is she a clone of Darina Allen? A terribly condescending person. Rest of the board ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

€120millon net worth can buy a lot of things including a new accent! No more of "Aye that's wild sad surely " Donegal stuff!

Think Dooley had a good 'game plan'. Start softly, lull into confidence, then throw a few curveballs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭lbunnae

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Why aren't we hearing more about these barter accounts and details of who was on each side of the transactions? Who accrued benefit, was there any loss to the taxpayer and/or Revenue etc.

It's as if this lot had a chat yesterday morning and made up their questions/ speeches.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Will_I_Amnt

When are this lot in front of the PAC next?

And when Tubridy and Kelly come in to Leinster house, which committee will they be in front of?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭screamer

Rte spent 5k on flip flops and 2.2 million on a flop flop. What next? I think they’ll be able to make a musical out of this whole sad saga.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,483 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

It was a crystal clear case of not knowing your audience. The toy show had at degenerated into a telethon musical under tubridys direction and remained popular - not understanding that it was all parents with their children nostalgia watching. When I was a child, the only thing I was interested in was the toys, I can't imagine that today's children are greatly entertained by the music.

The musical live show didn't have that heritage for the nostalgia audience, was expensive, had a grim story and had no toys. Who would go to that?

When a culture of freebies, notions above station, and so on set in, it's very difficult for any individual to swim against the tide. I'd remember that with every individual.

Can someone not join up at a particularly interesting time I'm topical affairs without being labelled a troll?

• Advertisement

She will not appear again ..medical note , poor thing . So probably will retire on sick leave .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement