Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cupra Born

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Worth noting the finance person might not be around if you just rock up to the dealer, at least in my experience with Seat/Cupra over the years. Best off just giving them a quick call.

I called about a secondhand car in the past and for whatever reason the finance person was busy all day. I didn't want to go for a test drive or anything just to walk away if the numbers didn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,127 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I got a reply first thing this morning I'm going to call out tomorrow afternoon, obviously I'll have my car clean etc, I have done this before...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Picked up today (for the wife) after significant delays yesterday and earlier today.......

Looks deadly it's certainly well prepped, they're the only wheels to have I don't like those grey Ford Sierra wheels at all.

The 19s are nice too - but either way it's gotta be copper highlight alloys given the copper trim on the car. Not a fan of the other 20s....bit too much going on.

• Advertisement

That's it, sure copper is their trade mark. Looking forward to having a look tomorrow, hopefully they won't act the maggot and I can do a deal.

Got the deal done on a new one😎. €36,500 for the Superb I was delighted with that, 0% finance, €320 a month including servicing a set of tyres and front discs and pads, just have to wait now, I hate that bit...

Did the deal with Nicky too, he's a sound guy I saw your car being charged.

Nice one. What's the spec on that if you don't mind me asking CoBo?

I'm not being smart but I don't actually know yet, I just got an email from the salesman saying he's sourced me a white one with the upgraded alloys that I want. I'll contact him tomorrow to get the exact details, tbh the spec they have is everything I want. I'm looking forward to having adaptive cruise back again it's one thing I really missed.

• Advertisement

Base spec on the Born is decent enough, ACC, lane assist, larger screen, keyless. Even the manual cloth seats are still bucket seats and the stock sound system is decent enough. If you get the colour/wheel combo you want you're not really missing out. Most of the options are nice to have but not essential. I would have liked DCC for sportier handling but the shocks are very expensive to replace if anything goes wrong so probably a good thing I got rid of it. Although the 360 camera would have been nice to have...

Just under 11,000km on mine and I'm at 16.1kWh/100km long term, just over 2 months to go before 1 year ownership. Easily seeing 13.5-14kWh/100km average at the moment and that's with doing regular 120kph driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Well done, sounds like a very good trade in price for a Superb. Fuel and servicing savings could go a long way towards your monthly payments if you mainly charge at home relatively cheaply. Will you find the Cupra a bit cramped compared to your Superb ? (Presumably it would be like switching from a Passat to a Golf)

99% of the the time it's only myself and the missus in the car now, we got a good spin in the demo car are were pleasantly surprised by how roomy it was in the front. I would be doing all my charging at home I'm on the Flogas fixed 24hr rate of 30c per unit, I'm going to ring them today and see will they get me a day/night meter their 15c night rate would give very cheap driving. I'm only doing about 200km a week.

That's it, been there done that with spec and rarely ever used it. The car has Tech L kessy advanced which has extra parking features illuminated door handles etc. The superb has DCC and since I changed the tyres I've never changed it from standard mode, the electric seat hasn't moved since the day I bought it. Tbh I'm finding the superb a bit cumbersome around town, my driving now doesn't really suit it, it's more of a long haul cruiser. Whoever buys it will be getting a top class car I minded it like a baby as I've done with all my cars.

From what I can see, a lot of the stock around are specced with the Pilot L Pack (ours is, and dealer said he puts it in all cars) which includes the 360 cameras - I suspect Cupra are discounting it to dealers or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Just for the new owners, congrats on your cars.

I am at 16000 kms in my Born now after 9 and a bit months, averaging 15.1 kwh/100kms since the start. This was at about 17 at the end of winter (lets say end of Feb) with I guess 8000kms on it, so its dropping quite a bit I am working out the warmer months have been using about 13kwh, which is good. If it averages 15 t year end I think thats great.

So it shows a 20000km a year driver like me will have no problem in an EV with the right setup and the right mix of driving. I rarely public charge, maybe once a month on long journeys.

Like cobo above, I moved from a much bigger car, Audi A6, and dont really miss the size, I got caught out with the boot in the born once that i reckon the Audi could have handled but thats it. Space inside feels just as good. What I do miss though is the premium feel and comfort, Born just doesn't have it compared to an Audi A6 and it wont match the superb either. Its a great drive, I love driving it but comfort and touch and visuals are what matter to me. Too many corners cut, the capacitive buttons on the wheel, everything in the infotainment rather than physical buttons, the "REAR" button to switch between front and back windows which I hit accidentally the odd time, no speakers or aircon in the back, and actually just the style of car, it has hot hatch looks whereas I always liked the big saloon styling. These are all my own peculiarities and may not apply to you.

Its my first EV and have enjoyed it and I am going to hang on to it for another year anyway, I will probably move it on somewhere between 2 and 3 years old and go back to a premium car, A6 Etron really has my interest, maybe even the Avant. Zero interest in any SUV of any description. And I don't think I can go back to an ICE, unless theres a 100km real world range PHEV that I like.

Are you lads charging to 100% each time? How much per unit are ye paying for electricity? Even at my 30c and going on what your consumption is, it's going to be cheap motoring for the next 3 years☺️

I normally go from 20% to 100% about once a week on the charger in work because its free to me. Top it up on a Friday back to 100% if I know I'll be doing the distances.

I'm at about 30c at home too, it's 44c less 30% discount.

Approx 18 euro for a full charge 0-100% which will average over the year at about 350kms.

5c per km on electricity according to my calculations to charge at home.

• Advertisement

It's glacial white with the 19" copper alloys.

Nice, the white will look well with the contrasting copper

I'd fancy a set of those 19 inch alloys myself, I have the standard 18s and couldn't spec anything as car was already in production. The 19s look great.

That's what the demo car had and I thought they looked good with the white and the rear tinted windows. I'll be posting a few pics when it turns up. I hate the waiting bit...

Another ceist lads, does it have wireless android auto or is it apple wireless only?

It does have wireless Android Auto but to be honest I wouldn't bother, it's quite slow to respond compared to a USB cable. I would also avoid wireless charging if your phone supports it as the battery gets very hot and reduces the lifespan (not an issue if you change phone every year though).

Thanks for that Davey it was more for the novelty factor tbh, I never liked it and rarely ever used it. The superb charger is the same especially if the battery is full, it's kind of useless really as it's so slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭RevID3

Just charged for a long journey to 100%..

58kw...Gom reading..469km..God bless the good weather..Helps a lot..

How's that in comparison to others.

Only have it a few days and the wife has been doing most of the driving, but a bit of a spin today suggests she's good for 400km mixed driving this time of year anyway.

Can't wait to get mine, I hope it's ready this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Had a play around with the online configurator yesterday. Lovely car.

I'd need to shift my 212 ID3 Tour for well north of €35k though to make it worthwhile.

Advertisement