Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fingal CC Clerical Officer

• 23-06-2023 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi All,

Been offered a clerical officer role with Fingal County Council subject to a medical and references but had a few questions if anyone was able to answer.

I would be taking a pay cut so wondering if there is pay increases yearly without having to nearly fight for them and if so are the pay increases based off performance?

What they are like to work for? Is it a good working environment?

They told me not to hand in my notice until my medical and references come back okay but will they actually contact my references before i definitely have the job as one of my references is my current manager who isnt aware im looking for a new job and be a bit awkward to ask for a reference before handing my notice

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Yeah Right

Clerical officer pay scale:

Clerical officer (PPC)

26,599 (509.76) –

28,272 (541.82) –

28,697 (549.96) –

29,527 (565.86) –

30,750 (589.30) –

31,972 (612.72)   –

33,193 (636.12) –

34,082 (653.16) –

35,089 (672.46) –

36,259 (694.89) –

37,084 (710.69) –

38,242 (732.88) –

39,393 (754.95) –

41,190 (789.38) –

LSI 1 42,602 (816.45) – LSI = long service increment, After 3 years at 41,190 you move to this point

LSI 2 43,249 (828.85) - After 3 years at LSI1, you move to this point

This is the CO pay scale currently. Normally, you start at point 1 and move up a point every year, upon satisfactory completion of your appraisal (called PMDS). It's based off performance, but you'd need to be a bit of a cabbage to underperform at CO level.

Nobody knows what the work will be like until you start, same with the working environment. You could be copying files in the planning department, answering calls in the waste department, assisting the gardeners in the parks department etc. The Co. Cos are huge and the variety of jobs is unparalleled. I know someone who started in DCC as a receptionist, moved to motor tax applications for a few years, then when that was centralised he was looking at the planning section, til they opened a pathway into the fire brigade for existing staff members. He feckin loves it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 liquidfootball

Hi Bsher96, did you get an email today offering the role? A family member had their interview for this role a couple of weeks ago but has heard nothing back yet..

• Registered Users Posts: 4 BSher96

I had my interview last week, they published results of successful applicants on their website on Wednesday and then I got an email yesterday offering the employment

@Bsher96 Thanks for the info. & well done on getting the job offer!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 PotatoMaster

Can I ask roughly where abouts you landed in the OOM I was a bit far down unfortunately like in the high teens jointly

• Advertisement

I was jointly in the low teens in the OOM. Unsure how many they are employing though

Seems they moved quite quick though if you were low teens. Was it just a straight up offer for a position because I remember the email originally about the interview that there would be a final interview but haven’t heard anything that one even exists

They just sent me an email saying they were now in a position to offer me employment and if I didnt respond by a certain date they would remove me from the panel and make other arrangements to fill the vacancy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

I’m on both panels for CO in civil service and with fingal, been waiting nearly a month since passing interview with CS and heard nothing. Is there anything I should be concerned about between working with a local authority vs civil? I assume job opportunities are more limited because the council are smaller than the whole of the civil service

• Advertisement

Has there been any more updates on this panel? How many have been contacted in the first round etc?

I’m still waiting to hear anything back from them and I’m in the 18’s

Any update from anyone in regards to this panel? Would love to know where it's at

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Koolkat1

Hi All,

Has any one any idea how long from interview to starting the process takes please.

Has anyone here been working for Fingal CC for a while now? Would love to hear if it's worth choosing over say the civil service

Any update on where Fingal Co Co is at re the OOM? My number is mid-20s, though I know that I share that spot with a number of other applicants (ie, I know there's more than mid-20s people ahead of me on the panel).

I'm in the high teens and got called this week

Hopefully the panel is starting to move along again after a slow Summer! - Best of Luck in the Job :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 82 ✭✭JesseJane

Hi jumping on here just to ask those of you who moved from another public sector job did your increments move with you? I.e if you were 2 years as a CO in the HSE and moved to Council as a CO do you start at point 2 of the pay scale there or back to one? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 randydarsh1

How long from your medical and references were you offered a role?

• Advertisement

I had the medical after being offered the role. As I was leaving, the CO who was handling my application, who had contacted me with the provisional role, said she'd reach out to my referees. All the way along, she was very clear: 'Don't hand in your notice yet - I'll let you know when you should hand in your notice at your current role.'

(I ended up taking another role in the end, but I was very impressed with Fingal Co Co's professionalism.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭Caoimhe2

Hi all

I applied for the CO in Fingal County Council recently It was aptitude based application we have just being issued the results does anymore know how quick do they move to the interview process

Advertisement