Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Resolved]Can't post in Ireland thread on the soccer forum

• 06-07-2023 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭

Hello. I have been directed here by a mod called Artanevilla in the soccer forum who says I can't post in the Ireland thread anymore. He/she says that I consistently dragged the thread off topic. I don't believe this is true at all. Maybe I'm mistaken but I thought the thread I was posting in covers all areas of Ireland issues. All I can see elsewhere are threads for various clubs etc. I don't follow any clubs so I'm only interested in Ireland.

I have been discussing Lee Carsley who will be manager of England u21's in the European championships on Saturday. There is discussion on the Ireland women's team, Stephen Reid was discussed who's returned to management level recently. I haven't been abusive or anything to anyone else. There has been a ban put on discussing Stephen Kenny. I specifically did not mention him or reply to posts discussing him. I'm saying this because I know from the message sent from Artanevilla that this will be the justification for banning me.

I did find it strange that the Ireland manager can't be discussed on the Ireland forum but I followed the ruling that he should not be discussed. I shouldn't be banned because I followed the rules. I can't be blamed for others bringing him up or putting words in my mouth or deciding why I'm posting about Lee Carsley. I've also discussed Brian Kerr, Robbie Keane, different players. So as directed by the Artanevilla, I'm appealing their decision here. Thanks for reading.

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved to Helpdesk instead, DRP only covers forum bans and warnings (the ones with points).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭Musicrules

Oh right sorry, didn't know where to put it. Thanks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,023 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I've been reading through that thread in particular and you must have seen the Mod Notes previously re 'Kenny Out', given your stats for posting in that thread in particular and you did say......

'There has been a ban put on discussing Stephen Kenny. I specifically did not mention him or reply to posts discussing him. I'm saying this because I know from the message sent from Artanevilla that this will be the justification for banning me.'

Just 3 posts of yours that I picked out from recently, there are others.....

You have Constantly referred to him, in one way or another and tried persistently to bring up an angle to restart the 'Kenny out' debate.

Your threadban is more than warranted. Any further post there will receive a Warning for Ignoring a Mod Instruction and then be deleted.

Kindly don't post there again.

Hello. The 3 posts you quoted were before Artanevilla stated that he should not be discussed. It's very unfair to use them as justification when I haven't mentioned him once since Artanevilla's warning. If I had made those posts after his/her warning then of course the decision would be correct. It's a bit unfair to ban someone from posting when they've actually followed mod instructions.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,023 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

As I mentioned, you continued to post trying to bring in the managemant angle.

Your very next 'topic' was Carsley managing England U20. This, again, brought about management discussions - imagine that.

Posters even commented that it was a 'thinly veiled Kenny out' attempt - and the view of the Moderator was exactly the same.

Threadbans are the perogative of the Moderators.

Your threadban was warranted and see no reason why it should be reversed.

• Advertisement

But discussion on Lee Carsley wasn't banned. If it had been I wouldn't have discussed him as I followed mod instructions. He's made it to the Euro u21 final, is that not worthy of discussion? I was surprised no one had mentioned it already but it was a few hours after he won the semi final. It was up to date news on a former Ireland player. How can I be banned for posting that? Surely someone else would have posted about it if I hadn't, would they have been banned then?

Hello. I just had a look into the Ireland thread and Lee Carsley is being discussed after winning the Euros yesterday. Some posters are wondering if it's allowed as I was banned after discussing him. Is discussion on Carsley banned for being off topic?

Hello. I'm just wondering is there an update on this? Thanks.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,962 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Shamobuc gas already explained, your threadban is not being lifted and I am seeing nothing to change the situation

I'm marking this resolved and closing the thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement