Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zgemma H7s Guide

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭greasepalm

When was the last time you scanned the sat as channels did move .

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭BPH

Did scan on my octagon. All channels reappeared (again it's rarely used). Still nothing on zgemma. I'm going to bell cable tomorrow to see if it's OK. May be damaged in attic. Don't know how but hoping it's that simple. Can you send pic of zgemma satellite setting to make sure I'm correct.

Leave your non working tuner one as disabled.

Might need to recheck your F connector is tight with units powered off and the centre core not touching the side.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭tobesure

Hi, haven't read whole thread.

I want to get saorview and freeview UK channels on one box. Is this the way to go?

Is it hard to set up and what do I need?

Freeview is Uk via aerial and no

FTA or Freesat on sat 28.2

Saorview is on Irl by aerial

A box like Zgemma H7S 2 x sat tuner and 1 Terrestrial tuner will give you both with tuner feeds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Leonita

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Leonita

As there are no many channels what frequency settings are on box

Itv1 working okay here

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭tobesure

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

you will need a conventional aerial for the irish channels and a satellite dish for the UK channels. a second aerial for UK would only work near the border or parts of the east coast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭DopeTech

You’d gain very little by having an aerial for uk since most of what you would get you would already get on satellite. That’s if you can even pick up the uk channels by aerial where you are.

Update on my haunted lnb. Belled cable from box to dish - no breaks. Cable is going into legacy connection on dish. I've another cable going into a bedroom sat box from another legacy point picking up bbc no problem. A real head scratcher. Not sure if there's a setting to power lnb from receiver etc.

Move bad box to bedroom , and good box downstairs.

I do hope you dont plug and unplug cables in while units are powered on.

That's last plan. After that I'll have to look for someone to figure it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭swoofer

not relevant

Post edited by swoofer on

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

Hi i All,

I am on Openvix and have upgraded my firmware after not doing so for ages. All went fine except that I don't like the look of OpenWebif on my android browser, the remote is not a virtual replica of the actual remote anymore. Is there an app that replicates the remote accurately?

Thanks in advance

Your not the first to complain about the new interface as it changed from previous images but getting use to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

It's pants on a phone browser, is it possible to roll back firmware 😔

I am regularly relegated to the kitchen and watch via a hdmi through the wall from sitting room. I used to use the Web interface on my phone. Looks like I will have to boot up the laptop as it looks more useable, unless there is an alternative simple android app someone can recommend to zap, watch and fast forward recordings using the default times number buttons etc.

Post edited by downwiththatsor on

No idea but i use laptop if i want to control boxes in another room to set a recording or checking other things.

You could reflash a previous image from downloads but may have issues if feeds have stopped.

If you had another E2 box you could use client mode to other box , needing samba plugin for remote network and via channels or recordings from another box.

Agreed the more recent versions of WEBIF are hideous and they even removed the terminal function. Rumour has it they were (the great excuse) "security improvements".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭egal

DISAPPEARING EPG

I thought I had the EPG sorted but clearly not. Sometimes it's there, sometimes not. Help.

Do you unplug the box at night?

Is it all channels or only some?

No. The box is put into Deep Standby at night. All channels gone, not just some.

Channels dont vanish as do you have a channel list or not.

If you have no signal your channels are still there.

Have you scanned 28.2 to get a channel list .

Or do you use Bouquets or Abm only and it set to autorun every day.

Instead of deep stand by just press off on the remote to check how things go.

I think egal means the EPG data is gone. If both terrestrial and satellite channels are effected that would point me towards a problem with how or where the data is stored. I'd agree with greasepalm that deep standby in not required and may be causing some issue. The difference in power saved between normal standby and deep is tiny. Maybe €1 / year.

egal if you leave the box on for a few minutes does the info appear? If you switch to an Irish station the Irish EPG data should appear almost instantly, satellite may take a few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

Where is the EPG data being saved to? It needs to be either on a hard drive or a usb stick.

If its his EPG where is it getting saved too ? hopefully not internal flash but a mounted usb or hdd..

Does deep standby allow epg and bouquets to run without a wake up ?

I'm not sure. The info can be missing for a long time. For example, there was no epg data last night. When I checked this morning the date was still missing, Then when I switched on tonight the epg data was back again. Could it be something in the settings?

Yes where is your epg getting saved too

• Advertisement

HDD

Advertisement