Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour de France 2023 ***spoilers*** Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭Paddigol

Alez Lou-Lou!!

Edit: Never mind...

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭tawfeeredux

One man Jumbo train vs 6 man Jumbo train.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,375 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Bit of an anti-climax for the stage not to finish on Tourmalet?

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,172 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Does Kuss look stronger than Vingegaard?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,648 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Yeah bit shite but at least the finish isn’t flat after the descent

Same old Movistar, always acting the ****

What's the plan here... see if JV can drop Pog before linking up with Wout, and get Wout to stick on the diesel afterburners to pull him clear?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,718 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Had to step away because of stupid work. What the Pog has just happened.

Was it an attack or did Jai blow up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I think Vingegaard and WVA's priority will be to catch the guys at the head of the race so WVA doesn't have to work solo on the flat (what little there is) and be dead on his feet by the time of the final climb.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

My mistake as it looks like Wout is going to have to do all the work here regardless. Not sure how much use he will be on the climb but then it is Wout. Also how is Vingegaard after his efforts? Pog has played it smart and just sat on him.

Pog to smash them all on the final climb...

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭tawfeeredux

Only getting bits of this at work, but thought Vingegaard didn't look particularly comfortable coming to the top of the Tourmalet. Paying for efforts yesterday?

Pog looks very comfortable to me. It's going to be an interesting finish.

WVA is incredible. Just when I think I know how awesome he is he goes and does even more.

Pog didn't even get out of the saddle when Vingegaard attacked. Is Pog going to do it today?

Good opportunity here for Pog I think. Vingo doesn't look as good as yesterday. Pog stayed in saddle for his attack.

Here we go

Here we go!

Boom

• Advertisement

Hes doing the nose thing. Must be feeling good. Best result for him is to not take the yellow just gain some time on him.

Not a horrible gap in terms of time even with the bonus seconds, but I think it’s more a statement of intent from Pog. Just reminding them it’s not going to be as easy as they think

Where's all those guys who said it was over?

Chapeau Tadej Pogacar.

Yeah I'm more encouraged now that it won't be a procession but it is a 2 horse race now as predicted.

Yeah, that was predicted around this time last year. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭seaviewphotos

Looks like Pog will have to win this on his own, looks like the UAE team aren't that much better than last year's team?

You gotta love Pog. I was worried when he won his first TDF that he'd just Skytrain his way to annihilating the opposition. But when he does, he's does it with such panache that it's hard not to cheer for him.

Fabio Jakobsen is fighting the time cut, was 27 minutes down at the top of the tourmalet, 40 minutes will be the cutoff. Surrounded by loads of his teammates

• Registered Users Posts: 25,718 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

He's only play acting for the documentary 😁

• Advertisement

Not as strong as JV for sure, but I think he's just using them smartly. What's the point in trying to out-skytrain JV when you're as strong as Pog and able to look after yourself behind the JV train. Let JV burn their matches. When Pog needs them to dictate a stage you'll see them up there.

Very few Super Doms as talented as Wout and Kuss. But after that I think UAE have enough firepower to dictate their own tactics.

Advertisement