Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

For sure.

This was ages ago and I know I posted it before but I saw a little boy about four or so, from memory, hopping aboard a bus with his dad and brother, one day. He said to the driver 'I love your tattoos' and the driver said 'thanks very much.'

As he walked down to his seat, he said almost to himself 'he really DOES have lovely tattoos'.

He made my day 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Scipri0

My sleeping pattern was always messed up. Like i could go to bed and i'd lay in bed for 2-3 hours waiting to fall asleep and when i do it's only for about 40 minutes and i wake again and that could happen 3-4 times a night, and i also wake easily. But last night i drifted off an stayed asleep for most of the night and i feel really good all day and haven't felt like this in a long time so can see what i'm missing out on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I've got my online ticket for the semifinal. All I have to do is learn how to save it / print it . But €50 well spent . I do love games in CP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,482 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Weighed myself this morning. I've lost 20% of my body weight in 12 months and my BMI is now in the healthy range

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Well done ohnonotgmail. Looks like you’ve done the weight loss in a sensible way. Enjoy the new healthy you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,256 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

When you have a cup of tea and a bar of chocolate and you think you've eaten all the chocolate but there is some squares left AND there is tea left too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭mrslancaster

The smell of freshly mown grass.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Scipri0

It's so rare for me that it just felt really nice as i don't feel like that at all. It's rare that i get sleeps like that so am jealous of people who can go to sleep straight away and stay asleep till morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,841 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

My 14-year-old niece left her handbag on the bus earlier this week. Phone, wallet, house keys, the works in it. Got straight onto Dublin bus and followed up the next day but no joy. Utter devastation from her. That night my brother's car dealership was broken into. One car was written off ramming the gates open from the inside but it was an older trade-in he wasn't planning to retail anyway. However, they also stole a specced to the max 5 series BMW on him.

Anyway, he got a phone call from the Gardai earlier to say they'd recovered the car, and then my sister got a call from a good samaritan who found my niece's bag in Connolly Station (no idea how it ended up there, her bus didn't go anywhere near it) and not only was everything still in it, he even charged up her phone for her 😊

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

That's a double whammy miracle, wonderful to hear they still happen!

I’ve posted here before how I’ve left my wallet in the local shop , and the twice it happened I got a knock on the door returning it . We are , mostly, good people at heart

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,674 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Chatting to my 5 year old niece and brother who live in Australia during the week and my niece was eating a bit of water melon and I asked her could I have some and she no and then I was pretending to sulk and said "oi come back here with my water melon" well she roared laughing and took off up the hallway laughing mad and she kept coming back to me asking me if wanted some and if I said yes she'd say no your not getting any and take off again laughing mad 😄.

Also this morning the neighbors calico cat came for a visit and let me pet them and during the week they were across the road on the green and when I called them over they ran straight over, jumped up on the wall beside me and let me pet them 😄.

Post edited by Sephiroth_dude on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,482 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Sitting outside a bar in Spain having a pint and the weather is still in the 20s. Its a hard oul' station.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,609 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

My favourite watch has been missing for 3 days, I looked everywhere, out in the car, every drawer, every room, every coat pocket …

then a lightbulb appears above my head, pocket of my dressing gown hanging in the bathroom is the only place I hadn’t checked. I have my watch back….

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,140 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Mate of mine recently changed from VF to Sky for his broadband. The first thing he connected was his PS5 and there were ethernet issues, which are apparantly common between Sky/PS5, so he went off and bought a third party known good router. And rather than reconnect all devices to a new network, he set his network the same as they were when on VF, so everything just reconnected automatically. Security wise, probably not recommended, but pretty smart, considering he had over 20+ devices (lots of smart home stuff). Got a great happy giggle out of it. Small things.

Had an issue with my debit card, got to finally speak to the most downright professional , efficient and courteous agent at my bank who sorted it in 3 minutes. She was a local who instead of going through an inflexible rigmarole of scripted questions and asking the same thing over and over in broken call centre etiquette and English …. It’s refreshing dealing with people who know their own job and what people require.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Used Shannon airport for the first time ever this month

3 minutes to walk from the car park to the terminal

20 minutes to check in the bag, go through security and be at the departure gate

Both flights arrived on schedule and were not at bullsh*t times (late at night, early morning)

Don't think I will ever want to use Dublin airport again

That after pondering for about an hour I got wordle in 2 goes 😬

prob the teacher who I disliked the most in my entire 13 years or so in the school education system died a few days back. An extremely condescending, nasty, ghoulish and intimidatory presence…

lots of charming tributes on rip.ie from friends, family and neighbours, but no students and only a single one from a teaching colleague who was / is a very nice lady and generally was known as a diplomat around the place….

his career spanned 20 plus years in the school, one of my last memories of him was the door of the staff room swinging open and seeing him getting an almighty böllocking inside from our mild mannered form teacher who never said boo to a goose or involved himself in anything approaching conflict….20 plus years and evidently nobody gives / gave a shît…

said form teacher himself just died and the tributes glowed and flowed from staff, current ( he’d still visit the school ) and ex, students and all who’d ever had the pleasure of knowing him…. The comparison is staggering… 👏🏼

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,674 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Two of my favorite little people are coming to visit 😄.

A pair of decent lightweight discreet boots that keep the rain out. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Duvet Day

I lit a candle here tonight, it was in a hamper I got from my boss for Christmas but I forgot about it, it's lemon scented and absolutely gorgeous.

Was apprehensive about today’s family get together because of my overall tiredness but enjoyed it very much in the end. Fun times, good conversation and a laugh…

People who add salt to food without tasting it first.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Are you sure you're not looking for the TA thread?

No - it's something I do myself as I love salt.

So when I see others doing the same, it makes me trivially happy :)

There’s a woman who has called to see me 2 weeks in a row . I don’t know but I think I’ll chance it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Part of my friend's garden floods easily, the advice was to keep the mature trees and put down a lot of gravel to change the drainage.

Her parents were keen gardeners and they had a glasshouse-type structure that is covered in plastic, she puts old chocolate boxes for the local cats/wildlife to sit on or drink from.

Of course, over the years there have been generations of cats seen in this space and I love to see the variation of cats and colours etc. Yesterday I spotted one who has been trying to move into her house for a while now(He is grey strips and is huge for a domestic cat) and a midnight black friend who jumped in over the south fence into a slight puddle.

He was absolutely disgusted with his paws and how wet they were, the disgusted vibe from him as he sat there flicking the wet off them. Love to see how expressive cats can be when they get wetsurprisess like that.

Post edited by Bredabe on

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Advertisement