Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTÉ admits paying Tubridy €345,000 more than declared

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭Francis McM

I turn off the tv whenever Marty Morrissey appears, will throw the remote through it now.

How much more of this sort of crap goes on? One rte presenter when he had a few drinks on him at a wedding was heard boast how he never had to pay for hotels, he just gave them "free" plugs on the radio. At your and my expense in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,187 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Marty wouldn't care he wouldn't be paying the panel beater! Overpaid leeches the lot of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭elefant

I'd be interested to know how they square the argument they need to pay huge wages to top talent to stop them working elsewhere, while being happy enough to allow them work elsewhere for nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,613 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Marty will get a lot of stick for this, but hands up anyone who thinks he isn't the only person working in rte with a gifted car.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭quartz1

It would be very interesting to see a breakdown of the costs involved in the Musical. Somebody did well from it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭ZookeeperDub

So old Marty was spinning around in free wheels. Nothing mentions about him declaring it for BIK etc. Just he got a free car and never gave it back.

Like who thinks they can borrow a car and never give it back? crazy stuff going on in RTE and this is just the tip of the iceberg.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,775 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

None of them will be ‘got’

Marty and the car - oh sorry lads I returned it

Tubridy - Fees all legally owed etc (Just the manner he was paid them and the cover up looks bad). So nothing will happen there. Will he work for RTE again is the next question

Forbes - will likely get a lot of blame - but can play ‘mental health’ angle

Richard Collins - CFO can hide behind Forbes etc

CCO O’Leary - can say she was not made aware - not her job

Siun Ni R - can say she was never made aware etc

Noel Kelly - super agent to the ‘talent’ will no doubt inform us all - that he seeks the best deals for his clients. Gives advice as well. ‘Just business’

All the stuff about flip flops corporate hospitality- match tickets etc etc - will result in nothing but internet memes

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,657 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Yes, Tubridy's arrangement with Renault sounded far more dodgy or 'iffy'. Marty's loan of a car from them sounds mild in comparison. He adds that he never claimed travel expenses from RTE, meaning that it didn't cost the licence payer a cent overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭claregal1

In Martys statement he said he gave the car back Fri 23rd June . Did Lynch not say yesterday that the person who had the car gave it back on Tuesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭Gusser09

George Lee by the way is another who is on silly bucks. **** rename RTE to Bisto. It's a poxy gravy train.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Will_I_Amnt

I heard it was another Marty.....now I'm wondering did someone along the Chinese whispering line get their Marty's mixed up.....or is it actually 2 Marty's??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Absolutely mad stuff and you can bet there will be more of this. The wanky language being used in this whole mess is nauseating. From the CFO trying to explain the three barter accounts having insisted there was only one, Dee Forbes lying through her teeth about why they were paying the agent, Marty putting this down to "an error of judgement" and so on and so on.

Lads, ye have to start being honest. Ye were doing stuff ye knew was wrong and did it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

I never heard the word "yesterday" being uttered with such smug confidence. Sits back in seat and glanced around as if he had just answered correctly in a quiz.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,480 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

You believe that he travelled the length and breadth of the country for work yet never claimed a single cent in mileage? Despite the cost of fuel these days? Because I don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Can’t believe people are out defending MM. Whilst what he did is not as blatant or as bad as what Tubs did, it’s in the same ballpark.

You can’t credibly condemn Tubs and simultaneously give MM a pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,775 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

lee ran back to RTE quickly from the Dail before his RTE sabbatical was legally up. So he would still have a job. Then they made up the environment gig for him as the economics one was gone.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭claregal1

So was Lynch lying yesterday or ....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭elefant

Someone at Renault deserves a raise - they've half the national broadcaster working for them for free!

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Denny61

Marty also did mc for Colm quinn bmw last year...he hardly did that for free .so if he was paid for that gig .why would he do it for free for Renault..unless rte had an arrangement with Renault to supply cars to the stars in lieu of payment..as rte was holding the hard cash for them selfves and tubs

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Seems there’s some debate now whether Kelly and Tubs’ appearances will be held in camera or in private.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,657 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Doesn't he say in his statement that he does a lot of promotional work related to the GAA? It may be that he doesn't see himself as an RTE employee exclusively.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Hungry Bear

This is GUBU! Flip flops, Marty Party Car wtf next!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭TinyMuffin

2FM dj Nikki Hayes was double jobbing too to make ends meet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Northernlily

Woah woah, I've been very critical of RTE from the get go. I'm just pointing out, this is a slip from him. If - in the instance, there were people entitled to a car to fulfil the requirements of their job role - Marty would be one of them.

Tubridy can get the fooking train or bus to Montrose. Same with Lottie.

What's Marty's salary?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,046 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I'd say a lot of presenters will be issuing regretful statements after "reflecting".

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

They had him doing Agriculture Correspondence initially. There ain't nothing George can't do.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,589 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Marty & Bernards On The Road Again perhaps from April 2023, still up on RTE Player..

Blue Renault Clio used but it's a model which only came out in 2019 so if he first received 'the car' in 2018 did he get multiple cars or perhaps the show just randomly picked a Clio as the show car they were driving around in?

https://www.rte.ie/player/series/marty-and-bernard-on-the-road-again/SI0000006938?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭StrawbsM

We need to do up some bingo cards with presenters names on them. Jumble em up, pass the cards around us and see who gets bingo first lol

• Registered Users Posts: 32,798 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

180k plus...pops up in six one a couple of times a week maybe? Ffs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Yes it was stated by the acting deputy DG that it was “returned yesterday.”

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement