Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2023 (Nationwide)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 VanBer

@Guffy perhaps entitled was the wrong choice of word. I didn’t realise that was the case within the Dept. Of Education - thanks for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 CookiePieS

Hi. I know two people that work in different sections of the Dept. Of Education. One of them does 1 day a week in the office. The other one does 2 days a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭I am me123

Thanks Leonie. I'm 148 for Longford and haven't been called for interview yet either. Hopefully soon 🤞.

Thanks @CookiePieS . I appreciate the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 blanca23

Hi , I have quick question as it’s my first time applying. I’ve got location preference email today for my 2nd choice C.Clare and need to reply by Monday. But Im still waiting for my 1st choice county. Im wondering if I will be remove from other panel if i give preference for C.Clare ? I am bit confused how it works

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 CookiePieS

blanca23, you will receive location preference for both choices and it won't effect your position on either panel.

@CookiePieS thank you so much ! Appreciate that 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 13 GiantDwarf

Has anyone been offered a position yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 seekingajob2023

In Galway and panelled 100-110 and not called for interview yet. Should I anticipate not getting called for interviews?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 SineadLB

Hi lads, I have 3 locations in my county of choice and I was wondering if anyone knows if my 3rd location could be removed due to sudden circumstances. Or what is the probability of even be offered a third choice over my first and second.

Just worried as if I refuse the third location if offered I'm taken off the panel which is unfair.

Any info would be appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 redwhitekopper

I'd imagine it relates to vacancies and where you placed in the assessment. Unfortunately, that's the process, I wouldn't worry until you've completed the interview and are offered a department. Best wishes, D.

hey , anybody got to interview in Limerick ? Or got offered position?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Pamelabeasley

Has anyone been called forward for interview for Mayo?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 CF1991

Hey Guys, quick question. I was encouraged to apply for the clerical officer drive 2023 as my twin brother got in last year. My order of merit for my county was 315 but he said he got an interview even though he placed at number 387 in his year anyway I’ve kept my head down and got on with things hoping to get a call eventually.

A woman in the place I work today told me that her partner who works in our local housing department for our county council was asked if she knew anyone looking for a job. There were 15 positions apparently and now 3 people I currently work with, two of her neices/nephews and one of her friends have been offered positions there. It has kind of knocked the wind from my sails.

I didn’t realise you could apply locally for these positions and certainly didn’t think you could circumnavigate the national process to give positions to peoples “mates”.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭crinkley

its a completely separate process, county councils will advertise separately

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Pamelabeasley

County council posts are completely separate to this competition - they are public service rather than civil service and there should still have been a test/interview process for the posts

• Registered Users Posts: 34 frances5420

Just wondering if anyone is assigned from this panel or any update since interview on clearance documents.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭sean3318

For anyone interested they have called up as far as 11 in Mayo and 53 for Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭crinkley

Thanks Sean good to know, I know a few going for it in Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 10 CelticRiddle

Anyone called for interview for Donegal? What was your OOM?

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 CarTed5

Anyone called for interview for Laois?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭leoniecarrig

For anyone interested, I’m number 35 for Longford and just got called for an interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Fi72

Same as that Leonie. Are you hoping for DSP Longford or would you take anywhere else like Courts, Garda Barracks

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭leoniecarrig

@CF1991 it is really important to note that the National campaign that you applied for where you got around the 300 is the Civil Service. County and City Councils are the Public Service. The Civil Service and Public Service are different. You wouldn’t be offered a position at any county or city council through this national civil service clerical officer 2023 campaign. The best way to keep up to date on any temporary or permanent positions going in your local council or any local government council is to keep an eye on their website. Also go onto public jobs website and create an alert to notify you by email of any positions going (there are literally daily alerts). I also know of someone who chanced dropping in a CV or emailed their CV to their local council and because they needed people at the time, they were interviewed and given a few months temporary contract but they worked hard and had their temporary contract extended a couple of times and then when the permanent CO competition arose for that council, they applied, passed interview, got on a panel and got permanent at that council when it got to their number on the panel. (Just to be clear, you wouldn’t get a chance at permanent by dropping in a CV, only temporary!) any questions, throw me a DM

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭2016claire

You will definitely get called maybe not as soon as you want but give 4/5 months you will be called for interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭aaron5250

EOI for interview for Sligo by 30th June. No word on interview date yet. OOM 16

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Trevorfromtheshoppingcentre

Does anyone know if they typically call as high as 200 in Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 dinny1982

have interview early next week for midlands. can anyone tell how the interview was? are they tough?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭lauradryeye

Yes they called up to 562 last year. It’ll take a while obviously though.

Advertisement