Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lana Del Rey - 3Arena - Friday 7th July

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

A significant amount of people already outside the venue at 7:20 this morning, queueing at Entrance 1 and Entrance 3.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ba3

Re ticketmaster discussion, see link below to have a feel pf who they are

https://prospect.org/power/ticketmasters-dark-history/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Stillill42

• Registered Users Posts: 24,249 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Weird. Was there last night, doors 6, Shiv support, 7.30, Lana 8.30.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Yeah. About fifteen at Entrance 1 and I'd twenty to twenty-five at Entrance 3. This was at 7:20, as I say.

They all want to be on the barrier, so that they might get a hug from Lana.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

Jaysus, I presume it's young ones... they'll be wrecked before the gig even gets started!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

You'd be surprised at the energy they can derive from monster and cherry cola vapes, if an ill meaning songstress wanted to she could take over the world.

Load up a bus with Monster and Vapes and we'll dispatch them to Bakhmut so! 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Decided to get the bus to Dublin on the off chance a ticket pokes up in the meantime.

If someone genuinely wants to offload one, I could be the solution.

Face2Face & Initial price only standing preferable, not open to negotiating stupid prices so not to waste anyone's time.

Will be in Dublin sometime after 7 see how it goes...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 ficra96

any luck so far? Still holding out hope…in complete denial that i’m not going lmao

Yeah same boat not a smidgen so far although I've just arrived. Managed to ask at box office it was a quick and obvious no.

Gave up the ghost around 9, easily 30+ people obviously on the same hunt ha.

Couples and families even.

I went to the Gibson and parked myself facing the building just wild to see the amount of people trickle out at least 40 or 50 all within the first 20 mins while I can see some people still chancing their arm.

Met a girl looking for 175 for a nosebleed minutes before I left, just not worth it for 90 minutes of music, perhaps someone paid it but she was cutting it fine.

Right I actually managed to sneak in at 5 past 10 or there abouts, score I thought but firstly was shocked to see bars shut and ya caught Tunnel and Video Games. All over at 20 past.

Loads of room in standing too btw, shockin.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Ninap

Was a phenomenal gig. Unbelievable atmosphere. Lana seemed genuinely touched. Pity set was a bit short. Surprised she didn’t play Say Yes to Heaven and maybe White Dress. But still. amazing

Standing space in 3 Arena is vast, so in theory you could have many more there but presumably there are safety limits

Nah @Ninap I'm not coming to this new forget the presumptions or theories can tell you I was there recently for Maiden and earlier in the year Paramore that were proper sold out shows and they both played very close to the nose of 11 an all too.

At least standing was more in comparison at those by end at least, have zero knowledge of throughout obvs.

As I said above the worst was witnessing a more than number spilling out of the building real early on than what was crying out for tickets outside and I literally girls bawling knowing it wasn't to be before that, granted not claiming this may occur at sold out shows in general there but still.

How you flog the seated btw? Great to be able on a whim an buy 8 tickets, wah wah.

Seemed like a half decent production use of screens at least, vibe I dunno might be a bit too old for it but again not there long to gage, 70%+ women mid to late 20s or am I off? Slightly surprised tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭LowOdour

I know bits and pieces of LDRs music, but not a super fan by any stretch but i do enjoy some of her work. So wasn't sure how gig would go tonight.

It was absolutely brilliant - really enjoyable. Was actually pretty emotional for first few songs, just to see how crazy the whole place went for her. The screaming and singing back was deafining at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Ninap

I’d say 80% plus female. And mainly v young. Huge emotional connection between Lana and the crowd. Yeah, I was lucky with the tickets. Family and friends took 6 of them, and flogged two via Adverts

Lucky out Ninap well maybe doesn't escape me yet again next time.

Had tickets to see her in Berlin on Norman Rockwell but scrapped due to Covid hard to believe she's done 3 albums since.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

People leave events all the time. I would wager for a lot in the crowd it could be their first live gig and it can be overwhelming for some or could simply be disappointment that it isn't identical to the recording. Would be interesting to see if there's an increase in anxiety issues on the back of COVID. Kids lost 2 years of getting into gigs.

• Advertisement

My 16 year old son was there and duly had his mind blown. Absolutely loved it.

Some were drunk af, saw one girl frustrated at her messy friend but obvs had to reluctantly leave too to look after.

I do acknowledge it could be common alright just a first to put my attention to.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Sean Seoighe

Great point.

Also from my seat I'd a good view along the front of the stage (as in I wasn't in best seats to view the stage but could view the stage and the gap to the crowd and there must've been a fair few fans overwhelmed and lifted over the barrier at the start.

I thought the atmosphere was unbelievable and the gig itself was great. I was surprised by the amount of young fans there. Summertime Sadness (dance mix) must be about 9 years old now and maybe the track with the Weeknd was popular enough around 6 years ago, but I couldn't make the tie to where the fans got into her.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭Fanirish

I was led to her music by the Within Temptation cover of that track, think she had already played Vicar st/or just due to play there.

Like FanIrish said very likely Tiktok for most in recent surge.

Every other show she's done here has been a summer show I wasn't in the country for, this time just became unsuitable when I couldn't get a ticket.

Hopefully won't be too far off a future announcement after the Hyde Park gig tonight is dusted. Fingers crossed anyway.

It was my 1st time seeing her, I loved Video Games when that came out and the Ultraviolence album then loved NFR but probably had phases where her music past me by but I think her current album is very strong and even if I wouldn't love all her backcatalogue there's a huge amount of quality in there. I'd go and see her again in a heart beat based on Friday's gig.

Googled this and yep that's a huge reason so thanks for clarifying - obviously young people can have great taste too haha but I was surprised given lack of chart success but that makes sense now.

Exact same thoughts 2nd and 3rd albums along with NFR are the gold standard.

Good stuff on the rest for sure although Honeymoon in particular is quite poor overall.

Like the new one, title track came off huge live. Will go back to it after my disappointment recedes ha.

• Advertisement

Think Lana played same setlist in Hyde Park as 3Arena https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/lana-del-rey/2023/hyde-park-london-england-2ba73cfa.html

Thought Hyde Park might've been a longer show as a bigger event but we didn't miss out if you saw her at 3Arena

Advertisement