Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭antfin

Drives me mad too! Regardless of the setting there's an issue with changing indicator straight from one side to the other in one press and I've tried the auto setting too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

The indicators are different to other cars, in that the stalk always returns to the central position. You do get used to them, but even after 17 months in my case, I still make the odd mistake.

At roundabouts I generally use the lane change quick flick, will clear after a few flashes.

There is also a relatively new update, where you can set indicators to clear when changing lanes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

If it's on right indicator and you hit left I think it turns off the right indicator (and same for left on, followed by right), so you need to hit left again.

That's my understanding of it anyhow

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭cloudhopper19

Has Tesla up'd the price of their M3 LR. It still says 49,990 but then if you click on it and click cash it says 51,246. Is 51 the new price or is there an error.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,070 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

It went up €1500 on 1st July due to grant reductions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭innrain

The price you see on the right hand side it the price without taxes. As there is a rule to advertise with VAT included for personal that is there. However, VRT is not and there not the SEAI grant. On the second picture if you select cash payment you're going to see the price you pay down to the tyre recicling fee. For RWD VRT-grant <0 hence the cash price less than pre-tax price. In all the other cases because VRT-SEAI \> 0 so the cash price is greater.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭rob w

Had a strange one on the car today.

Went for a swim this morning so left my phone in the car, with bluetooth off. Locked the car with my key card.

Afterwards I got back in using the key card but once I was in the car, I put the card away and turned bluetooth back on and drove home as normal.

Then I just noticed this evening that the car has been unlocked all day (the mirrors weren't folded in and car would open when i went out to it without my phone.) so it hadn't locked when I walked away after I got home!

It stayed like this until I locked it again using the key card. Seems to be back to normal now again.....as in the walk away lock is working on phone again.

If you use the key card to open the car do you have to then lock it again with the key card.....is it normal that the walk away lock didn't lock the car after I opened it with the key card? I've never noticed that happen before, glad it was in the driveway though when it happened!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭wassie

Plenty of universal boot mats on Amazon that are fairly cheap. You simply cut the mat to fit the size of the boot. Mine even has a small cut out to allow lifting ofthe boot well lid.

The phone should have took over. If you think about it, you have to open with a card to set the phone up for the first time so the phone key should work.

I think the phone might not have paired or connected properly.

Try it today again to see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭wassie

I always check the online manual for these things first. Tesla has many nuances and if you understand how these things work in the first instance, it really makes the driving experience so much better.

Scroll down to the section on Turn Signicals.

This is probably the cause of your issue here:

The turn signals stop operating when canceled by the steering wheel, by moving the stalk in the opposite direction, or lightly pushing the stalk in the same direction once more.

Sounds like you may be cancelling the indication signal.

I think this change happened in the Dec update with the auto cancel after land change and I certainly noticed issues when I changed lanes and deliberately went to cancelling signals. I was constant throwing signals the in the opposite direction. Once I read up on how it now operates, I was able to modify my behavior to suit. I actually find the change much betternow I am used to it.

Is it pretty normal that the car doesn't see the phone for unlocking?

I'd say I have to use the card about 10 - 20% of the time as it doesn't see the phone - I always carry the card in my wallet just in case....

Android or iOS?

Do you have background refresh off?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,882 ✭✭✭✭josip

Has anyone been able to use the Tesla App to contact/control the car in a non-Premium connectivity supported country?

(Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Germany, Spain, France, Finland, United Kingdom, Switzerland, Sweden, Ireland, Italy, Iceland, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland and Portugal )

@AndyBoBandy did your app work in Lithuania last summer?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,318 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

yes, I had full app control (Including Sentry Live View) of the car while in Lithuania (and also the brief spin we went on to Latvia)...

I see in the Lithuanian owners group they struggle, but they do somehow manage to get themselves premium connectivity... I genuinely believe there are more Tesla's there than there are in Ireland... They are everywhere in Vilnius, and then during the summer they all decamp out to the coast.... probably 90% of EV's I see in Lithuania are Teslas, and about 5% are Chevy Bolts, and then everything else makes up the remaining 5%. So between Premium Connectivity, Charging US cars on CCS, and getting service, they somehow make it work..

Android - fair point - I have a Poco F3 and the memory management is fairly aggressive so it could be killing it

For some reason, android phones seem to be more sensitive to the background stuff.

The app needs to stay in the background with refresh allowed so it knows when close to your car.

If I try force close the app on iOS, I get this pop up.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I have the Tesla key fob and have about same "failure" rate of car opening immediately when I get close, all I got to do is double tap the fob in that case so not a biggie

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Heinz57

I have a general query about planning a trip using the TESLA app, and hope someone can shed light on it (and forgive me if this is a query that has been asked before, it's my first EV, so am pretty new to this - and searching BOARDS ain't that easy). Currently I have 53% battery left and am going to do a return trip from Athlone to Dublin airport. On that percentage of battery, it seems there is not enough juice to make the return trip (when I enter the destination, the app tells me I will have 20% battery when I get to the airport... and it has been pretty accurate so far). I am planning to stop en route at the Superchargers at Enfield and pump in some electrons BUIT if I didn't know they were there, then I would have to charge up before I left. Based on many (many!) of the videos I have watched on Youtube, when folk plan a journey the app directs them to charging points along the way. Does this happen here? Am I missing something obvious? (Maybe it works on the nav in the car? I'm not with the car at the moment to check, but I assumed the app used the same map system).

Thanks.

The car will direct you through the superchargers…

just make sure you add the full round trip from Athlone to the airport and then back to Athlone… the car needs to know the full drive otherwise it will just try and get you to your destination at 20% (also known as ‘ASAP’), so you just need to make sure the car knows your final destination (home, where it’s fine to arrive with 20% remaining).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Heinz57

Thanks for the quick reply - that's good to know. I'll have to play around with the app to get that to work. I'm only getting "Location to Destination" on the app, can't find find the "via" option (as in, for this case, Athlone - Dublin Airport - Athlone. I'm sure it will be easier in the car as it's effectively GoogleMaps).

But I see that you are right. Just for the craic I put in "Athlone to Belfast" and sure enough it is suggesting I stop at Castlebellingham Superchargers and boost it for 7 minutes (18%). I'm surprised it is happy for me to arrive with only 6% charge (I'm less happy with that!!!). There's no doubt, planning a journey requires a bit more forethought.

Yeah, a Tesla in conjunction with the supercharger network is designed to get you to a destination as quick as possible…. So you always have to think of the return journey….

and yes it’s a million times easier in the car….. set your initial destination and then edit the trip and add a stop (back home) at the end of the trip…. And then the car knows you need additional charge to make it back..

2024,20.7 just installed now.

Bug fixes only I believe.

There’s a Spotify update on the way but not sure what version its in.

2023.26 should have some updates. Like autoheadlightswhen wipers are on. Brr

That was a feature before….. and then it was removed…

it’s a pain in the ass feature in fairness as if you need to wash your windscreen on a bright sunny day your headlights come on…..

I was fcuking delighted when they removed it a few years ago….

Not seeing it - are you on the "advanced" / Beta setting for f/w or regular?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

It's a legal requirement to have your headlights on when it's raining in US States so that's probably where it started out from

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I'd love to know how long is left on songs/podcasts on Spotify. Instead there's a stupid black line moving across. Try to touch it and it jumps forwards or backwards.

• Advertisement

Was just reading about future features on updates, made me think about a feature that is on other cars but not on Tesla afaik, to be able to control the adjustment of the passenger seat by the driver. Recently I was ferrying different sizes and ages of people as front passenger. It meant getting out of car to adjust seat.

I am sure it would be a very simple addition via software, any idea how to make a suggestion to Tesla?

Advertisement