Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All Ireland Senior Hurling Championship 2023 ( Munster And Leinster Championships,Liam McCarthy Cup)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭opinionated3

I would imagine that's an error on the part of the indo... . It's probably the other way around. 60000+ for tomorrow's game and around the 40000 mark for Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Pigeon Chaser

Limerick + Galway population of 400k

Kilkenny + Clare population of 230k

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭McBain11

Hi lads,

I've a spare ticket for Limerick Galway Saturday if anyone is interested?

Hogan stand, lower tier. Section 335. Row x. Seat 3.

25 euros - half price sale :-)

Anyone interested, just send me a pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,304 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

That is very clearly a typo.

Not sure Kilkenny can still be classed as "absolute masters" these days but they have as good a chance as anyone of making the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 challengerbell

The crazy thing about this weekend is that we have, in a way, no idea where Galway or Kilkenny are really at, and we are at the semi final stage. We all know they are on the same level talent wise as the Munster teams but we really dont know where they are this year.

Galways season up to the Tipp game could only be described as underwhelming to poor. Draw with a beatable KK team, then throw away a Leinster final to them. Draw with a poor Dublin team. Even the Tipp win wasnt anything to write home about, with Tipp basically failing to turn up and they gave up an 8 point lead in that game too.

Kilkennys season up to the Leinster final was playing out as uninspiring aswell. Draw at home to Galway, loss away to Wexford (granted in a game they didnt really have to win barring a miracle set of results).

It is just such a small sample size to rate each of them from we dont know what they will bring. Kilkenny are basically being rated from the Leinster final alone. Id expect them both to be competitive games and may give Kilkenny the nod against Clare depending on injuries on both sides. If Clare get Conlon, McInerney, McCarthy, O'Donnell all on the pitch I cant see a collapse like last year.

In contrast to Galway and Kilkenny, we know what we can expect from Limerick and Clare. 2 straight RR series with both coming out in the top 2 in Munster and each also getting stern tests from Cork and Tipp this year. Due to Tipps flop, Galway and Kilkenny have to rely on basically the Leinster final to find form.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭cosatron

Hegarty to wingback and Hayes to centre back. John Kiely has thrown a curve ball. Will they line out like this @breezy1985

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭Butson

Hi guys,

Bringing an elderly man to Croker tomorrow, sitting in Cusack stand.

Anyone have any parking recommendations? thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

It's no worse than other years though. Before the round robin series was introduced into the provincial championships, we would have seen Kilkenny or Galway only play twice before appearing in an All-Ireland semi-final. So it would have been an even smaller sample size to draw conclusions from.

Your guess is as good as mine.

I could definitely see it working. Hegarty spends a fair amount of the game back there when Limerick are defending and it would be the most accurate scoring back line I have ever seen so Galway will really have to push up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,868 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Got an email from GAAGO yesterday claiming they will be showing both of the hurling semi's. Guess I'll be watching the U20s rugby on Sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭irelandrover

Just because GAAGO are showing the games you will now refuse to watch them?

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭MattressRick

If Hegarty is run at though he could end up on an early yellow card and force a switch. It's easy to see him winning high ball but I can't see Galway putting anything down his wing unless they run it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,868 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Yes, I might listen on the radio but I refuse point blank to pay for GAAGO - the rugby is free to air, as it should be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭irelandrover

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭moby2101

… And on the BEEB (BBC2) !!!

spoiled with options

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭pgj2015

what is Hurling in the rain like? looks like it will be lashing rain Sunday for the game.

Hegarty spends a fair amount of time clearing out ball from the back. Limerick forwards spend a fair amount of time tackling up front.

And I'm pretty sure he played there underage and club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭dohboy

Well you clearly know nothing about hurling if you thought the semi-finals are behind a paywall so maybe you're better off watching the rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Butterbeans

Mostly wet.

Look up 2014 All Ireland Semi final between KK and Lim on YouTube - torrential rain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭PIORUN

go up M50 and come off as if your going towards Glasnevin....keep gonig and you'll be able to drop him very close to Croker in Drumconda and park the car somewhere not far from that either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭farmerval

Galway haven't produced 70 minutes so far this year, if they're to have any chance then they'll have to on Sunday. Any team hoping to beat Limerick have to have either from their starters or more likely the bench, wing forwards that'll push up on their men and make them defend. Too often teams are funnelling back and drawing Hayes and Byrnes onto them. I can't see Galway doing it, but who knows Limerick have been less impressive all this year.

Clare and Kilkenny will be fascinating. I suspect Clare will sneak home, but a bit like Galway their not getting any great fluidity like they normally do. They look more functional this year. Having said that, depending on injuries, they're getting the forwards set out better, O Donnell at full, Duggan at 10 is a better set up for them.

Kilkenny have several forwards that threaten more scores than they deliver, will this weekend be the one where Donnelly and Billie Ryan and Mossie Keoghan all weigh in with a few scores each?? The last few years on the day KK are knocked out their half backline has been an issue. Blanchfield will be a help, but they may need one more new player to strengthen sufficiently there.

Don't know who'll win, who both teams have available after injury will have a big bearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Hungry Bear

Looking forward to the weekend. Only the final left after it.

My predictions:

Galway to beat Limerick by 2pts. Injuries and time on the road to catch up with the champs.

Clare to beat Kilkenny by 7pts. Clare to avenge last year's defeat with a little more comfort than expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭C4000

I've a similar feeling about the Clare Kilkenny match. Last year's semi final was a freak game. Clare have lots of players in top form this year, Fitzgerald, O'Donnell, Rogers, Malone etc. I think their full back line will cope even if Cleary doesn't play. I've backed them minus 7.

Hoping that Limerick can summon another huge effort to get over Galway. Interesting line up if they play as selected. I think we'll see a different Cian Lynch tomorrow, they wouldn't start him (as captain) unless they are happy he's fully fit and rearing to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Hungry Bear

Kinda sad it's all winding up. I still haven't adapted to the change!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Wasnt really that much of a freak. That poor Wexford side should have beaten in quarters. Their players were all in top form last year too.

However I am expecting a much closer game this year with KK to win and give further succour to those who like to pretend that people think Leinster teams arent as good as Munster teams rather than the Leinster championship as a competition being muck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,070 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Limerick by 2

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭tranquilo

One thing I am looking forward to after the championship ends is a break from reading the constant tiring comparisons between the Munster and Leinster championships

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭newhouse87

Be great for championship if Galway and Clare could win, a novel final pairing. Think most neutrals would be hoping for that. Galway were poor against tipp only tipp were poorer so they will have to fire on all cylinders and hope hannon's loss will impact limericks fluidity out from the back and open up goal chances.

• Advertisement

I can see a bit of logic to it. Hegarty hasn't really been cutting loose up front this year and Galway usually handle him quite well.

Limericks big worry is Whelan and their full back line without Finn. I think they wont be allowing Galway have short puck outs letting the Mannions pick out Whelan and Cooney like they did v Tipp. So if Galway are forced to puck out long, it will be dowm on top of the biggest half back line the game has ever seen.

Also Hegartys power and athleticism will provide very prompt and valuable assistance to that full back line.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 challengerbell

Have Galway not won in Croke park since the 2017 All Irleand final rather than the 2018 semi final that they just said on RTE.

6 years and they playing in Leinster. Mad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,895 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Ya 2018 semi final was a draw and replay was Semple Stadium

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Galway by 3 is my guess. Go on the tribesmen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Big crowd

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Looked poor from the Galway full back there

very poor. He played his hurley, but he has been doing that for years so and fulk back should be wise to it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,940 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

No wides for Galway yet 10 minutes gone

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Administrators Posts: 54,172 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

What. A. Goal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,532 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

That pass was unreal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,295 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

That's a lovely goal by Galway. Great pass and finish.

• Administrators Posts: 54,172 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Hegarty must have took about 20 steps there 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Mad about baa baas

Only worry is galway have done all the hurling and still only 3 in it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭blowitupref

Good opening 20 mins. Galway have recovered well for the early goal conceded and they lead 1-10 to 1-6.

Henry has them wired direct

• Advertisement

Quaid got shat on by a seagull

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Mad about baa baas

Quaid stalling..pressure is on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,532 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Jesus Quaide is sick again, what's an allergy to a few points down called?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,940 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Couple more Galway points Limerick will be under pressure. Limerick hitting a good few careless wides.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

The Limerick goalkeeper faking injuries stuff is a joke at this stage.

• Advertisement
Advertisement