Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick GAA Discussion Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,685 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

I could see a midfielder dropping back one and Lynch or Hegarty in midfield.

I do think Hayes will be CB.

The biggest curve ball of all would be Kiely being honest about the starting 15 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭einn32

Didn't see that happening. Hopefully Lynch can play a fair chunk of the game. I think that's the way they will play.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭cave_dweller

I can see that team starting and would be excited to see it. If they do change it, I think it's likely that O'Donoghue goes to 6, Hayes 7, Lynch 9, Hegarty 10 and Reidy 11... That would be my guess. No chance Reidy or Lynch plays at 6 imo.

Ya I think Lynch is the bigger worry than what way the backs line up.

• Advertisement

What a team, what a win!! All Ireland Final here we come... 🙌 Lovely to watch tomorrow's game secure of our place in the final. Two exciting weeks ahead and the search for tickets commences 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭einn32

Awesome display. I really thought we were in bother after 20 minutes. We just took over then. I think Lynch makes such a difference. He threads so much ball through from tight situations. Some of the wides again were poor but we had a good spread of scorers.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭dvega

There is no other county who can read an change a game

• Registered Users Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

the most impressive part of today was on 25 minutes , 1-12 to 1-6 it was , nicky quade went down with an injury , enough time for the sideline to make adjustments until half time , at the break it was 1-13 to 1-12

the lad on the clare times facebook page talks about the infamous asthma machines in the limerick dressing room at half time , but the reality is its all down to kielys drive and kinnerks tactics , kinereck spotted weakness in the galway set up and exploited them , kiely thore in to his lads i imagine like dessie farrell did last week against mayo and limerick were a diffrent team

at the end of the game both Darragh o Donovan and Kiley gave basically the same interview , this is the power of having a top psychologist in curid in the set up , she has came form the calculated world of rugby to the fire and brimstone of 100 mile an hour hurling abd brought both belief and composure this side

i just hope we can get our side of the barging done tomorrow and go at it again in two weeks time , there will be no need for the sports psychologists for that one !!!

from the 25th minute to full time it was 1-18 to 0-6 points that is some hammering , and i imagine some of them galway scores were frees , they are a serious team , even i enjoyed watching them tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭moby2101

Great display yesterday, possibly our best performance since the Munster final last year.

how did Gillane or Hayes not get MOTM ?

Daragh was excellent but I thought either of the above were more influential.

On Cian, great to see him back but I thought he wasn’t anywhere near his best. He coughed up too many possessions, hand passes went wildly astray putting fellas under pressure which lead to conceded frees.

Cathal O Neill looked very sharp, he poses more of an aerial threat and I think he starts ahead of Cian at this juncture.

Stayed in Dublin last night, great banter with the numerous Clare lads here.

Jaysus theyre so cocky !! Judging by the lads we spoke to last night poor aul Kilkenny will be slaughtered!!!!

its a tough game to call….

WOULD LOVE TO BATE Clare in an All aireland final, weve beaten the rest Galway Cork Waterford Kilkenny.

i still think KK will win today but by god it would be some AI against Clare.

Hon Limerick.

what a team, thanks for all the days out lads ye do us proud. My head is killing me and now we have the prospect of more nights out , Woodland probably and Searsons gig have already been pencilled in and the Burlo !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

When we were under the kosh Daragh really stood out and broke up so much Galway play ,I taught he was tough and rugged all day broke up Galway ball and linked play for us! He was a bit of a Roy Keane yesterday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭moby2101

Just home and watching a bit of the BBC commentary from yesterday, the gave Gillane MOTM !!! ……and a nicer trophy!!!!!😂🏆

Kilkenny it is. They've some great players and it'll be a mighty battle. If we play well and bring our usual workrate and level of play then the boys will do the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭billyhead

Agree. Although it will be another titanic tussle I would expect us to do a number on them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭tranquilo

Hard luck to Clare today. They have really put it up to Limerick in recent years. Since 2018 there has been a total 4x All Irelands, 5x Munster titles and 3 National Leagues won between them.

somebody spent a little too long back in Kilkee today winding up the locals , best of luck in the final lad the last 45 years were hard earned ye deserve yer moment in the sun

why ye pick kilkee for some of those other moments in the sun i will never know though 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Quitelife

Tickets will be the next issue although a Limerick v Kilkenny final will be a lot easier than a Limerick v Clare final.

Last year there was plenty stand tickets on the day, Kilkenny is a small county population wise and youd imagine 20/25K would be as much Kilkenny ever have at a final, lot more neutrals though than ever keen to go to Hurling final after watching some of the great games this year and the football so average. It'll be the same story , those not involved in a club will have to try many options to get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Dannymole22

They went on general sale via ticketmaster last year if I remember correctly on the Friday or Saturday before the game. Was Nally only but would be a good indicator of availability not being an issue this year too hopefully

• Advertisement

Plenty of extra tickets floating around on the day too from people who had secured too many.

Generally don't think there is an issue when one of the smaller counties like Kilkenny make the final.

Agreed. Previous year with half capacity due to Covid was a nightmare and especially the fact it was against Cork.

I'm more worried about getting a train ticket than a match ticket this year 😂

I'm the same on the train tickets. Gonna be glued to that website. I know there will be a special train and possibly increased capacity on other trains but I'm also hoping some optimistic Clare people will start returning tickets over the next few days.

Limerick Leader posting they are due to be released later this week. It's a pity there us no way to get a notification from Irish Rail somehow that they are released.

I had notifications turned on for their twitter posts but by the time they tweeted about Semi-Final trains they were actually sold out so not ideal

Tickets for the football semi went on sale today. I am expecting ours to be next Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭paddyirish23

I use to ring irish rail for the tickets to see when they'll go up and they always come back with the week off the final but it's nearly always before. Got to booking tickets well in advance as a safe guard. Mine booked since munster final win👍. Now the search for a ticket for the match!!

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭paddyirish23

Just to add, any truth to the 97euro a ticket rumour??

I refuse to book for a final we are not yet in. Just a bit superstitious like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭C4000

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Tom Thumbless

Ticket and hotel now sorted. All we need now is the result. Luimneach abu

Advertisement