Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Senior Hurling Championship 2023 ( Munster And Leinster Championships,Liam McCarthy Cup)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,115 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

to be fair we have actually been there more times in football then hurling , in 2018 we drew with galway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭cannco253

I reckon it was 3:1 Limerick fans today. Given the inconsistency Galway have played with this year most people expected them to lose so didn’t want to make the trip. We were there to watch them lose….again….

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭Seadin

I wouldn't say they were beaten up physically, they matched Limerick there I thought, the main problem was their ability to get scores and tactically were away behind Limerick after 28mins of play. They played into Limericks hands especially when the puc outs were being hit straight down on the Limerick half back line. Kilkenny I think could beat Limerick if they can get to the final.

Drew with Galway and should have won that time and play Limerick in the final. Limerick would have been still flaky in 2018 starved from success and Clare I feel would have beaten them that day guaranteed.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭supermans ghost

Only the GAA would take their 2 marquee events the hurling & football finals and f**k with them so much on the calendar that now you don’t know from one year to the next what month they will be played in. Absolute disgrace, no other sporting organisation would be that stupid.

After RTE the next big investigation should be into the huge salaries of the top brass at the GAA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Deiselurker

Limerick's best performance of the championship so far. If play like that in the final they won't be beaten. Cathal Mannion is a good player but he panicked and gave the ball away for a goal for the 2nd game in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭YabaDabaDooley

I thought Galway hurled well for most of the first half and were fully deserving of their six point lead. The games big turning point for me was Galway's butchered attempt at a goal which would have put them eight points up coming up to half time. Kevin Cooney had room to get the shot off i feel and his pass was not great. Somehow Limerick kept Concannon's pull out of the net and to make matters worse then went up the field and scored a point. A four point swing in the blink of an eye that Galway never seemed to recover from. Going in at the break just one point ahead after being in such a commanding position they must have been fearing the worst at ht. It was as if all their belief drained from their bodies and from there until the final whistle Limerick dominated. It was a decent first half as a neutral and a bit of a damp squib the second. Well done to Limerick. First time i backed against them i should have known better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Musicrules

Limerick are an amazing team. Looks good for 4 in a row and 5 of the last 6 All Ireland's. The financial aspect of their victories can't be ignored though. Do we have a breakdown of how much investment goes into their underage setup and then also how much is spent on their senior teams?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,714 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Exactly,should of won but didn't,do u see a pattern here,anyway let's see how they get on today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,261 ✭✭✭threeball

Galway are a much smaller team now than they were in 2017 and Limerick are bigger than 2018 but for some reason this idea that they are a match for Limerick physically still abounds.

As for Limerick finding the old form, I'm not so sure. They were extremely wasteful and apart from Murphy walking out and physically handing the ball to a Limerick man then I don't know what more they could do ensure they gained possession.

Galway did everything they should have done in the first 30 mins and then the call came from the line to change it. Limerick got a foothold and the started to up the physicality. Galway who had never played the way they did for the first 30mins all year just went back to what they knew and were doing all year which was 1980s hurling, win it and lump it. Limerick gobbled it up. Any half decent team would.

This is an extremely poorly managed and organised Galway team. The worst in 15yrs I'd say. I wouldnt be saying that Limerick are unbeatable off the back of that but if they are to be beaten I think Clare are the only team left who can do it. KK are not much better than Galway and possibly worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭MacDanger

Same old story with Galway, talked up a bit beforehand but disappeared again on the big day. No shame in losing to limerick though, they're some team

• Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Anyone notice Peter Casey bought 3 or 4 frees in the space of a few minutes at the start of the second half dipping into a tackle and holding a players arm around his neck? I know he's small and technically it's a free if you come in at that height but he's really playing for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Don't put your hand r hurl in over the shoulder, he was clever and won his free as he was fouled he just made sure the ref pulled for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Mad about baa baas

Limerick are very Well coached in every facet of the game/game management..from the goalkeepers allergy to the opposition scoring a few points without reply to buying frees to throwing the ball..I don't begrudge them either..the only one that annoys me is throwing the ball..although every team is at the now

Fact is limerick have a fantastic system and also happen to have some savage hurlers who seem to be peaking at the right time again

Ya he was clever alright, he basically manufactures the situation himself though. The tacklers were just trying to stand him up which is perfectly legal and he ducks into it then and grabs the arm and makes it look like he has been clothes lined. Rightly or wrongly it's a bit of cute hoorism the game could do without and I'm not just targeting Casey or limerick.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

It’s something being taught to young lads playing now and has been for a good few years.

its clever as it draws the foul. It’ll be a brave ref who doesn’t give a free when they spot the attacker holding the hurl - they’ll be booed in the stadium but given plaudits afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

It's simple improve your tackle technique and avoid shoulder and neck high area no need to reach in over the shoulder when tackling!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

I used to think this but honestly I think the money will be forgotten about in 10 years time.

The truth is that this is just a once in a hundred years generation of limerick players. JP will keep pumping money in and maybe it’ll be the difference in a match or two but money can’t buy the fact that this group of players happen to have come together.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Freneys Treasure

Casey ducks down into the tackle before he begins his signature grab the hurley, throw the head back and arms up move, so spare us the avoid the shoulder and neck area bullshit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

did it against Tipp as well... and im almost certain he did it in munster final... i dont blame him for doing it sure if he gets away with it why wouldnt he do it..

• Advertisement

They weren't tackling him at shoulder height or putting their hand over the shoulder. He ducks into it grabs the arm and pulls it over the shoulder then.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Freneys Treasure

Am I reading this correctly, are you trying to somehow tie food poisoning to Quaid's cheating that has being going on for years and only seems to occur after successive scores from the opposition?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Musicrules

It's just a coincidence then? These players all came through just when a huge amount of money was invested into underage structures? All the top level coaching, strength and conditioning coaching etc they've received from a young age surely must have been of some benefit? That's before they even get to senior level.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭High bike

Jaysus some of the antilimerick scutter being spouted on here would make u laugh ffs.From jp's money,to Quaids sickness casey buying fouls the refs helping us .Ye must be pulling yere hair out today that Hegarty,Hayes or Gillane didn't get sent off yesterday.Lads suck it up ,appreciate a great team when ye see one ,get yere own county boards to get their finger out and try and catch up and stop the **** bitching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,934 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

I was just watching the free he got after the Galway player wrestled Flanagan to the ground and then threw his hurley away.

He does the duck and grab but it is still absolutely 100% a free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭opinionated3

With all due respect not every county board has access to the same funds that JP gives to Limerick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,934 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Prove it.

In all fairness I bet you don't have a clue. Bitter barstool bullsht is all you have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭waterwelly

You would swear it was Man City and the whole team was just bought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Glenomra

Desperately hoping that Clare win today to give us an all Ireland final for the ages.... meanwhile massive congratulations to Limerick. A superb skillful outfit, a credit to the game and their county. It's up to other, equally well resourced, counties especially Cork and Tipperary, to try and match them. As a Clareman I'm optimistic that we can.....

Advertisement