Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTÉ admits paying Tubridy €345,000 more than declared

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,568 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

No, he identifies as gender fluid so is now a They Them character.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

I was in Paris for business last week. I stayed with a Parisian friend and he told me the same thing. He mentioned that the Irish tri-color is inspired by France's flag and we used to have a rebellious nature. Now we allow ourselves to get looted by organisations such as the HSE, RTE and all the rest. The country is only run for a select few.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Northernlily

Tubs looks likes crying on the front of The Sunday Times.

Pure sympathy picture. Grow up ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Hungry Bear

Just reading about Richard Collins' wife dieing after being hit by a fallen tree in February 2011, 45 years old. That's very tragic. 3 children 7-14.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,329 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Where did you hear that about the Children's Hospital? I wouldn't be a bit surprised. FFG are a disgusting government when it comes to national interest. Party before Country all the time.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Advertisement

That is tragic. I'd like to see Collins lashing into the likes of O'Leary and Coveney and tell everyone that they were abusing the barter accounts and not telling him accurate details. O'Leary said she was told to put some of Tubs/NK hidden payments down as Consultancy fees. We need to know who told her. I am convinced she is hiding the truth and telling porkies. Nevertheless Collins has been incompetent and allowed the Executive to operate in financial silos.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,487 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Incorrect,pal.

Fcukkker is on my coverlet between Mr Perfect and Mr Mischief.

Never liked the kernt.

Absolutely tragic. You know, I sense that man is being used as a scapegoat.

He's failed in his role as CFO by taking verbal assurances on very serious items and thus his position is untenable that can't be denied. However nothing will convince otherwise that GOL and DF and some others are the real vipers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,825 ✭✭✭✭briany

I hope you educated him on the Irish people's rather long history of prostrating themselves for the powers that be. Rebellions more the exception than the rule.

I heard somewhere that NK could park up at Montrose and walk into any office he wanted at any time. The suggestion was that he had major influence and could get an appointment with the Board/Exec at any time. Is that true?

• Advertisement

Ah stop. The exact same. I worked in the HSE's biochemistry lab years ago. I seen relatives give their son or daughter temp jobs. These were often complete incompetent, entitled and took up huge amounts of training time. They also expected the job and felt entitled to it rather than really wanted it. Therefore, they didn't work as hard. I pointed this out and I was told "shur I would put a son or daughter in a role they weren't qualified for too". No I really wouldn't. I was also told by someone I know from the civil service (who is also on Boards) that I shouldn't complain about nepotism because some people get references from their former boss and that's the same thing.

It was mentioned already by someone else but the HSE procurement for supplies goes to contractors with the best placed relatives or friends. The HSE used to pay three times what they needed to for some supplies.

I pointed this out and the same type of gombeens that defend RTE here came back with "ah shure look isn't there nothing wrong with helping friend's businesses".

Reading this thread has put me in no doubt that nothing is changed. There's an incredibly childish way of doing business coupled with complete idiots defending them.

Not wrong there Edward.

You see it all over this thread. Some posters are outraged that we would upset the status quo and establishment. They would rather 'tip the cap' that uncover the truth and reform our public service broadcaster. It's a terrible flaw.

Well some of his "talent" such as Joe "can barely string a sentence together" Duffy will be covering the Dail committee's grilling of their agent Noel Kelly! that's a real example of the power he has.

I'm beginning to think we're a country of simpletons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭ZookeeperDub

Slowing down the children's hospital is the worst outcome for the government. They need it open and running. Cutting a ribbon a month before election would be a disaster for them. So I think you need to find a better source of information. For the current government if it was open tomorrow it would be perfect for them.

The biggest issue we have in Ireland is the unions are so strong that you could sit on your arse for 30 years doing nothing and you still couldn't get fired in a government department. No accountability. Nobody ever gets fired

I think the best example of Ireland is the amount of Independents we have in government. People who have no intention at all of doing anything good for Ireland, they have no view of what is good for Ireland. They get voted in on a nod & a wink. Then sit in the Dail for 5 years, fired out a few snippets on youtube/tiktok etc and people vote them back in. Why? well they fixed planning or fixed the road etc. The Healy Rae clan is a extreme version of this, millionaires yet asked for funding to run for last election.

You will never get anything done in Ireland when you have a Dail full of independents who couldn't care less if all of Ireland fell to pieces once they get to keep the pension etc.

I suggest you go to a 3rd World country and look at services before making that accusation.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,798 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

She does a lot of corporate hosting gigs. I was at a conference she MCed a few weeks back.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

That is sad and a terrible tragedy for him and his family on a personal level.

It does not however excuse his performances at the committees, or in his role.

One of my relations is a senior manager in the HSE and she told me she was delighted with the ransomware attack because it meant she didn't have to do any work for a few days.

I got sick in my mouth as there was obviously real suffering/cancellations from the delays, that very clear point did not seem to compute. And with such behaviours and attitudes, how will their ever be positive transformation and change.

BTW I get on well with this relation but she is completely institutionalised into a terrible organisational culture so it's not something to fall out over.

And the amount of jobs I have seen pushed out going into grades a few levels up sickening.

A rotten organisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭TinyMuffin

Nepotism.

like darcy bringing his wife at a massive cost with him to Rte.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

Sorry to side track the thread, but We never had a full revolution. We’re nothing like the French.

Like most mainland European countries, their economy is built on colonialism, slavery, and empire in the past, present, and future. For one example, just look at their history with Algeria. Like The UK, Spain, and Italy, they subjectify their own people and take the same structures and their language and plant them by force on other nations and take their resources and use their economies for their own benefit.

France has great PR worldwide but its ruling elite is rotten at its core. An extremely racist culture that will reap the rewards of its past for decades to come. France is more like the UK. Just take a look up North…

• Advertisement

Based on what I’ve heard I’d describe that as accurate to a certain degree. He could certainly command and demand an audience with the DG and other Exec. Committee Members and would be granted same.

There are many people however in RTÉ who probably wouldn’t have had a clue as to who Noel Kelly was until 2.5 weeks ago. Obviously they all know now.

I’d also imagine he’ll get a very different reception “going forward” if he rocks up to the place. I think he knows himself he’d not be very welcome there by most anymore. In fact, I doubt he’ll ever set foot in the place again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭ZookeeperDub

If thats the case she is one of the very very few people with an attitude like that in HSE. All organisations have bad workers and she sounds like one of them. The majority of the staff in the HSE ended up working around the clock to keep people safe while it all came crashing down around them.

So complain about your relation but don't try throwing everyone else in the HSE into the same category as her.

Somehow I doubt this relation even exists as this is internet and shock is the order of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

Yes I get on quite well with senior management too. Some of them even do try to fight the culture there but they can't. They're so far and long into the system that it will never change. The same thing is going on at RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,763 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I think you might be on to something, i suspect if the relationship with RTE and various governments overs the years were to be examined closely it could make Leo and Michael uncomfortable. With this in mind if Noel Curran appeared in front of the committee ,and was forthcoming, I bet he could reveal some interesting stuff about his time as DG. I get the feeling there are journalists in the know about some of this stuff but given they depend on politicians and civil servants for leaks and info they won't go near it.

I know she does, but she hardly needs a “celebrity” agent to do so. I’d argue she’d have gotten most of those gigs without Kelly’s “help”.

It was a nice, subtle, but calculated parting shot from a couple of those who’ve jettisoned Kelly and NKM in the last few days citing “impartiality”. It really puts it up to those who remain.

I’d imagine a few of them are waiting to see how the PAC appearances evolve. Of Kelly and Tubs perform well, they might tough it out. If they perform badly, or very badly, there will likely be a mass exodus.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Hungry Bear

I'm not saying it does. But it's part of the man's story I didn't know. I felt for him, on a human level, reading that.

You have just seen revelations about RTE, spongers, nepotism and freeloaders. Despite this you fail to believe that another state organisation could have a worker such as the one described by the poster you quoted.

I fear for both our country and our education system.

• Advertisement

Not correct S, the boy zoo is just giving an example of one person in a company, I didn’t see any suggestion that that attitude is endemic.

I have seen plenty examples of that attitude in the course of my employment.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement